Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
04-18-2015, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 03:33 AM by Gehrich.)
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(04-18-2015 12:43 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Gehrich by golem you mean your summon, or one of those chapter 2 missions enemies? And by speedup it's animation or movement speed(as it uses different code). If it's animation speed it's probably caused by the hackish workaround for Ifrit fireballs althrough I don't think my golem summon was triggering it with any attack. I really need to find a better way to deal with the fireball I guess, but for now fail miserably at figuring out where it actually get's broken.:c
It was an enemy. I was finally able to replicate it and found the actual problem. Turns out going from Update 4's disable code to Update 5's 60fps code doubled the speed of a few things. I guess for savestates or mid-game updating the order should be Previous Disable>Current 60fps>Current Disable>Current 60fps. Sorry about the false report...

Jeez, another update? You're pumping these out super fast. I'm about to start on Chapter 3 combat exercises. I'll update this post afterwards to let you know if I find anything.

Edit: Nine's Jump ability causes the entire game to suddenly go 50% faster (all animations of everything; players, enemies, the frog in Corsi Cave, etc; player movement speed isn't changed, but enemies might?). Persists until patch is toggled or certain animations cancel it. I checked against forced double speed, and it isn't quite that fast. Reloaded and tested with previous patch, and problem occurred with it, as well.

Edit2: The 150% speed gets cancelled when AI or player casts a spell (only confirmed with Thunder RF and Blizzard BOM).

Edit3: Ace's attack animation speed is fine, but his cards fly faster (looks like double speed). When 150% speed is triggered Ace's attack animation breaks. His attack animation loops early on, and he throws cards about 1/4 of the time as normal.

Edit4: The level 99 enemies on the world map have faster animations. Patrolling movement speeds seem faster, but chase movement speeds are unaffected.

Edit5: Enemies and maybe a few other things can trigger 150% animations. Something during the Combat Exercise "A United Front with Soryu" triggered it. May have been from one of my characters dying, as it happened at about the same time. Some enemies in Togoreth, North Togoreth, and in "Iscah Infiltration" were triggering it for sure. Random battles rarely started at 150% speed, as well, though enemies may have used the right attacks immediately in those cases.

Edit6: Patch seems to heavily affect calculation of spell costs. Thunder RF: 36MP changed to 30 MP, upgrading lvl by 2 in either 30 or 60 fps changes each to 31MP and 28MP, respectively, but lowering MP lvl by 1 after that causes 35MP and 30MP... Seems that anything I haven't ever upgraded is unchanged, and anything I haven't upgraded since using the patch has costs reset (Thunder SHG2: 18MP>37MP, Avoid: 8MP>24MP, Cure: 77MP>99MP), though it may just be some weird calculation. This will complicate further testing, as I'm almost always out of MP now.

Edit7: Not sure if the countdown during chapter 3's first mission, "Iscah Infiltration," was supposed to go faster than 1 per second, but it was. It wasn't much of a time constraint for me, though.

Done for today. If the 150% speed is from the Ifrit fix, then you definitely need another fix. It affected ~80% of my random battles and happened 1-3 times each mission. Most testing was done in Togoreth/North Togoreth regions, and first half of Chapter 3 missions (including combat exercises). I'll tackle second half of Chapter 3 and the Code Crimson tomorrow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - Gehrich - 04-18-2015 02:25 PM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM