Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
(Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
08-19-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 01:03 PM by xuxulll.)
RE: (Huge Update 2013.08.14)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
(08-19-2013 07:03 AM)Dreamer... Wrote:  Localisation:

PPSSPP.app maker:
Unzip and put into /Applications folder
Code:
cp /Developer/PPSSPP/build/PPSSPPSDL /Applications/PPSSPP.app/Contents/MacOS/
cp -r /Developer/PPSSPP/build/assets /Applications/PPSSPP.app/Contents/MacOS/
It makes PPSSPP like native PPSSPP.app with icon and classical start from Application menu.

My app for update, compile, and put into Applications folder:

Hmmm... something strange...
PPSSPP Helper can't compile - just clearing build folder and that's all
My app works fine...

Excellent! Thanks for your contribution!

That PPSSPP Helper can't compile means PPSSPP cannot be compiled with main app or with status bar app?

In addition, you can enable log in the preferences of main app and use main app to check out what's wrong with compiling.

I can't open phlocalized file on my mac... I don't know what's wrong.. Can you export and upload localizable.strings with export button on the toolbar?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: (Huge Update 2013.08.14)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
How can I put the emulator in fullscreen?
08-20-2013, 08:06 AM
xuxulll

.zip  Localizable_Russia.strings.zip (Size: 5.8 KB / Downloads: 533)

igarikoitz
I think need add some strings in code. Ask developers about it.
I want this feature to... Rolleyes
08-20-2013, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 10:46 AM by xuxulll.)
(08-19-2013 01:36 PM)igarikoitz Wrote:  How can I put the emulator in fullscreen?

That'a great idea. But, until now, I haven't found out how to make it... Maybe source codes of PPSSPP needs modification. I'll keep an eye on this. Thanks!

(08-20-2013 08:06 AM)Dreamer... Wrote:  xuxulll

igarikoitz
I think need add some strings in code. Ask developers about it.
I want this feature to... Rolleyes

Smile Good. Full screen PPSSPP maybe needs modification of PPSSPP's source codes. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks again for your help!
08-24-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 07:40 PM by -Soel-.)
I downloaded the application to compile PPSSPP on my MacBook Pro, but...I have Lion, and when I open the application it says that it can only run in Mountain Lion.
Can't you please set it as backward compatible in you XCode build settings? Or it's really using some functionalities that only exist in OSX 10.8?
08-25-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: (Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
(08-24-2013 09:56 AM)-Soel- Wrote:  I downloaded the application to compile PPSSPP on my MacBook Pro, but...I have Lion, and when I open the application it says that it can only run in Mountain Lion.
Can't you please set it as backward compatible in you XCode build settings? Or it's really using some functionalities that only exist in OSX 10.8?

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to set it and leave it default. I've modified it. download again, and you'll get it. Thanks for your report.
08-25-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: (Update 2013.08.26)PPSSPP Helper Mac Edition-help to download,update and compile
(08-25-2013 06:37 AM)xuxulll Wrote:  
(08-24-2013 09:56 AM)-Soel- Wrote:  I downloaded the application to compile PPSSPP on my MacBook Pro, but...I have Lion, and when I open the application it says that it can only run in Mountain Lion.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to set it and leave it default. I've modified it. download again, and you'll get it. Thanks for your report.

Thanks, now it works also for me!
09-25-2013, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 05:22 AM by Dreamer....)
[SOLVED]
Some days i get error
Code:
Linking CXX static library lib/libCommon.a
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libCommon.a(ExtendedTrace.cpp.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libCommon.a(ExtendedTrace.cpp.o) has no symbols
[ 19%] Built target Common
make: *** [all] Error 2
09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
how do you fix this error "Checking files...
Failure.
Error: /Developer/PPSSPP or .git in it not found!Please re-download a complete copy of source codes." on PPSSPP Helper.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
09-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Please re-download a complete copy of source codes.
11-01-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 11:27 AM by -Soel-.)
I'm trying to download version 0.9.5 with ppsspp helper, downloading a complete copy of source codes, but I have a problem. Everytime the procedure arrives to initialize the ffmpeg submodule, it stays indefinitely in the phase "Getting module ffmpeg..." without continuing beyond that phase. Anyone has the same problem?

Edit: I solved the problem by going into the source code folder and launching "git submodule update --init". Still no success in doing the procedure through ppsspp helper, though.
11-25-2013, 07:24 AM
I find how to launch emulator in fullscreen mode!
In terminal:
Code:
/path/to/PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen
11-27-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:24 AM by xsacha.)
I have compiled the latest version with Qt5.1. You can download here: https://mega.co.nz/#!TlQSXCpa!OFHNwhhGVg...Gsls9Y338w

Here's the Qt version compiled (you will need Qt5.1 installed):
[Image: csKBW3t.png]
12-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I downloaded version 0.9.6 and I tried to compile it, but PPSSPP Helper gives me this error:
"Failed to compile. Rollback to former latest version or user selected version. Please launch PPSSPP Helper to check out."
I tried both by updating a previously downloaded version and by getting a new complete copy of the source code, but the error is the same in both cases.
Someone else has this problem? Is there any way to know some more details about why it fails to compile?
12-17-2013, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 05:17 PM by WonkoTheSane.)
On a Macbook Pro with 10.7 (Lion)

Have everything set up (got the essentials) and run the "Get a complete copy of source code..." option first.
On running the get module initialized option I get the following error:

"
Checking files...
Failure.
Error: /Developer/PPSSPP or .git in it not found!Please re-download a complete copy of source codes."

Any clue on how to get this working?

EDIT:
Ok, so I entered /Developer/PPSSPP in to finder's go-to function and it tells me that the folder does not exist.
I went to the mac's root and created both folders. I noted that after typing in Developer it changed the folder icon to a very specific type of one (developer?)
In any case, when running the "Get a complete copy..." command, it starts to download the source (not just an instant moving on to next step error).

Will let you all know if this fixes it all for me (still downloading source on a slow connection)

EDIT 02:

Still no luck. Now it tells me "Failed to compile. Rollback to former latest version or user selected version. Please launch PPSSPP Helper to check out."

Edit 03:

Ok... upon compiling I now at least get a log.

Here are the parts that appear to be errors:
-- Could NOT find PNG (missing: PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1365 (file):
file INSTALL cannot find "/Developer/PPSSPP/assets/shaders".

Any clue on how to get those to function?