Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Valkyria Chronicles II
07-27-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles II
Interesting. Try resetting your settings to defaults - especially try reducing render resolution, and making sure you have "simulate block transfer" on and "disable slower effects" off. It may also be worth trying the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2015, 11:17 AM
hello? excuse me i have a question.

i am unable to confirm any of the Password for VC-2 from the psp, even with the bypasspasswordOK=true :/ i am using ppsspp v1.0. btw

save works fine though

any fix to this? tnx T_T
09-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Type it using the other keyboard with wider looking letters. You can switch using L/R if I remember.

-[Unknown]
09-30-2015, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 12:35 PM by Clementee.)
now it keeps saying "password Entry cancelled" even with bypassokwithKeyboard=True"..... T_T help?

nevermind...tnx for what you said, i just realise something if i press "V" which is select on my configuration with the "english full width" on the psp keyboard, it works. no need to use bypasskeyboard=true. :/ i dont know i can make it capslocked with using shift lol

tnx anyway err unknown Smile
10-13-2015, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 04:04 PM by vnctdj.)
Hi there,I've just started using emulators this week,and have been having plenty of fun.
However I have run into an issue with the Valkyria Chronicles 2.
I try running it through ppsspp and it keeps telling me the game is compressed,and needs extracting despite me already extracting the files.
When I look into the folder for the game, all I have are a bunch of win-rar archive files called [Censored].
As stated early I just started emulating,so I have no idea what I can do to remedy this problem,if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
10-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Has anyone managed to get Ad-Hoc multiplayer to work for this game? I tried setting up a game lobby and my friend can not see the lobby. I have gotten the settings to work for both of us in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and the Ad-Hoc list shows this game as working so I am not sure what my problem is.
10-16-2015, 11:55 PM
hi everyone. I once played VC2 and now just starting 3 with the translation. works well but theres a bit of a graphics glitch and whilst i can ignore it its sometimes a little frustrating when I see other people play it and have clean graphical textures.

My problem is I'm having borders around 2D objects like tree branches, grass, hair, flowers etc. There is a solid colour border around them. So characters with fringes or bangs will literally cover their faces with a solid colour.

Using:
i7 2600K
16GB RAM
Win7
Asus 780 (3GB)

I have tried changing almost every setting such as texture upscaling, filtering, resolutions, buffering but I still keep getting them borders. Its really frustrating cause I love the game.

Does anyone have a slight idea why im getting this or does my gpu just think its normal lol
10-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Are you sure you don't have "disable alpha test" enabled?

-[Unknown]
10-17-2015, 06:46 AM
I just scrolled down and noticed it was ticked. Disabled it and the borders have gone. Urgh!!

I always kept thinking it was something to do with the textures not working with the resolution and filtering etc. Cant believe I played through VC II with those bloody borders. It reminds me when I once played GTA III on the PC and noticed the same glitch on trees and shadows lol

Thanks for pointing that out. Real tech adviser.
12-14-2015, 07:08 AM
(07-27-2015 04:52 AM)hevelc Wrote:  Hey there, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with the free PPSSPP v1.0.1.

The game runs fine up to the first battle screen's command mode. After I select a friendly soldier and switch to action mode, there is a black screen. I can see the ui with the minimap and move my character using the analog and d-pad and try to shoot the enemy, but I cannnot see anything.

(07-27-2015 05:42 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Interesting. Try resetting your settings to defaults - especially try reducing render resolution, and making sure you have "simulate block transfer" on and "disable slower effects" off. It may also be worth trying the latest git build.

-[Unknown]

I'm having the same issue with black textures. I'm running Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I downloaded ppsspp-v1.1.1-360-g2083f22-android and tried the settings you suggested, but still getting the same issue.

Any suggestions?
12-18-2015, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2015 12:10 AM by cakuyan.)
Hi there all

is it possible make codes for Avan only?
Infinite HP, AP and Actions for Avan only I mean.
The codes from Denslife 16 work for me (ppsspp build 1.1.1)
I tried to turn on the codes (inf hp, ap, actions for all characters) when playing avan and turning them off while playing other characters but it led to complications and too troublesome.

thanks in advance
Blush

--- EDIT ---
I found the code for Avan's HP (tested with PPSSPP build 1.1.1)
_C0 Inf Hp [Avan]
_L 0x1087BD30 0x000003E7

---EDIT 2 ---
I found the stat codes for Avan (not really sure, maybe Shoot Power, Accuracy and Defense) which make him godlike.
_L 0x2087BD54 0x2E320000
_L 0x2087BD58 0x2E322E32
_L 0x2087BD5C 0x2E322E32

---EDIT 3 ---
I found the code to make only Avan have infinite AP and actions in battle (through sheer luck and numerous irrelevant trials)
for AP
_L 0x4087BD34 0x00010000
_L 0x447A0000 0x00000000
for actions
_L 0x8087B945 0x00010000
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

hope it's useful for someone out there
03-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Anyone would know how to fix this skybox bug?

Happens in this area and another map in the game, prob the only visual bug I noticed through the whole game.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Which area is that? Can you upload a savestate nearby?

-[Unknown]
03-13-2016, 11:07 PM
(03-13-2016 08:48 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Which area is that? Can you upload a savestate nearby?

-[Unknown]

Happens in missions that take place in specific areas of "Anthold Aqueduct" and "Lanseal Academy."

For example in Lanseal Academy areas with problems are 2 and 3. 1 is fine.

mediafire.com/download/n90em4hkc7e3e43/PPSSPP_STATE.7z

State inside a mission in Lanseal Academy.
03-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Thanks. This is caused by depth clamping.

A workaround at the moment in the latest git builds is:
1. Switch to Direct3D 9.
2. Edit your ppsspp.ini file (in memstick/PSP/SYSTEM/) and find "HighQualityDepth". Change from True to False.

There are some git builds where this was working in OpenGL, but unfortunately there are lots of issues on mobile devices with depth accuracy, so it's been disabled for now. There might be other glitches in Direct3D 9 (OpenGL is generally better in PPSSPP), but I think it will be fine in this game.

Hopefully we'll find a proper solution in a future version.

-[Unknown]