Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPPSDL (Linux)
06-23-2013, 06:12 PM
PPSSPPSDL (Linux)
I was building PPSSPP since a month or two, and a few weeks ago Videos start working Smile; the problem is that now (recent builds) the videos are not working anymore O_o, I already compile the last ffmpge Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: PPSSPPSDL (Linux)
Thanks for reporting, this has been reported by mvdan as well, who is investigating. I have no idea what the problem might be yet.
06-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Sure, no problem, also the games are running pretty good, like Persona 3, now it's playable Smile, here it's a screen of the error I got when a movie should play in the game Sad

[Image: 8zt.th.png]
[Image: 3dx.th.png]
06-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Sorry, it was using the system ffmpeg and it was changed to use the compiled ffmpeg instead because the system ffmpeg isn't compatible on newer distros.

The compiled ffmpeg isn't working though.
Not sure on the proper solution.
06-24-2013, 06:58 AM
solution is to flame upstream (ie, the distro's)
06-25-2013, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 04:01 AM by Butz_san.)
(06-24-2013 04:36 AM)xsacha Wrote:  Sorry, it was using the system ffmpeg and it was changed to use the compiled ffmpeg instead because the system ffmpeg isn't compatible on newer distros.

The compiled ffmpeg isn't working though.
Not sure on the proper solution.

Ok, I compile revision 0.8.-54-gf797932 and the videos start to work again, but after a few seconds they freeze (The videos, not the game O_O), is it normal?

Edit: The videos are working in other games(like Star Ocean), I think there are some games not fully compatible yet with the way that PPSSPPSDL handles the video rendering Tongue
06-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Good news, the videos are working like they should in Linux (Debian Jessie with Kernel 3.9/ NVIDIA video Card). Problem is solved in all the games that I've tried Big Grin. Thanks Smile
06-30-2013, 03:03 PM
thanks Smile possible to upload them ? and any instruction on how to install ?