Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NexxTech USB Adapter with PSOne gamepad
07-03-2013, 08:48 PM
NexxTech USB Adapter with PSOne gamepad
Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I looked around and while I got the impression that PPSSPP doesn't have 100% gamepad support yet, but I was hoping I missed something.

I'm currently using a NexxTech (Sector 7) USB adapter, as linked below. I bought mine years ago but AFAIK it's the same model.

http://reviews.thesource.ca/9026/5810257...ng&dir=asc

My gamepad is just a regular PSOne gamepad.

I'm using PPSSPP v0.8.1. I've never tried PPSSPP before.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the emulator doesn't seem to recognize my gamepad. Even when I go into the configuration screen and force DirectInput, it still won't let me use the gamepad. For example, if I select one of the buttons on the config screen, it won't acknowledge that I'm pressing one of my gamepad's buttons.

For comparison's sake, my other emulators (ZSNES, VisualBoyAdvance, Dolphin, JPCSP) all recognize my gamepad and let me use it.

I tried using x360ce, running it out of PPSSPP's folder, and the config utility for x360ce recognizes my gamepad and created the files automatically, but PPSSPP still doesn't recognize it, even when I force XInput and try to configure the gamepad manually.

If it's a compatibility issue and not just me screwing something up, is there anything I can do to help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: NexxTech USB Adapter with PSOne gamepad
Maybe you can try Xpadder, I made a tutorial here if you want Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
That doesn't work either. I can configure a profile in xpadder and save the profile, but when I leave xpadder open and start ppsspp, there's no feedback from the emulator when I press a button. I can't configure the gamepad, use it for games, nothing.
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 11:44 AM by vnctdj.)
(07-04-2013 11:12 AM)Milkman Dan Wrote:  That doesn't work either. I can configure a profile in xpadder and save the profile, but when I leave xpadder open and start ppsspp, there's no feedback from the emulator when I press a button. I can't configure the gamepad, use it for games, nothing.

Maybe it's because you use the latest builds available here ?
Since v0.8.1-258-gc01a69d, there is a problem which break the controls...

You should use an older build for the moment Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
(07-04-2013 11:44 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:12 AM)Milkman Dan Wrote:  That doesn't work either. I can configure a profile in xpadder and save the profile, but when I leave xpadder open and start ppsspp, there's no feedback from the emulator when I press a button. I can't configure the gamepad, use it for games, nothing.

Maybe it's because you use the latest builds available here ?
Since v0.8.1-258-gc01a69d, there is a problem which break the controls...

You should use an older build for the moment Smile

Actually what I did was use the "main" build with x360ce and xpadder. Back when I was still trying to get my gamepad to work, I did try v0.8.1-222-gd43b9ca, which was the latest build available at the time, but that did not work either. I haven't tried the latest builds since then.
07-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I tried one more thing. I downloaded 0.7.6 instead from the download page, and set up x360ce. While I couldn't map the buttons in the config screen, my gamepad worked in-game as per the x360ce settings. So I guess as mentioned in other threads and this, something broke in one of the builds, and I probably wasn't doing something wrong as I feared.