Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
02-03-2016, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 08:39 PM by Kabuto_Kun.)
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
@JAPAN
I am not sure if this cheat works, please test it and tell us if it worked for you. If it doesn't work, you can upload a SAVESTATE for me of your NPJH-50045 game with the PSP model option as PSP1000 with PPSSPP and I will fix it.
Check it on MGS cheats original post

- - - - -

@Linkinito
Yeah, I have only managed to get 60 FPS at double speed with Ratchet & Clank Size Matters, the same for Secret Agent Clank and Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier (they all use the same engine AFAIK), and after more tests I got double speed with Daxter too (I think it uses an engine similar to the others, maybe the first version).

This is so sad, if someone finds a way to fix at least one of those games, it would be easy to unlock the others.

- - - - -

More updates:
- I unlocked YS Seven with the "easy" method and used a speed modifier to adjust the gamespeed, but some things are still running at double speed (like game time and menus).
Using a different approach, which is adjusting how many frames get rendered, I can speed up the game speed perfectly, but can not make it slower as it uses an 1 (int) as the original value, and a 0 stops the game.

- Fate/Extra can be unlocked with the "easy" method, but runs at double speed. I have to search for a gamespeed modifier.

- I've sort of confirmed that FF Type 0/Reishiki uses an updated version of the FF Crisis Core engine. Using the 60 FPS hack for Type 0 posted by LunaMoo as a base, I finally made some progress with Crisis Core: can be run at double speed and porting other values may change the game speed. I tested a gamespeed cheat posted by VIRGIN KLM here, but I could not make it work. I'll keep trying...

goo.gl/kNOhTz : 60FPS master list, Mar. 2017 ; Reddit /u/Kabuto_Kun
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=105128#pid105128 : Unlock FPS in PSP games ("easy method")
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=123500#pid123500 : Permanently patch a PSP game with CW cheats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - Kabuto_Kun - 02-03-2016 09:22 AM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM