Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
12-20-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(10-16-2019 04:05 PM)RedSawn Wrote:  Well I asked if someone could do my game privately but it's been a year, I've been tired of janky framerate and switching CPU clocks for a while and I got some other folks into the game so for their sake also I'm making my request public with a bounty.

Boxer's Road 2: The Real ULJM05125

BR2's a game meant to be locked at 30fps in-game and clocked at 60hz, but chugs around 20~27 FPS in most venues. Using a higher clock speed fixes that chugging, but a cutscene with the player's cutman between rounds only present in professional fights in the career mode (arcade, exhibition and saved replays are unaffected, plus the test you take before becoming a professional fighter) is the trigger for the game speed to unlock and put the match into hyperdrive.

Two rounds of 60hz
Two rounds of 333hz

I'll put up £30 if you can turn it into a 60 FPS game without repercussions. The game is 80/20 Japanese/English and pretty in-depth so I am able to provide save files to get you straight to a suitable fight.

There's other stuff I'd pay for but this isn't the thread for it.
It's been over 5 years since I asked about getting Hajime No Ippo Victorious Spirits PSP to 60 FPS. I am interested in getting both that game and Boxer's Road 2 to 60 FPS.

I haven't played Boxer's Road 2 for some time but I know in Victorious Spirits after you choose your fighters when it shows both player models face to face before it loads the match it seems that during that short time the frame rate is at 60FPS, but then when it gets into the match it drops back to 30FPS.

Victorious Spirits is an amazing game but it would be so much more fun if we can get it to 60 FPS during gameplay. Same for Boxer's Road 2, it's a very deep game but the choppy graphics always bothered me. At least in Victorious Spirits you have the broadcast camera view which makes 30 FPS more tolerable since the camera doesn't move like it does in Boxer's Road 2. BR2 really needs a higher frame rate with the camera options.

I am very interested in trying to search for a 30/60FPS switch code that we can enable to make both of these games run at 60 FPS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - planetpsp8 - 12-20-2019 10:12 PM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM