Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Corpse Party
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Corpse Party
I go to a save point, it let's me select a save slot, and then it goes through the process of saving, it says the game was saved successful. but when I try to load a save, or overwrite my previous attempt at saving, all of the slots are just empty. that's about as detailed as I can get. also, fastmem doesn't work with this game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
(03-15-2013 09:05 PM)chrisDLCTS Wrote:  I go to a save point, it let's me select a save slot, and then it goes through the process of saving, it says the game was saved successful. but when I try to load a save, or overwrite my previous attempt at saving, all of the slots are just empty. that's about as detailed as I can get. also, fastmem doesn't work with this game.

Ditto, save points (and manual saving) don't seem to be working like most of the other games (I have seen save points work fine in Persona 3 for example).

But yeah, basically the same experiences as everyone else. Game runs great with the exception of what seems to be background audio and voice overs. I have also run into a problem where it seems like the game is waiting for some sort of audio cue and fails to allow me to progress. The game is still running (emulator buttons still press, fires are still flickering on screen), but I'm stuck in limbo as the game seems to be waiting for something to happen that never does.
03-24-2013, 06:51 PM
I get the same problem game freezes after the earthquake in the opening when someone screams. If you skip the opening it, when you speak with the ghost of the dead body and it opens a door, this other ghost comes and shouts NOOO and the game freezes. Save doesn't work either.

I DON'T think the game can be considered playable.
03-25-2013, 12:30 AM
having the same problem i'm using the avengers build on my ipad 2
03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
workin for me... Big Grin
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 03:15 PM by theWORLD.)
(03-25-2013 07:47 AM)skyfor Wrote:  workin for me... Big Grin

Could you post your PPSSPP version and settings.
03-26-2013, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 04:12 AM by chrisDLCTS.)
(03-25-2013 07:47 AM)skyfor Wrote:  workin for me... Big Grin

is it letting you save your game at the candles? I just deleted my ISO and I'll be so passed if this game is working now and I have to flash it over to my phone all over again haha

sorry for the double post, but if the save game problem hasn't been resolved, then this game simply isn't playable. it should be moved to the in - game forum
03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
v0.7-279-g72a73b5
Still can't save and stuck at the same points as before.
There are BGM and sound effects now. No voice.

Found the game runs smoothest, about average 40 fps, with these settings:
[Image: 71rxoh.png]
04-01-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 02:46 AM by theWORLD.)
v0.7-424-gf25735a
Same problems persist. Not playable. Figured out turning off buffered rendering speeds up the game by a lot.
04-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Sad RE: Corpse Party
It crashes for me after I talk to Seiko (after the Chapter 1 intro)
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Moved
04-18-2013, 04:47 AM
For most people it crashes:
if you watch the intro, when the intro ends and everyone falls, the screen dims to black and is supposed to show "chapter 01"

or

if you skip the intro, after Naomi and Seiko talk to the spirit, the door opens and a child spirit says "No...".

When I mean crash it the emulator doesn't crash. You can still see the spirit flame flickering and moving, so the game is still active, but the dialogue box is missing that spinning symbol in the corner, the one that means pressing x will continue the dialogue.

I have a feeling getting voice to work might fix this because these are points where the dialogue box waits for voices to finish saying everything before moving on. No voice means that it just waits forever.
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Have you tried playing this with the oioitff build? It might play the voices.
04-19-2013, 06:17 AM
oioitff build was added yesterday right?
I haven't tried it yet. I'll post the results once I do.
The ppsspp download list is down right now so I'll have to wait a bit.
04-19-2013, 07:33 AM
You'll have to go here to get the build. Just go the very bottom and look for anyone that has posted the lastest version.
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997