Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
02-18-2016, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 05:54 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: MotorStorm Arctic Edge
(02-18-2016 05:46 PM)Nightquaker Wrote:  Nevermind. The overbloom is quite gamebreaking on some stages. I only checked and completed the first Wreckfest race, but the second one is just unplayable. Well, aside from overbloom, no visual glitches whatsoever, so still a great progress :3
Sorry about misinformation.

Oh, OK, I will move back, then Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2016, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 08:06 PM by Nightquaker.)
(02-18-2016 05:54 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(02-18-2016 05:46 PM)Nightquaker Wrote:  Nevermind. The overbloom is quite gamebreaking on some stages. I only checked and completed the first Wreckfest race, but the second one is just unplayable. Well, aside from overbloom, no visual glitches whatsoever, so still a great progress :3

Oh, OK, I will move back, then Smile

Thank you :3
I'm still very pleased with the compatibility progress of this game and quite excited to see it fully working. Overbloom and audio are pretty much the only issues left to fix.

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
02-21-2016, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 10:43 PM by FOPSP.)
I wouldn't say no visual glitches. There are definitely some like flickering textures.

For some reason this game is turning off the sound when playing some video's and when loading a level. I managed to turn it back on in the menu's, but forcing this can get the game to hang at the loading screen. Turning it on during a race doesn't help sadly.
04-20-2016, 06:45 PM
I tried this on Windows and i see no noticeable visual glitches, aside from the sound going missing during races. I tried this on Android, however. Everything glitches up. The menu contents (selections, icons) keep moving to the top left leaving trails behind. Same for the intro screens and some places in a race, where this time the whole screen heads that way leaving trails, making it unplayable. The missing sound exists on Android too.
04-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Nevermind it, unticking "Disable Slower Effects" fixes it. Only the sound is left! (Too bad it lags on my Android device :/ )
06-10-2016, 06:07 AM
I'm getting the sound issue as well. game works fine but the sound is my only problem.
11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
After 2 years with a sound problem is not solved. When you start playing the sound is present, but when I go into a race, he is lost (((
03-31-2017, 06:47 PM
is there no hope for this game?the in-game racing sound is gone..

such a shame though,this is one those psp game that push the console limit..
10-21-2017, 11:42 PM
How are any of you getting no graphic glitches? I've tried this game on many different versions of PPSSPP for Windows and it has flickering black patches under the cars in every single one of them for me. Plus no sound and the graphics being way too bright.
10-22-2017, 12:03 AM
(10-21-2017 11:42 PM)Rekrul Wrote:  How are any of you getting no graphic glitches? I've tried this game on many different versions of PPSSPP for Windows and it has flickering black patches under the cars in every single one of them for me. Plus no sound and the graphics being way too bright.

Hi, remember they commented back in Jan 2016, so obviously used a earlier build,
which must of worked better, but finding which it was that, started to show these graphic glitches again, i am unsure.
And would be near impossible now.
07-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Whats the current status of this game?
I'm still at the loading screen (UCES01250)
Tried changing the Emulated cpu to various settings, but still gets stuck there.
10-21-2018, 05:33 AM
(07-03-2018 10:59 PM)PEPEESEESEPEPE Wrote:  Whats the current status of this game?
I'm still at the loading screen (UCES01250)
Tried changing the Emulated cpu to various settings, but still gets stuck there.
For me, the game boots and works, but...

There's no sound at all during the race, all the cars have flickering black patches under them and all the graphics are way too bright. It's sort of playable, although the brightness does make it hard to see the track on some races plus the lack of sound and graphical glitches really detract from what would otherwise be a great game. Sad
11-11-2019, 08:33 AM
2019 Here
There's still flickering black textures under vehicles and Overbright but the sound problem seems to be resolved (at least for me)
I personnaly have some optimisation problems, with the game running at ~60% with 15 FPS with Low Graphics Settings

-PPSSPP 1.9.3
11-11-2019, 03:17 PM
(11-11-2019 08:33 AM)BixenteN7Akantor Wrote:  2019 Here
There's still flickering black textures under vehicles and Overbright but the sound problem seems to be resolved (at least for me)
I personnaly have some optimisation problems, with the game running at ~60% with 15 FPS with Low Graphics Settings

-PPSSPP 1.9.3

Since I made my last post in this thread, I've discovered that there are "cheats" you can apply which fix the sound, shadows and overbright problems.

It actually runs pretty good for me on my 2.4Ghz dual-core system. I'm using PPSSPP 1.8.0. I have an old system and can't run 1.9.x.
11-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Cool then, and where i can find those "cheats" ?