Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
02-21-2013, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 09:50 AM by Carter07.)
RE: [v0.4] Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
(02-21-2013 08:49 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 01:34 PM)Carter07 Wrote:  I tried doing a savestate but emu crashes and the generated file is 0kb..

This was on Windows and a recent git build? Darn. Any chance you can try to get a stack trace for the crash?

-[Unknown]

Hi, it was in windows with yesterday's build.
I never did savestates in windows until now but I found pausing the game does not make ppsspp crash when doing a savestate.

How can I make a stack trace?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
(02-21-2013 09:17 AM)Henrik Wrote:  For me it crashes a lot too making savestates. Need to look into it.

Can u make game boots faster? On my PC i need to use save state to enter main menu.. I tried to boot game without save states but it's always black screen.. I tried to press buttons, and i waited about 20 minutes and nothing happened, still black screen.. I tried to hold TAB too, but still black screen. Sad

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a bad rip. I'd redump the UMD.
02-22-2013, 12:54 AM
(02-21-2013 09:17 AM)Henrik Wrote:  For me it crashes a lot too making savestates. Need to look into it.

A lot in this game or a lot in general? Sucks if it's only working for me...

(02-21-2013 09:48 AM)Carter07 Wrote:  Hi, it was in windows with yesterday's build.
I never did savestates in windows until now but I found pausing the game does not make ppsspp crash when doing a savestate.

How can I make a stack trace?

If you compile and run it from Visual Studio (hit F5), when it crashes you should see something like this (on the right side, probably):

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/images/Stack_trace.jpg

If possible, getting it to crash in a debug build is better, since the stack trace will be more accurate and skip less things.

I'm not sure what would cause problems when saving savestates, but looking harder now, this might cause crashes when loading them:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...S.cpp#L112

If Core::Advance() is called from a syscall, instead of from the Asm runloop, it might end up returning into cleared cache (breakpoints) without any way to get back to the runloop. Theoretically, this includes __KernelIdle() and sceDisplayGetVcount(), which aside from running out of cycles would be the main way to get to Core::Advance(). But then I wonder how come they've worked for me...

But that should not affect creating savestates, so it's probably some other bug.

-[Unknown]
02-22-2013, 01:50 AM
I have problem with savestates too now, generaly, not just this game. Hmm...
02-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Going to try a pull for a potential fix based on my assumptions (although i was wrong about CoreTiming::Idle, duh, I swear I saw it in a stacktrace...)

-[Unknown]
02-23-2013, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 09:31 AM by Carter07.)
(02-21-2013 08:49 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 01:34 PM)Carter07 Wrote:  I tried doing a savestate but emu crashes and the generated file is 0kb..

This was on Windows and a recent git build? Darn. Any chance you can try to get a stack trace for the crash?

-[Unknown]

Just tried doing a savestate with the last build, see attached images.
Hope they are what you are looking for, I made them with a debug build.

Ps: if I pause the game before doing savestates they works.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Wow, in the texture cache. That's interesting. When notifying that a framebuffer was destroyed...

Yes, that's very helpful. Thanks.

-[Unknown]
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Any improvements in latest builds? I can't test game because i can't pass black screen (when i load rom, i have black screen).. I can't see intro or nothing else. I need savestate. Would someone be kind to give me savestate for latest git (1069) or atleast for 1062? Tnx in advance.
P.S. I hope soon i will be able to enter game without save state. At this point, i see only black screen. I can't see namco logo or anything else. Also i don't hear any sound when i have black screen.

PC Specs:

03-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Will anyone give me save state for latest git? Tnx in advance.

PC Specs:

03-14-2013, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 06:43 PM by srdjan1995.)
RE: Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
I finaly made this game to run without need for savestates. Big Grin I tried japanese version of this game (narutimate accel 3) and it works fantastic. It boots fast, and it works fine. There is sound, but it's not perfect, there is no videos, and characters are broken in story mode (u see two naruto's, and same thing with enemies). It works perfect in vs cpu mode or arcade (whatever it's called)... I think this can be moved to ingame, until characters in story mode are fixed, and then it can be moved to playable. I will have to try USA version (i think it's USA, or maybe it's EU).. I will try it and let u all know does it work for me now.

PC Specs:

03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
(03-14-2013 06:12 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:  I finaly made this game to run without need for savestates. Big Grin I tried japanese version of this game (narutimate accel 3) and it works fantastic. It boots fast, and it works fine. There is sound, but it's not perfect, there is no videos, and characters are broken in story mode (u see two naruto's, and same thing with enemies). It works perfect in vs cpu mode or arcade (whatever it's called)... I think this can be moved to ingame, until characters in story mode are fixed, and then it can be moved to playable. I will have to try USA version (i think it's USA, or maybe it's EU).. I will try it and let u all know does it work for me now.
I think it's a rounding issue. The game is playable, you can finish it without any real serious bug, that visual problem is not game breaking.
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
(03-15-2013 03:31 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 06:12 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:  I finaly made this game to run without need for savestates. Big Grin I tried japanese version of this game (narutimate accel 3) and it works fantastic. It boots fast, and it works fine. There is sound, but it's not perfect, there is no videos, and characters are broken in story mode (u see two naruto's, and same thing with enemies). It works perfect in vs cpu mode or arcade (whatever it's called)... I think this can be moved to ingame, until characters in story mode are fixed, and then it can be moved to playable. I will have to try USA version (i think it's USA, or maybe it's EU).. I will try it and let u all know does it work for me now.
I think it's a rounding issue. The game is playable, you can finish it without any real serious bug, that visual problem is not game breaking.

I don't know what is causing visual problem, but it's not interesting to play story mode with it. Also, i don't know why japanese version works fine for me, and english one doesn't. I can't even boot english one. All i see when i open rom is black screen. Can't see intro, main menu or anything.

PC Specs:

03-27-2013, 04:52 AM
is this game have been fixed on latest build 0.7-xxx???
04-07-2013, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 02:14 PM by aki21.)
after a few talk with @srdjan1995 i think this games is playable(i think)it not the europe version but usa(ulus10518) that work,the black screen maybe couse you use europe version,see my videos at gameplay videos thread.it just the text that mess up,other ok.dev can move this to playable,or if you not sure test it yourself,since i dont fully playing it.

on the other hand i use window(50-60fps),in android my brother says it slow.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user