Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Moga d-pad doesn't work
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 06:49 PM by RKane.)
Moga d-pad doesn't work
As the title suggests. Moga d-pad does not work. All other buttons do. Analog works, start, select, shoulder buttons, x,o,triangle,square all work

dpad is the only thing that fails.

I am on xperia z and am using moga mode b / mode a with universal app.

I have both pivot and universal apps installed - and I am struggling to figure out what abshat0x etc mean, (in the dpad section of the universal app).

Any help?

Also - Why can you not just add a key mapping feature? - If you check out fpse - it allows a very simple option to do so. This would also make it very nice for people with keyboards too so you'd be catering for everyone with this feature instead of having to try to make everything compatible...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Moga d-pad doesn't work
bump bump bump
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!
07-08-2013, 06:35 PM
I can't get the d pad working either. Everything else is perfect. Please help. Why no key mapping?
07-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Hm, it should be possible to manually map the DPad in the control settings (Settings - Controls - Key Mapping). Did you try that?
09-26-2013, 08:33 AM
(07-08-2013 06:43 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Hm, it should be possible to manually map the DPad in the control settings (Settings - Controls - Key Mapping). Did you try that?
I tried Mode B, and the default setup worked for every button except the d-pad and right analog (not like you can use it anyway).

And the remapping option, at least for the android version, registered any button besides those that worked as an up button. Maybe there's a bug with just the d-pad?
09-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I now added native Moga support. I don't have a Moga Pro though, can you test the dpad for me?

(The standard moga connection app is enough, don't use any special ones).
09-26-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 06:45 PM by thedicemaster.)
latest buildbot gives no d-pad controls through the d-pad.
the right analog does work for d-pad.

edit: pre-edit result was with the pivot app(official/modeA).

d-pad does work for me in hid mode(modeB), but then the control config starts receiving a phantom keypress(i posted this as an issue in gihub)
all controls work as they should for me using the universal driver app(unofficial/modeA).
09-26-2013, 08:18 PM
can you config the d-pad at all with the standard moga app thing, or is it just dead?
09-27-2013, 06:58 AM
no response at all with pivot.
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
you could use usb/bt joystick center as temporarily workaround as universal driver is very buggy and not stable.

Henrik, I'll try later native support with moga pocket, I'll report in this thread, pocket doesn't have A/B mode so it's all up to pivot.
09-28-2013, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 07:40 PM by Duplicated.)
(09-26-2013 11:27 AM)Henrik Wrote:  I now added native Moga support. I don't have a Moga Pro though, can you test the dpad for me?

(The standard moga connection app is enough, don't use any special ones).
Were you referring to some sort of developmental build for ppsspp here? I don't know how to access one for Android and can only test the latest version you have in the Play Store (0.9.1).

Edit: About the standard moga app thing (pivot), there aren't any option to remap your buttons at all.
09-28-2013, 08:09 PM
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
here you can find the latest versions for android, and windows 32/64bit.
they're automated builds based on the latest untested changes, so it can occasionally happen that a build from that page contains a serious bug.
09-28-2013, 08:53 PM
They're generally pretty safe to use, but you're right, they can from time to time have serious new bugs introduced. They're usually fixed pretty quickly, though.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
When I first used my Moga Pro Controller on B/HID mode (only pivot app, not universal), it recognized everything except the d-pad until I unchecked "on-screen touch controls," then it recognized the d-pad no problem.