Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Control problems in Medievil Resurrection/Various other issues
06-24-2013, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 08:26 PM by Lerianis.)
Control problems in Medievil Resurrection/Various other issues
Okay, I am having strange control problems in Medievil Resurrection. I am using a F710 Logitech controller (basically a XBox 360 controller made by Logitech) as my control apparatus.

For some reason in this game, the digital stick doesn't work correctly. I have to nearly tilt the stick the whole way to get even a response to walk and at the 4 corners of the stick, Dan only walks. He won't run diagonally.

I had/have this same issue on ePSXe, PCSX and PCSX2 with some games and the only solution is to put in an 'adjust deadzone' control in the settings or use a controller plugin that supports adjusting deadzones.

Does PPSSPP have one of those controls or can I add a plug-in to adjust the deadzone?

Strange thing is that Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Kingdom Hearts BBS do NOT have this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Control problems in Medievil Resurrection
Okay, I have to expand this as well. On the .8 version of PPSSPP, the "Hall of Heroes" just renders as a black void where you cannot tell what you are doing at all.
06-24-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Control problems in Medievil Resurrection/Various other issues
Definitely sounds like a dead zone problem to me. If you don't have the Logitech F710 drivers, get them here and see if there's a way to change dead zones.

If not, I think you can calibrate your gamepad by going to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers.
06-24-2013, 11:29 PM
there is no need for the drivers to use that control with this emulator

just configure the physical switch on the pad to X(Xinput) and select that in the controls settings.
06-24-2013, 11:36 PM
(06-24-2013 11:29 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  there is no need for the drivers to use that control with this emulator

just configure the physical switch on the pad to X(Xinput) and select that in the controls settings.

You misunderstood. I am using the Xinput configuration built-into PPSSPP to play the game with that controller and it has a 'dead zone' issue as CrimsonFangX said.

The problem is that the controller IS correctly calibrated, I have checked it 10 times now with various applications. It's correctly calibrated. However, just like the Ape Escape issue in ePSXe and PCSX Reloaded, you need a 'game-by-game' deadzone configuration functionality to get the left stick to work properly.

It doesn't matter if I even re-map the movement stick functionality to the right-stick, the controls are still messed up because for some reason the dead-zone settings are different in Medievil Resurrection.

I'm honestly beginning to get the sneaking suspicion that this is DRM by another name. An attempt to make people buy an actual PSP because there are these 'game-to-game' differing ways to implement the same functionality.