Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
ppsspp on the xperia play?
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
ppsspp on the xperia play?
I just tried playing corpse party on my xperia play and the emulator froze (which is understandable seeing how early in development this is) but I was wondering if anyone had plans to make the emulator more friendly to custom controls or the controls of the xperia play. I noticed even in browsing the menus that the d-pad did not allow me to browse through the list showing a lack of support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: ppsspp on the xperia play?
(11-09-2012 03:23 PM)kouta-kun Wrote:  I just tried playing corpse party on my xperia play and the emulator froze (which is understandable seeing how early in development this is) but I was wondering if anyone had plans to make the emulator more friendly to custom controls or the controls of the xperia play. I noticed even in browsing the menus that the d-pad did not allow me to browse through the list showing a lack of support.
come after 2 years and maybe you see Xperia play supportSmile
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
(11-09-2012 04:17 PM)drgci Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 03:23 PM)kouta-kun Wrote:  I just tried playing corpse party on my xperia play and the emulator froze (which is understandable seeing how early in development this is) but I was wondering if anyone had plans to make the emulator more friendly to custom controls or the controls of the xperia play. I noticed even in browsing the menus that the d-pad did not allow me to browse through the list showing a lack of support.
come after 2 years and maybe you see Xperia play supportSmile

Did dolphin take that long to be playable? I got dolphin about a year or two ago and most things worked for me.
11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
(11-09-2012 10:03 PM)kouta-kun Wrote:  Did dolphin take that long to be playable? I got dolphin about a year or two ago and most things worked for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_%28emulator%29

well... I guess you can read that page and find the answer by yourself....

damn... why people think that emulating complete different system is easy....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 02:59 AM by kouta-kun.)
(11-09-2012 11:15 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 10:03 PM)kouta-kun Wrote:  Did dolphin take that long to be playable? I got dolphin about a year or two ago and most things worked for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_%28emulator%29

well... I guess you can read that page and find the answer by yourself....

damn... why people think that emulating complete different system is easy....

Despite the fact that Psp came out after Gamecube I assumed that because of psp seeming to be less graphically intense than gamecube it would be easier to reverse engineer. Also did not realise dolphin was that old, however it didn't become open source until 2008 so my time frame isn't that off.
11-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Well you are right... But if I'm right, emulating the psp is much more complicate then the gamecube, because... Well I dont remember why.... ahah I think it's because of the wierd interaction between the media engine and the cpu of the psp... This is also why the psp should be more easily emulated on androphone with more then 1 core
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 07:03 AM
(11-10-2012 04:40 AM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  Well you are right... But if I'm right, emulating the psp is much more complicate then the gamecube, because... Well I dont remember why.... ahah I think it's because of the wierd interaction between the media engine and the cpu of the psp... This is also why the psp should be more easily emulated on androphone with more then 1 core

...I really got to get around to learning a skill set that would be useful on this project... but thanks for the info.
12-24-2012, 04:25 AM
for i think 3 dollars you can buy game keyboard which, with a rooted phone will translate your keypad presses into on screen button presses
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mekeyboard