Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
0.8 released!
06-24-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: 0.8 released!
ahaha.. just read that... it hardly makes any sense lol..
yep, I also use frameskipp.

S TO DA G
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
(06-24-2013 11:20 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 10:48 AM)turkamir Wrote:  Thank you for your great job but even in this version(0.8) graphically problem for PowerVR 540 haven't solved. please work on it too.
in the below image you can see it.

On version 0.76-151 there is NO problem and after that version problems began.

The problem, as has been explained is the drivers of these gpus in your current phone, install a third party rom with an updated driver and it will be fixed, or wait for your manufacturer to update it in a stock rom

I don't think it's a driver issue, I had stock 2.3.5, now I have CM9 (ICS) but the texture problem persists. I know that the latest pover vr GPUs don't have this problem, but perhaps it's because the newer architecture.

P.S. For me the latest working version is 0.7.6-460 if I'm not mistaken

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice update.

Still a bit sad that no Tony Hawk game is working yet...
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
(06-24-2013 01:39 PM)stodag Wrote:  ahaha.. just read that... it hardly makes any sense lol..
yep, I also use frameskipp.

English is not my native language, but I understood what you had written.
I myself didn't believe that I would be able to play PSP games on a decent speed on a device that now is considered low-end, so thanks very much to the devs, for creating it and making it run in hardware mode unlike other emus.

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
great jobs,henrik and the team.

thanks very much ^^
06-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Can't find "show fps" option in 0.8 gold, is it there?
06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
(06-24-2013 04:23 PM)zxcvbad Wrote:  Can't find "show fps" option in 0.8 gold, is it there?

You need go in the graphic settings to next page and enable show vps/fps.
06-24-2013, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 07:46 PM by AnimalBear.)
-1 for this 0.8 version.
I was expected better then this.
Out of the fórum people agreed, is not about we don´t like it at all, is because a few games works good in the older 20 SVN versions,
and now we recieve a 0.8 is more like a BIG Beta.
It's my opinion.
I respect you Henrik and i know is very difficult to emulate this games.
Good luck for 0.9 version, that's all i can say.
Cheers. Smile
06-24-2013, 08:24 PM
You have it all wrong AnimalBear, you are comparing svn versions with official releases.

Look at it this way, the official 0.8 release is better than the official 0.7.6 release.

Don't compare it to random svn versions because sometimes they "might" be better but in the next svn version something else might break, that's the nature of the beast, you fix something, you break something else.

Now, since i like PPSSPP and imho is a lot better than jpcsp i will defend this emulator against trolls, but hey, at least you hate jpcsp too so we have something in common there.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Why hate ether one? Did they do something to you?
06-24-2013, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 09:24 PM by stodag.)
imho.. henrik and his team have exeeded my expectations.. I'm more than happy with the progress as will henrik be. All I can say is if your not happy.. fix it yourself.. it is open source afterall.

Also making changes to code will conflict speed with compatibilty etc.. that's the nature of the beast.. Knowone said it would be perfect so soon, so be happy theyr even workin on this day in day out.

If someone asked me a few months back and ask if I would be happy with this as it is now.. I would of bit your hands off.lol

Good Job devs.
06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
(06-24-2013 08:42 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  Why hate ether one? Did they do something to you?

Because in my opinion java is a bad choice for programming an emulator, it's slow, clunky and feels heavy. And on top of that java run over my dog.

But what i hate the most is people thinking that java is actually better than C/C++ for emulators and some of them always bring the retort saying that jpcsp have better compatibility than any other emulator coded in another programming language because java is actually "better", which is dumb, java have nothing to do with it, jpcsp have better compatibility because it have 5 years in development and nothing else.

Anyway, this has gotten way of topic so let me stop here, i don't want to bring a flamewar in here.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
06-24-2013, 10:03 PM
*cough make your own version* Anyway i gon new version but games on my phone load really slowly S4 atm and idk what to think now :/

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
06-25-2013, 06:43 AM
If you're trying git builds, don't bother with the official point releases. They are just snapshots of git and you shouldn't expect more from them, there's no secret development going on in the background.

Sorry you're disappointed but doing a project like this is very, very hard and we are achieving great progress. Come on, which other emulator was this good at barely 8 months old?

And don't hate on JPCSP. It's the author's choice to develop in Java and they did achieve working PSP emulation first, which is a huge feat, and PPSSPP has been helped by the availability of JPCSP source code in many ways.
06-25-2013, 07:06 AM
btw,some of my games run at 50-60 vps without frameskip in build 0.7.5 which is long ago,now on 0.7.6,0.8 it run at 40-55 vps and has to use frameskip which make the screen blinking,i think older build got speed better than new one,but I could'nt stay on older build forever,i know many thing have been added but somehow older build make me jealoes of it,can't we make ppsspp installed as seperate build?,also sometimes older ppsspp vps is really satisfying,i wonder the lost speed could be back in newer build.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user