Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Valkyria Chronicles II
11-23-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles II
(11-09-2013 11:03 PM)WarPig262 Wrote:  Ok, so I downloaded the save file from Game FAQ to get the password characters, but what I want to know if I delete all the saves from the loading area to free up all the slots, do I still keep the password characters?

You've probably figured this out by now, but yes you can delete the 3 save slots and will keep the unlocked stuff as that is part of the game data save.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 02:08 PM by Arcitens.)
Valkyria Chronicles 2
First of all, thanks for making a great emulator with a Linux version.

Unfortunately, Valkyria Chronicles 2 does not work on the Linux version. It is essentiall only creating corrupted saves, which makes the game unplayable (even with save states) because you need to create a save file before you can actually start a new game. When you first run the game it asks you to create a new save file, I did. Then when I try to play a new game it says the save file is corrupted and asks if I want to delete it. I do, it creates another save file, which is also corrupted. And so the cycle goes.

The game appears to run fine on the Android version on my Galaxy S3 (aside from being painfully slow because it's a mobile device), but it would be great to get this working on the Linux version as well. Not sure if similar problems occur on Windows or not.

Title: Valkyria Chronciles 2
Genre: Turn-based strategy
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: v0.9.5.-213-g2fe898c
Game ID: ULUS10515
Compatibility: Can launch game and watch intro clip, but nothing else.
11-28-2013, 08:40 PM
(11-28-2013 02:02 PM)Arcitens Wrote:  First of all, thanks for making a great emulator with a Linux version.

Unfortunately, Valkyria Chronicles 2 does not work on the Linux version. It is essentiall only creating corrupted saves, which makes the game unplayable (even with save states) because you need to create a save file before you can actually start a new game. When you first run the game it asks you to create a new save file, I did. Then when I try to play a new game it says the save file is corrupted and asks if I want to delete it. I do, it creates another save file, which is also corrupted. And so the cycle goes.

The game appears to run fine on the Android version on my Galaxy S3 (aside from being painfully slow because it's a mobile device), but it would be great to get this working on the Linux version as well. Not sure if similar problems occur on Windows or not.

Merged in the appropriate thread.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-29-2013, 04:21 AM
(11-28-2013 02:02 PM)Arcitens Wrote:  First of all, thanks for making a great emulator with a Linux version.

Hi, I'm using an iso of the same disc with PPSSPP git (v0.9.5-738-g74ecdc6) and it saves and loads just fine.

Kubuntu 13.10
default filesystem settings, ext4

What filesystem are you using? Do you always run it logged in as the same user (never sudo)?
11-29-2013, 03:26 PM
(11-29-2013 04:21 AM)KentuckyCompass Wrote:  Hi, I'm using an iso of the same disc with PPSSPP git (v0.9.5-738-g74ecdc6) and it saves and loads just fine.

Kubuntu 13.10
default filesystem settings, ext4

What filesystem are you using? Do you always run it logged in as the same user (never sudo)?

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 with ext4. Always run it as a regular user, never sudo. I tried downloading save files from GameFAQs and putting them in the appropriate subdirectory in ~/.ppsspp/SAVEDATA and it said those save files were corrupted too. (So is it corrupting them as it tries to load them?)
11-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Have you tried resetting your settings to defaults?

Try using the latest git build, since it now uses ~/.config/ppsspp/ to conform to some standard. If it works, then maybe you have some setting changed that's causing this. It should also be a brand new dir with no permission issues.

-[Unknown]
11-29-2013, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 05:01 PM by Arcitens.)
(11-29-2013 03:34 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Have you tried resetting your settings to defaults?

Try using the latest git build, since it now uses ~/.config/ppsspp/ to conform to some standard. If it works, then maybe you have some setting changed that's causing this. It should also be a brand new dir with no permission issues.

-[Unknown]

I looked at the Github page but I can't really figure out what to do there. I did reset my settings to default though and the same problem re-occurred. EDIT: I'm now reading through the build instructions and will try to go through it. Smile

EDIT 2: Can't use the latest Github version: "CMake 2.8.8 or higher is required. You are running version 2.8.7" I guess 2.8.8 isn't released for 12.04.

Also, not related, but I was wrong about it playing well on my Galaxy S3. It freezes about 4 seconds in to any video cutscene or dialogue scene and the controls become inoperable. More concerned about the Ubuntu version though.
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
(11-29-2013 04:34 PM)Arcitens Wrote:  EDIT 2: Can't use the latest Github version: "CMake 2.8.8 or higher is required. You are running version 2.8.7" I guess 2.8.8 isn't released for 12.04.

Any chance of getting a 32-bit .deb of the latest version so I can test if that fixes the issue?
12-13-2013, 09:39 AM
It runs runs perfectly on Android 4.3 with v0.9.6 - fixed the speed and crashing issues.

Can't test it out on Ubuntu 12.04 since the Karenbuildbot version isn't up yet.
12-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Ok, just tested with the new .9.6.20 Karenbuildbot version on Ubuntu 12.04. The savedata is now going in ~/.config/ppsspp/PSP/SAVEDATA but I'm still getting the same "Save data is corrupted" issue.
12-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Have you tried running it through wine? I think you need to install wine1.6 though (from the wine site or maybe some ppa.)

Mostly wondering if it will give you the same error.

Also, if you start over with brand new savedata/settings, nothing changes, right?

-[Unknown]
12-27-2013, 01:12 AM
is this game working any better with the latest svns? Reading through some of this topic, looks like it corrupts save data on a regular basis. Do save states make it playable since saves continually become corrupt?
12-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Saves work just fine. Savestates also, I think, although not if you use DLC.

-[Unknown]
12-27-2013, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 08:43 AM by rmcin329.)
any particular reccomended settings for running the game, or does it not matter? I also see a post above mention freezes, is that still a problem with this game?
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Setting, all I know is to turn off the fast memory

also DLC weapon bug is still there
Game to be stuck during RE-DEPLOYMENT OF A UNIT WITH DLC WEAPON, other units with regular weapons are fine to deploy

thats the problem I only have with the game

My PC Specs

Intel Quad 6600
Nvidia GTX 280
4GB ram
Win 7 x64