Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
(Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
12-18-2013, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 08:22 PM by -Soel-.)
RE: (Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
(12-17-2013 03:50 PM)WonkoTheSane Wrote:  Ok... upon compiling I now at least get a log.

Here are the parts that appear to be errors:
-- Could NOT find PNG (missing: PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1365 (file):
file INSTALL cannot find "/Developer/PPSSPP/assets/shaders".

Any clue on how to get those to function?

I have the same problem...I looked on the github repository and the assets folder contains lots of files that are not downloaded when I get a complete copy of the source code, even very old ones. This is really weird.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/tree/master/assets

Also, PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR is related to libpng16, maybe we need to download it through brew?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: (Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
I was able to compile PPSSPPSDL through terminal, without using PPSSPP Helper. I wonder why it blocks the compilation...
Anyway, the commands were the following ones. I used as my folder /Applications/Emulators/PPSSPP/SourceCode, but you can use any folder you want.

cd /Applications/Emulators/PPSSPP/SourceCode
git clone git://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp.git
cd ppsspp/
git submodule update -i
cmake /Applications/Emulators/PPSSPP/SourceCode/ppsspp
make

And then I call ./PPSSPPSDL from that folder to launch the emulator.
No other library was needed other than sdl and cmake, both installed through homebrew Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply