Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
11-13-2014, 06:42 AM
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
Thanks for the clarification on this [Unknown]!

With what you told me I was indeed able to use the PPSSPP disassembly to alter the fps of Jeanne d'Arc just like the patch does. It was a good learning exercise.

I remembered that Unchained Blades had 60 fps during the intro and 30 fps during gameplay from back when I was messing around with its sprite glitches from the resolution increases so I poked around in that game to see what I could do.

Ran into a situation similar to what was being reported in here about Monster Hunter Freedom Unite though. I could never manage to get the fps to increase at all, but I was able to cause it to be reduced down to 18. The results are similar but I haven't checked out Monster Hunter myself to see if the actual mechanics going on in both games are similar. Figured it would still be worth mentioning incase someone is still messing with Monster Hunter in regards to a 60 fps patch and was looking for another game that also experienced fps being decreased.

Here was the address in Unchained Blades that when NOP'd causes the intro speed to go from 60 fps to ~18 fps.
Code:
0881C75C     beq    s0,zero,pos_0881C79C

I also noticed that address 8A64038 holds a 0 during 30 fps and holds a 1 during 60 fps. I figure it may be being used as a flag of some sort, but I haven't messed around with it too much just yet. I did notice that forcing the value to either 0 or 1 didn't seem to have any effect during a brief test.

Thanks once again for the information. Always good to learn something new and maybe I'll actually do something useful at some point poking around at various games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - Kolrath - 11-13-2014 06:42 AM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM