Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Valkyria Chronicles II
10-10-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles II
That's it! I had partly remapped the buttons, but had left those two the same. So it was Z. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get sound. Thanks for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2013, 01:09 AM
any idea how to use DLC on ppsspp? thanks
10-14-2013, 05:03 PM
(10-14-2013 01:09 AM)cross14 Wrote:  any idea how to use DLC on ppsspp? thanks

You should read this if about password extra stuff:-
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=433&page=4

if DLC put it in memstic/PSP/GAME(createityourself)/YougameID/here

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-14-2013, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2013 07:06 PM by jlperkins.)
Savestates issue (DLC related?)
Hey there, I'm new here, and I'm also having issues with savestates and "infinite loop" kind of freezings.

It works like this: I load a state into the middle of a mission, looking at the deployment map. I select a camp and try to deploy a unit, and that's it, the game "freezes" in the sense that it doesn't go further than that, it just gets stuck in that screen. The problem only happens when I try to deploy a unit from a base; selecting a unit that is already deployed doesn't cause any trouble.

Now, here's the interesting part: this issue only arises when I try to deploy CERTAIN units: trying to deploy units other than those doesn't cause any issue. After some testing, the only thing those units had in common is that they were ALL equipped with weapons that can only be obtained from DLC content. Removing those weapons apparently fixes the issue.

Any ideas, devs?
10-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Could possibly be this:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/4197

If after that shows "merged" (give it an hour after that for the build to show up) the latest build still doesn't work, savedata would be helpful to reproduce it.

-[Unknown]
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
(10-15-2013 04:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Could possibly be this:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/4197

If after that shows "merged" (give it an hour after that for the build to show up) the latest build still doesn't work, savedata would be helpful to reproduce it.

-[Unknown]

Got it.

Will download it right away (rev 1882, correct?) and check it tonight. I'll post results as soon as I can.

If it still has issues, I'll try uploading savedata, along with a list of the installed DLC's.
10-17-2013, 07:25 PM
after some testing...
Alright, update. Fix didn't solve the issue. I still managed to replicate it both on rev1882 and rev1915 (the latest at the time)

Also, I find myself unable to upload the savestates that would be useful for quickly checking the issue. The proxyserver I use appears to have some objection to file uploading.

Soooooo... here's a brief description on the situation.

On rev1882, I still managed to replicate the issue. Once I did that, I stopped testing.

On rev1915, I spent a bit more time playing around and found something that could be interesting (I made two separate savestates). It goes like this:

1- Savestate1 puts you right at the deployment map screen.
2- Characters A,B and C can be deployed. They are all armed with DLC-exclusive weapons. Also, characters A and B have two copies of the same weapon.
3- Trying to deploy A or B results in a freeze. However, C can be deployed with no ill effects.
4- If C (and ONLY C) is deployed, then in the next turn A or B can be deployed without triggering a freeze. WTF?

Now for savestate2:

1- Savestate2 puts you right at the deployment map screen.
2- Again, characters A,B and C can be deployed. Still armed with the same weapons as described before
3- Now, A or B are deployable without freezing the game. Conversely, trying to deploy C results in a freeze.
4- If either A or B is deployed (and ONLY one of them), then in the next turn C can be deployed without triggering a freeze. Once again, WTF?

Hope this helps.
10-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Hmm, I don't have any DLC.
Though savesate seems working to me. I just finished one of april mission using latest v0.9.1-1949-windows-x86.
I do have issue with savestate on past version, 0.9.1-1693-windows-x86, but no longer now.
10-18-2013, 05:00 PM
(10-18-2013 02:40 AM)valefor Wrote:  Hmm, I don't have any DLC.
Though savesate seems working to me. I just finished one of april mission using latest v0.9.1-1949-windows-x86.
I do have issue with savestate on past version, 0.9.1-1693-windows-x86, but no longer now.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. Savestates aren't an issue for me either UNLESS I'm loading a savestate that should also load DLC-related stuff into the emulator memory. My guess is that somehow saving a state fails to take into account some piece of memory, or that loading a state fails to load some other piece of memory. Or perhaps a function somewhere scrambles some piece of memory, I don't know. But IMHO, it's definitely DLC related.
10-18-2013, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2013 10:25 PM by valefor.)
(10-18-2013 05:00 PM)jlperkins Wrote:  That's not the point I'm trying to make. Savestates aren't an issue for me either UNLESS I'm loading a savestate that should also load DLC-related stuff into the emulator memory. My guess is that somehow saving a state fails to take into account some piece of memory, or that loading a state fails to load some other piece of memory. Or perhaps a function somewhere scrambles some piece of memory, I don't know. But IMHO, it's definitely DLC related.

yeah I know, I'm not addressing to your issue, just informing everyone that normal savestate without dlc is fine.
I got curious after reading your problem, I thought savestate got broken again in recent build. but it appears not.

regarding to your issue, perhaps you can test with past version, to know which version start having problem with dlc. I dont have dlc right now so I can't help much..
10-26-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 11:25 PM by mitul103.)
(10-18-2013 05:00 PM)jlperkins Wrote:  
(10-18-2013 02:40 AM)valefor Wrote:  Hmm, I don't have any DLC.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. Savestates aren't an issue for me either UNLESS I'm loading a savestate that should also load DLC-related stuff into the emulator memory. My guess is that somehow saving a state fails to take into account some piece of memory, or that loading a state fails to load some other piece of memory. Or perhaps a function somewhere scrambles some piece of memory, I don't know. But IMHO, it's definitely DLC related.

If you were to keep the debug log open when you make one of these problematic savestates you would see "FIXME: Open files during savestate, could go badly." Quite simply, loading a savestate does not restore open file handles at the time of the savestate creation and thus the game freezes when trying to deploy a character with a DLC weapon equipped (unless you have another character with that weapon equipped already deployed in which case the weapon is already in memory and it doesn't need to go out to disk). Note that this will affect any game when making savestates while accessing DLC content that lives on the memory stick.

The devs are aware of this problem because they have bothered to create this error message, but it's not something that they have gotten around to fixing yet. You can see the code in DirectoryFileSystem::DoState method in https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...System.cpp
10-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Oh, that fixme. Yeah, that's trouble. Thanks for looking into the log.

-[Unknown]
10-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Hello All, I'm playing valkyria chronicles 2 with the ULUS10515's version.
I tried to get the extra characters trough password but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I followed the trick from Ritori but still doesn't work. Does it worked for one of you?
Should I try with the European version?
10-27-2013, 11:56 AM
(10-27-2013 11:05 AM)Onykan Wrote:  Hello All, I'm playing valkyria chronicles 2 with the ULUS10515's version.
I tried to get the extra characters trough password but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I followed the trick from Ritori but still doesn't work. Does it worked for one of you?
Should I try with the European version?

Use latest version from here :-
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

the at password Press L to change to English Full- width
put you password Big Grin

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-27-2013, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 03:33 PM by Onykan.)
It works Big Grin Thanks a lot