Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
07-10-2013, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 02:24 PM by Danyal Zia.)
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
(07-10-2013 05:07 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  Oh lord, why didn't you mention you were on Windows 7 with that X800 card lol.

I would've told you to go straight back to Windows XP, since AMD's OGL drivers got even worse in Windows 7 for older cards.

AMD/ATI's Win XP OGL drivers are much, much more mature and faster than their current 7 implementation which is much more slower and bloated in comparison.
Windows 7 runs fine on X800 with no affect on performance of Directx9 applications, But yes, OGL drivers sucks in Windows 7 for older cards lol. I'm currently using Catalyst 10.2 for Windows XP. Do you think rolling back to the drivers of 2005 (when the card manufactured) might help? Also, does replacing atioglxx.dll from the newer drivers for newer chips with atioglxx.dll of older drivers for older chips works? I remember you mentioned that Catalyst 11.1 is best for performance.

(07-10-2013 07:17 AM)Ritori Wrote:  Is there link for that tutorial Big Grin (if don't has yet can you make simple. i cant understand most of it what is cmdline? (is this provide in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010?? ) ot it same as cmd.exe?

Sorry if i ask alot Undecided
First download the latest stable release from the following:
http://git-scm.com/downloads

After installing it, you'll find Git Bash in your folder where you have installed it or you'll find it from programs of your start menu as well.

Run Git Bash and follow the instructions of solarmystic. Hope it will help. Let me know if you still having trouble with it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards - Danyal Zia - 07-10-2013 02:05 PM