Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
11-12-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: MotorStorm Arctic Edge
(11-12-2019 04:54 AM)BixenteN7Akantor Wrote:  Cool then, and where i can find those "cheats" ?
I found then in this thread;

https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=22787

Since that thread doesn't include instructions for how to use the cheats, here's what you have to do;

First, run PPSSPP, go into the Settings, click on System on the left, scroll down and check Enable Cheats.

Next run your copy of Motorstorm, then quit the game.

Now, find your copy of PPSSPP's memstick directory.

If you downloaded a zipped copy and just unzipped it, it will be in the program's directory as;

memstick\PSP\

If you downloaded the installer, then it's probably in;

%userprofile%\My Documents\PPSSPP\PSP\

There should now be a new directory in there called Cheats and inside that should be an INI file with the game ID, such as UCES01250.ini for the European version. Open that file in a text editor (Notepad, etc) and paste in the cheats that you want to use. Make sure that you use the cheats that match your version of the game. Save the file.

Run Motorstorm again, press ESC to go back to the main menu and click on Cheats. You will be able to toggle individual cheats on/off.

Enjoy. Smile

Note that as long as cheats are enabled, PPSSPP will make a new, blank INI file in the cheats directory for every game that you run. This doesn't hurt anything, it can just make it kind of a pain when you're looking for a specific one to add new cheats. If you have a "Commander" type file manager, you can set it to show the file size in bytes, then sort by size and delete all the INI files that are only 4 bytes long. Those are all the blank placeholder files that PPSSPP creates and it will just recreate them next time you run the game. Leave any that are larger than 4 bytes as those are the ones with cheats in them. Unfortunately, I don't think you can do this with just Windows as it only shows the size in K, and some cheats are less than 1K in size.

Anyway, once you delete all the 4-byte files, run the game you want to add cheats for and PPSSPP will create a new, blank file for it. Since you deleted the others, it will be the only 4-byte file in the directory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Well, i wasn't expecting that much ! You made my day dude, many thanks.
Sadly the Performance Fix didn't optimized as much as i thought, i'm stuck between speed 60% and 80% with some 100% speed at some places and 60FPS Fix didn't worked.
But Overbloom and Shadows are Fixed !
Now that's up to me to test parameters/Change CPU/Wait Updates : )
11-14-2019, 10:40 PM
(11-12-2019 11:39 AM)BixenteN7Akantor Wrote:  Well, i wasn't expecting that much ! You made my day dude, many thanks.
Sadly the Performance Fix didn't optimized as much as i thought, i'm stuck between speed 60% and 80% with some 100% speed at some places and 60FPS Fix didn't worked.
But Overbloom and Shadows are Fixed !
Now that's up to me to test parameters/Change CPU/Wait Updates : )

You're welcome. Smile

I hope you get it working well for you.

Also, maybe try an older version of PPSSPP. like 1.2.2 or 1.3 (if you have them). I don't know if that will do anything or if they will even run the game with the fixes, but it's worth trying. I know that the Midnight Club games seem to be slower on the newer releases than they are on the older ones, so maybe some other games will run faster as well.

I mean it kind of makes sense that the more accurate they make the emulator, the more complex it becomes, which can make it slower in some cases. That's not to say that the authors are doing a bad job, it's just kind of the way things work out sometimes.
02-03-2021, 05:21 PM
I have problem with this game (Win7/64bit) where in-game graphics are just black and I can only see the text. Any idea how to fix this?
02-06-2021, 04:58 PM
Try reducing render resolution or texture upscaling settings to start.

-[Unknown]
03-02-2021, 01:02 PM
anyone know how to fix this issue with the boost meter looking all screwed up.
have tried with and without the shadow fix as thought it might be related

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-15-2021, 09:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to the zip files for the overbloom fix and the "black polygons for shadows" fix? TIA