Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gamepad Crashes on Android
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Gamepad Crashes on Android
I saw many builds that says the crashes in Android with gamepad was fixed. But when I use my generic controller, the emulator crashes. What may be? Huh

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Gamepad Crashes on Android
(07-10-2013 04:33 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I saw many builds that says the crashes in Android with gamepad was fixed. But when I use my generic controller, the emulator crashes. What may be? Huh

I have the same problem with my bluetooth controller. Anytime I press on the d-pad or an analog stick it says that "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."

I've tried uninstalling, clearing data, clearing cache...I haven't been able to get it properly working since 8.1-169
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Hm, i fixed the crashes I could reproduce Sad Don't know what might be going on...
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
(07-10-2013 07:35 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Hm, i fixed the crashes I could reproduce Sad Don't know what might be going on...

Is there any way to produce or send a report for debugging?

I'm going to try my Sixaxis and see if it works with that on recent builds.
07-10-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 09:15 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
I make a log, I don't know if will help: http://www.mediafire.com/view/0llzsvz7ij...453918.txt
The emulator crashes when I press d-pad or use analog stick.

I also mapped the buttons on PPSSPP, but when I press any mapped button, not happen any thing.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-10-2013, 09:48 PM
I went in to devices and made sure to clear out anything that is active, clear cache and data for any associated apps, etc.

If I active the controller using Bluez IME I can use the Zeemote JS1 driver and set the device as Bluez IME and it works, but the tablet doesn't acknowledge the use of the L & R buttons or D-pad. The left analog works like a D-Pad and the other buttons map as well. If I don't set device as IME then it causes it to crash.

Still doing some exploring...
07-11-2013, 05:21 AM
so it seem as though native support causes it to crash but if I use Bluez IME it is fine. I can even use GameController app and set it to Bluez IME and be able to use the analog stick as the dpad and the 4 buttons. I'm still working on getting it to use the start and L/R buttons, though.
07-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the testing and the logs guys, this is still quite mysterious to me though...

I'll see if I can add some more error checking.
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
No problem. I have a few other solutions to attempt. I don't know if it is a problem since the dpad is mapped internally to the same buttons as the stick and it is trying to use two different buttons simultaneously causing a crash. Perhaps clearing the mapping and mapping buttons from the start would help. I'm on a mission to find a solution.
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
EDIT: When using as a native pad all of the buttons are recognized by the device and L/R can be mapped as built-in, same as the other 4 input buttons. It is only the directional inputs that cause the crash.
07-12-2013, 11:27 AM
So I found a solution to the problem.

The bad news is that it is more of a band-aid solution since it doesn't fix the problem with ppsspp crashing with the pad as native.

The good news is that I found a workaround to get all of the buttons to work. PPSSPP supported the Bluez IME but not native, however Bluez didn't recognize some of the Steelseries Free buttons. After some digging I found a developer build specific for this type of controller which lets me map all buttons and allows me to use it on PPSSPP. Here is the link where they had broken down the inputs and for anyone else that may use this type of controller:

http://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-i...ail?id=192

I don't know if the information contained there would help in determining the cause of the crash.