Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
04-17-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(04-17-2015 03:59 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  //Updated FFT-0 patch again ~ this game teached me the hard way why soo many crappy console ports on pc have 30fps cutscenes even when allowing 60fps gameplay:|, hopefully I wasn't forced to choose that solution;p.
//edit: and quick update to this one;p.

After i updated the list yesterday i've tried the patch on PPSSPP. One of the soldiers got an all of a sudden speed boost which was weird and PPSSPP crashed for some reason, maybe updating PPSSPP will help.

Ohh and i've updated the list again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2015, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015 09:43 PM by Gehrich.)
(04-17-2015 03:59 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  //Updated FFT-0 patch again ~ this game teached me the hard way why soo many crappy console ports on pc have 30fps cutscenes even when allowing 60fps gameplay:|, hopefully I wasn't forced to choose that solution;p.
//edit: and quick update to this one;p.
Thanks. I've been having to disable 60 fps before in-engine cutscenes.

Btw, the first Code Crimson mission ("Behind Enemy Lines" at the end of Chapter 2) was not completable on previous version. After collecting all the documents in the mission you're supposed to get a COMM message then get teleported to a new area. Worked fine in 30 fps, but in 60 fps the teleportation didn't happen. I'll see if new patch somehow fixes that.

Edit: Mission is still broken. Picking up the final document does not trigger COMM message.
04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks for testing. Update 5 should have it fixed. Let me know, if there are any other missions which never trigger some kind of events.
It's hard to keep the track of everything because of the patch size, so hope there will be no new bugs(like last time;c).

About stability, while testing the patch was stable for me, althrough I didn't really had time to test earlier versions much. If the new one would cause crash, make sure to restart emulation/load normal save before getting new update or at least using disable code from the old version before getting the new one, would be also good to check settings, since FFT0 hates things like multithreading, possibly also fast memory and changed psp cpu clock.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-18-2015, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 11:10 AM by Gehrich.)
(04-17-2015 11:35 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Thanks for testing. Update 5 should have it fixed. Let me know, if there are any other missions which never trigger some kind of events.
It's hard to keep the track of everything because of the patch size, so hope there will be no new bugs(like last time;c).
Thanks, fix in Update 5 worked. I'll be sure to report all broken triggers, but I won't be testing any mission that's replaced by a Code Crimson since this is my first time through NG+. I'll keep saves at the start of every chapter so I can rush through and test the other missions eventually.

Something strange happened, though. A Golem in the mission was double speed at first. Disabling the patch returned speed to normal. Re-enabling doubled his speed for a second, but he slowed down after that. I couldn't replicate it after that, so it's not too major.

(04-17-2015 11:35 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  About stability, while testing the patch was stable for me, althrough I didn't really had time to test earlier versions much. If the new one would cause crash, make sure to restart emulation/load normal save before getting new update or at least using disable code from the old version before getting the new one, would be also good to check settings, since FFT0 hates things like multithreading, possibly also fast memory and changed psp cpu clock.
Stability is fine for me, as well. I always have CPU clock maxed, though. It never seems to cause any problems.
04-18-2015, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 12:48 PM by LunaMoo.)
Another update, since I broke movement speed in world map and many cutscenes by one of the earlier fixes.:C

@Gehrich by golem you mean your summon, or one of those chapter 2 missions enemies? And by speedup it's animation or movement speed(as it uses different code). If it's animation speed it's probably caused by the hackish workaround for Ifrit fireballs althrough I don't think my golem summon was triggering it with any attack. I really need to find a better way to deal with the fireball I guess, but for now fail miserably at figuring out where it actually get's broken.:c

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
04-18-2015, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 03:33 AM by Gehrich.)
(04-18-2015 12:43 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Gehrich by golem you mean your summon, or one of those chapter 2 missions enemies? And by speedup it's animation or movement speed(as it uses different code). If it's animation speed it's probably caused by the hackish workaround for Ifrit fireballs althrough I don't think my golem summon was triggering it with any attack. I really need to find a better way to deal with the fireball I guess, but for now fail miserably at figuring out where it actually get's broken.:c
It was an enemy. I was finally able to replicate it and found the actual problem. Turns out going from Update 4's disable code to Update 5's 60fps code doubled the speed of a few things. I guess for savestates or mid-game updating the order should be Previous Disable>Current 60fps>Current Disable>Current 60fps. Sorry about the false report...

Jeez, another update? You're pumping these out super fast. I'm about to start on Chapter 3 combat exercises. I'll update this post afterwards to let you know if I find anything.

Edit: Nine's Jump ability causes the entire game to suddenly go 50% faster (all animations of everything; players, enemies, the frog in Corsi Cave, etc; player movement speed isn't changed, but enemies might?). Persists until patch is toggled or certain animations cancel it. I checked against forced double speed, and it isn't quite that fast. Reloaded and tested with previous patch, and problem occurred with it, as well.

Edit2: The 150% speed gets cancelled when AI or player casts a spell (only confirmed with Thunder RF and Blizzard BOM).

Edit3: Ace's attack animation speed is fine, but his cards fly faster (looks like double speed). When 150% speed is triggered Ace's attack animation breaks. His attack animation loops early on, and he throws cards about 1/4 of the time as normal.

Edit4: The level 99 enemies on the world map have faster animations. Patrolling movement speeds seem faster, but chase movement speeds are unaffected.

Edit5: Enemies and maybe a few other things can trigger 150% animations. Something during the Combat Exercise "A United Front with Soryu" triggered it. May have been from one of my characters dying, as it happened at about the same time. Some enemies in Togoreth, North Togoreth, and in "Iscah Infiltration" were triggering it for sure. Random battles rarely started at 150% speed, as well, though enemies may have used the right attacks immediately in those cases.

Edit6: Patch seems to heavily affect calculation of spell costs. Thunder RF: 36MP changed to 30 MP, upgrading lvl by 2 in either 30 or 60 fps changes each to 31MP and 28MP, respectively, but lowering MP lvl by 1 after that causes 35MP and 30MP... Seems that anything I haven't ever upgraded is unchanged, and anything I haven't upgraded since using the patch has costs reset (Thunder SHG2: 18MP>37MP, Avoid: 8MP>24MP, Cure: 77MP>99MP), though it may just be some weird calculation. This will complicate further testing, as I'm almost always out of MP now.

Edit7: Not sure if the countdown during chapter 3's first mission, "Iscah Infiltration," was supposed to go faster than 1 per second, but it was. It wasn't much of a time constraint for me, though.

Done for today. If the 150% speed is from the Ifrit fix, then you definitely need another fix. It affected ~80% of my random battles and happened 1-3 times each mission. Most testing was done in Togoreth/North Togoreth regions, and first half of Chapter 3 missions (including combat exercises). I'll tackle second half of Chapter 3 and the Code Crimson tomorrow.
04-18-2015, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 12:07 PM by Kabuto_Kun.)
LittleBigPlanet [EUR], UCES01264.ini
Code:
_S UCES-01264
_G LittleBigPlanet [EUR]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0x202209BC 0x00000000
_L 0x203ACED8 0x3C888889
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0x202209BC 0x0E2E9A69
_L 0x203ACED8 0x3D088889
Code:
_G LittleBigPlanet Demo [USA]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0x2020EA40 0x00000000
_L 0x20364000 0x3C888889
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0x2020EA40 0x0E2E9A69
_L 0x20364000 0x3D088889
Cheat Status: BETA? Read some of its issues HERE

Gravity Crash Portable [USA], NPUG80321.ini
Code:
_S NPUG-80321
_G Gravity Crash Portable [USA]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0x2000EDC4 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0x2000EDC4 0x0E2650CC
Cheat Status: No issues.

I also have 60fps cheats for Patapon 1 and 2 (I am sure that it's possible with Patapon 3 too), with these games we can NOP any of the sceDisplayWaitVblankStartCB and they will run at 60fps, but are like at double speed. BUT I found a different address to modify and then the games are playable, now with some timing issues. I can post these codes if someone can test them...
EDIT: Patapon games are 2D, after some real testing by Gehrich, it's obvious that this patch is not worth the issues it brings, so I deleted the cheats.

If you still want to test the codes, with cheat engine enable the HEX checkbox and search for the value "00010101", you will get less than 20 results and the one we want is usually the first one, replace it with "00010100" and that's the cheat.
- - - - - - - - - -

I think is a good idea to post the games that we have tried to unlock FPS. The fact that I could not find the codes for these does not mean they should be ignored for future attempts, maybe I missed something and someone else can find them.

+ Games tested with the "easy" method, but then run at double speed:
Naruto games (all of them), dynasty warriors strikeforce, dragon ball z tenkaichi tag team ...

+ Games that after NOP'ing a vblank using the disassembly run at 60fps, but at double speed:
Ratchet and clank size matters, Secret agent clank, jak and daxter lost frontier, Metal gear acid 1 ...

- Games that I could not change the FPS in any way:
Need for speed shift, ratatouille ...

? Games with "fake" 60 fps (displays 60/60 but still runs like 30): FF Crisis core ...

And a lot more games that I forgot Undecided
- - -

@stranno MGS Portable Ops speed modifier must be changed before the game start otherwise it will not work, it should be the same for Ops Plus. You can follow my tutorial but instead of searching for 1 or 2 according to the game FPS, search for 15(20fps) and 10(30fps) and freeze the value with cheat engine (enabling the checkbox of the address) before you start a mission to test it.

@LunaMoo Thank you for your advice about the speed modifiers, no luck with any game yet but at least now I have more options to try. Wink

goo.gl/kNOhTz : 60FPS master list, Mar. 2017 ; Reddit /u/Kabuto_Kun
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=105128#pid105128 : Unlock FPS in PSP games ("easy method")
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=123500#pid123500 : Permanently patch a PSP game with CW cheats.
04-19-2015, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 01:46 AM by Gehrich.)
(04-18-2015 09:42 PM)Kabuto_Kun Wrote:  I also have 60fps cheats for Patapon 1 and 2 (I am sure that it's possible with Patapon 3 too), with these games we can NOP any of the sceDisplayWaitVblankStartCB and they will run at 60fps, but are like at double speed. BUT I found a different address to modify and then the games are playable, now with only some minor time issues. I can post these codes if someone can test them.
I can't play rhythm games too well on emulators. Input lag, I suppose. Anyways, I can try if the codes are for the USA versions, but testing other games will take priority for me if I can't reduce lag and/or compensate my timings.

I adore Patapon, though, so I'll test either way.

(04-18-2015 09:42 PM)Kabuto_Kun Wrote:  It should be easy to port the code to the USA version or Patapon 3: with cheat engine, enable the HEX checkbox and search for the value "00010101", you will get less than 20 results and the one we want is usually the first one, replace it with "00010100" and that's all, then port the address to CW cheats.
Alright, I'll try that, post the USA version for completion sake, and begin testing immediately.

Edit: Removed pointless Patapon code.
04-19-2015, 02:28 PM
@Gehrich again, thanks for testing, most of those things should be fixed now with update 7 ~ still need to look up projectiles speed.
And yeah, it's best to restart/reload from normal save when updating or disable it first with old disable code, because I update both of the codes.

04-19-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 03:16 AM by Gehrich.)
(04-19-2015 02:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Gehrich again, thanks for testing, most of those things should be fixed now with update 7 ~ still need to look up projectiles speed.
It's my pleasure. I was just playing my third favourite FF and pointing out problems while you're the one that's doing all the tedious work. Rechecking potential problems is the only thing I have to go out of my way for. I guess I should start testing seriously since I want to help as much as I can on making this play normally.

On to testing. I'll update this post throughout the day to report all findings. Edit: Trying a new report format. I'll bold the item and explain all problems after. Should prevent messy reports like yesterday's, and I'll continually edit each item's explanation until I say I'm done for the day.

Projectiles: Most projectiles confirmed to be sped up. Spells and bullets from both sides, Trey's arrows, all of Cater's attacks, Cinque's Earth Impulse, and Sice's Dark Nebula and Psycho Vortex.

Charge Attacks: Charging speed for Trey's, Cater's, and Ace's base charge attacks is double. Cinque's Full Swing and King's Powered Bullet charging speeds are double, as well. Same is probably true for all charge ups.

Other Abilities: 1. The fiery red circle of Nine's Jump appears and hits enemies before he stabs the ground. It seems like the fiery circle is it's own animation tagged onto the end of the Jump animation. 2. Queen's Cross Judge rotates at double speed. 3. Anytime King is still his shots take double ammo and hit twice (standing attack, post-dodge "crouching" attack, and Endless Waltz). Doesn't happen when locked on nor when moving, but he shoots twice as fast instead. Basically, anytime he's shooting his DPS is doubled.

150% Speed: Here's a weird one. Instead of toggling 150% speed for everything, only certain animations of certain characters and enemies get sped up (it's usually only running animations from what I can tell). I've only noticed Machina, Cater, and Imperial Army Commander be affected so far. It's harder to confirmed triggers since I have to watch Machina while playing other characters. It seems to happen during Imperial Army Commander's grenades, Nine's High Jump, occasionally during King's new still-standing "double shot," King's Powered Bullet, and maybe when switching between the two characters that aren't Machina. Edit: Queen started going faster at some point. Nothing that triggered the other characters would trigger her, so it seems like the triggers are extremely selective now. Edit2: I was grinding for SHG2 spells when I noticed that charging spells is a definite 150% trigger.

Scenes: The panning and text of the Moogle Class scenes go at double speed, but audio is normal.

Minor Details: (Listing these in case you plan to finely polish the patch.) 1. There's a frame or two in the Relic spinning animation that glitches out. Seems to be when the animation loops. 2. The fountain water in the Fountain Plaza is going double speed. It causes frequent texture scaling slowdown due to how PPSSPP reapplies scaling. Unnecessary reapplication of scaling fixed in newer builds. 3. The double speed of the Alto Crystarium causes a sizable performance hit. Sometimes it uses more than 80% of my GPU, sometimes it only takes ~60%. It's one of the most resource heavy parts of the game. For reference, I average 43% for most of the game.

Side notes: 1. Decided to test all projectiles since you mentioned projectile animation (I had thought it was only Ace's cards before). Personally, I like the enemy bullets being faster for realism and difficulty purposes. It also makes Cater more potent (which she kinda needs later on). I wouldn't mind this staying if it weren't for the fact that it buffs the already powerful Ace, and it makes speed stat for spells a little less useful. 2. Seeing enemies die while Nine is still in the air is hilarious. It's a decent buff to Nine, but it just looks silly and broken. 3. Seems like King is the most powerful character at the moment. He ain't playing games with those fast bullets and double shots. 4. Trying to find and fix everything affected by the Ifrit fix must be a pain on your end. Thankfully, the 150% is now only a minor hindrance for playing, but it's only gotten harder trying to test the causes and effects.

Alright, I'm done for today. I got sidetracked, so I couldn't fit the Code Crimson into today's sessions. Most characters and all four of chapter 3's combat exercises done. Next Code Crimson and a rehash of character testing when there's an update.
Edit: I made two late edits to 150%. Thought I should bring attention to that.
04-20-2015, 05:14 PM
@Gehrich thanks for the detailed list. I guess the code which I forgot what was doing and was multiplying cost of spells was used for their speed previously;p, since I remember doing something with spell speed earlier;x. Oh well, have to do some things differently. That's general problem with this game ~ reuses same functions for different things and it get's hardcore at times for doing some of those things properly;c.

Already know how to patch some more background animations as I found them yesterday accidently for sure affecting water/clouds/windmills(at chocobo ranch), not sure if the same code will affect alto crystarium, through I don't really think correcting animation speed makes anything lighter since with same number of objects every frame the amount of work should be similar if not same.
Didn't really knew I patched relic animation already, heh probably accidently by something completely different, or it's just a rounding issue.
Anyway I'll probably not have much time until the weekend, so will mess with it all then.

04-20-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 11:27 PM by Gehrich.)
(04-20-2015 05:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I don't really think correcting animation speed makes anything lighter since with same number of objects every frame the amount of work should be similar if not same.
You're right. Idk what I was thinking. The only way it would affect performance is if it reloads textures when they loop. The textures in this game are pretty heavy, though, so it may help.

I decided to work on other things today.
Brandish: The Dark Revenant, Danball Senki Boost, UFC Undisputed 2010, Ys Seven, and Nayuta no Kiseki work with "easy" method but go double speed. I'm gonna need to eventually bite the bullet and attempt to find speed modifiers.
Corrected the Patapon USA code. I tested for a very short period since I was able to reduce input lag.

Patapon test log
Scenes: The very start of the tutorial cannot be played in 60 fps. It fades from black fine, but it fades back and forth after reaching a certain point. It seems to require pressing O twice as fast to trigger the following scene, but that would be off rhythm.

Timing: Perfect timings seem to require more precision.

Enemies: Dragon in tutorial has double movement speed. His animation speeds are normal.

I don't think this game is benefiting much from 60 fps since the vast majority of the game is 2D animations. As far as I can tell, the only uses for this are smoother camera pan and adding a "hard mode" by making perfect timings tighter. I'll continue testing if someone really wants to fix the problems for such a small payout.
04-21-2015, 05:12 AM
@ kabuto-kun, thanks with your "easy" method tutorial in other post, i learn and find the code for Dissidia 012 Duodecim ASiA english - japanese (NPHH00293)
here the code:
Code:
_G Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy [ASIA]
_C1 Force 60 FPS
_L 0x20415444 0x00000001
_L 0x20415448 0x00000001
the second code is autoenabled when change the value to 1 with cheatengine, i don't know or is my imagination but enable the second value the game run better (sound ok but videos a little flashy i think) , thanks guys. i keep search other games with my little knowledge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
i73770k + cosair 8gb + 660ti geforce + asus 120hz monitor
04-22-2015, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 08:23 AM by Kabuto_Kun.)
WipEout Pure [USA-v1/UMDv1.04], UCUS98612.ini
Code:
_S UCUS-98612
_G WipEout Pure [USA-v1/UMDv1.04]
_C0 60 FPS UMDv1.04 [Always]
_L 0xE001FFFB 0x00065760
_L 0x20065760 0x00000000
_C0 60 FPS UMDv1.04 [Ingame only]
_L 0xE0020001 0x00287FD0//ingameCond
_L 0xE001FFFB 0x00065760
_L 0x20065760 0x00000000
_L 0xE0020000 0x00287FD0//ingameCond
_L 0xE0010000 0x00065760
_L 0x20065760 0x1480FFFB
_C0 30/60 FPS UMDv1.04 [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x00065760
_L 0x20065760 0x1480FFFB
WipEout Pure [USA-v2/UMDv2.00/Greatest Hits], UCUS98612.ini
Code:
_S UCUS-98612
_G WipEout Pure [USA-v2/UMDv2.00/Greatest Hits]
_C0 60 FPS UMDv2.00 [Always]
_L 0xE001FFFB 0x000652A8
_L 0x200652A8 0x00000000
_C0 60 FPS UMDv2.00 [Ingame only]
_L 0xE0020001 0x0028E390//ingameCond
_L 0xE001FFFB 0x000652A8
_L 0x200652A8 0x00000000
_L 0xE0020000 0x0028E390//ingameCond
_L 0xE0010000 0x000652A8
_L 0x200652A8 0x1480FFFB
_C0 30/60 FPS UMDv2.00 [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x000652A8
_L 0x200652A8 0x1480FFFB
This game already runs at 60 fps ONLY in single race and tournament modes. If you play in time trial, zone or free play modes it runs at 30 fps... but not anymore, this cheat fixes that Big Grin

WipEout Pulse [EUR], UCES00465.ini
Code:
_S UCES-00465
_G WipEout Pulse [EUR]
_C0 60 FPS [Always]
_L 0x2011DDF8 0x00000000
_C0 30/60 FPS [Default]
_L 0x2011DDF8 0x1E40FFFC
_C0 30 FPS [Always]
_L 0x203A117C 0x00000000
This game already runs at 60 FPS in gameplay but runs at 30FPS on menus; I post this just in case someone wants 60FPS all the time Wink.

You can get the 60FPS cheats for GTA LCS [USA-v1/UMDv1.05] and GTA VCS [USA] posted HERE.
GTA - Liberty City Stories [USA-v3/UMDv3.0], ULUS10041.ini
Code:
_S ULUS-10041
_G Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories [USA-v3/UMDv3.0]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x002B338C
_L 0x202B338C 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x002B338C
_L 0x202B338C 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v1/UMDv1.05], ULES00151.ini
Code:
_S ULES-00151
_G Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v1/UMDv1.05]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x002B343C
_L 0x202B343C 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x002B343C
_L 0x202B343C 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v1/UMDv1.00][German], ULES00182.ini
Code:
_S ULES-00182
_G Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v1/UMDv1.00][German]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x002B3388
_L 0x202B3388 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x002B3388
_L 0x202B3388 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v2/UMDv2.00][German], ULES00182.ini
Code:
_S ULES-00182
_G Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories [EUR-v2/UMDv2.00][German]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x002B32D8
_L 0x202B32D8 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x002B32D8
_L 0x202B32D8 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Liberty City Stories [JAP/UMDv1.01], ULJM05255.ini
Code:
_S ULJM-05255
_G Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories [JAP/UMDv1.01]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x002BA088
_L 0x202BA088 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x002BA088
_L 0x202BA088 0x1000FFF7

GTA - Vice City Stories [EUR], ULES00502.ini
Code:
_S ULES-00502
_G Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories [EUR]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x0020745C
_L 0x2020745C 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x0020745C
_L 0x2020745C 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Vice City Stories [EUR][German], ULES00503.ini
Code:
_S ULES-00503
_G Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories [EUR][German]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x00207324
_L 0x20207324 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x00207324
_L 0x20207324 0x1000FFF7
GTA - Vice City Stories [JAP], ULJM05297.ini
Code:
_S ULJM-05297
_G Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories [JAP]
_C0 60 FPS
_L 0xE001FFF7 0x0030CEC8
_L 0x2030CEC8 0x00000000
_C0 30 FPS [Default]
_L 0xE0010000 0x0030CEC8
_L 0x2030CEC8 0x1000FFF7
*Cheat Status: Both GTA cheats are almost perfect, except:
- In GTA LCS, an annoying noise can be heard sometimes (like a constant car horn from nowhere), this seems to be related to the cheat when enabled but if you pause the game (by pressing start button) when you go back to the game the sound wil be gone.
- Both games have random slowdowns to 30 FPS in heavy areas (especially GTA LCS).

I think the GTA games need a higher PSP clock speed than default to be playable at solid 60 FPS. In PPSSPP, set it to some value higher than 333 MHZ (444, 555 or 666 MHZ?) and before starting the game, and remember to not load a savestate saved from the game booted with a lower CPU speed.

We still need to port 60FPS codes to GTALCS [EUR-v2] and GTALCS [EUR-v3].

It should be easy to port the cheat for LCS or VCS to other region/version:
Boot the game and let your player/vehicle alone, open ppsspp disassembly, click Funcs, search for "vblank" (ctrl + f) in the address list from the right and set a breakpoint on the result (double click it and it turns red). If the game is running normally with the breakpoint enabled, then disable that breakpoint and continue the search for another "vblank".
At some point you will find a vblank that pauses the game with a breakpoint on it, look around for an opcode with a "b" (like "b 0x08AB341C"), right click it, click on assemble opcode and enter "nop", now go play the game. If it runs at 60fps, right click the address you found with the "b" and click on copy address. If we decrease this copied address by 08800000, we have the CW cheat for the ini file. You can use the same values I posted above with the address you found for the CW cheat.
    GTA LCS Example with correct "b" opcode (EUR)

I used the same method with GTA Chinatown Wars and it worked, unfortunately the game goes double speed, and no luck with a speed modifier Angry

@Gehrich Thank you for your testing with Patapon. After playing for a while with the cheat enabled I thought the same about it, it's just not worth it.
- - -

The easier games to unlock are those that change in-game FPS, like game menus at 60/30 fps (NOT videos) and real gameplay at 20/30 fps. Let me know some games with this behavior and I'll give them a shot.

goo.gl/kNOhTz : 60FPS master list, Mar. 2017 ; Reddit /u/Kabuto_Kun
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=105128#pid105128 : Unlock FPS in PSP games ("easy method")
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=123500#pid123500 : Permanently patch a PSP game with CW cheats.
04-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Any code can enable 30fps / 60fps on MGS Portable Ops?