Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 03:03 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(12-22-2013 05:41 AM)PlutoniumJones Wrote:  I don't know what you mean by the mathematics being wrong. What you posted didn't make any sense. The way cheat engine would slow down the game probably doesn't allow for the frames in between to be kept but speeding a 20 fps to 60 fps will have the game running too fast BUT at 60 fps. Then slowing the engine to only output at a third of the speed has it normally playable. I don't believe that the process will allow for you to increase your perceived frame rate but I have no idea what about the math you don't like. Either way it doesn't seem to help so I guess I'll keep looking for memory hacks.
I'm not going to explain it again, the phrase I have above makes perfect sense to people who know how to use those tools mentioned, to the rest there's no point to explain anything at all, the phrase "if that was right we would have already posted or confirm that method" is more than enough to cover the whole concept.
The whole concept of speeding up and then slowing down something is the simple math I have above, it's anything else but wrong or difficult to understand for those that are not familiar with what those tools do.
If that makes more sense then here's another one:
(x * 3) / 3 = x
replace x with the framecap of your game (i.e. 30)

You are just wasting resources by doing that plus, you kill alot of stuff that depend on perfect timing which could result into terrible bugs/hangs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - VIRGIN KLM - 12-22-2013 03:02 PM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM