Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles US
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 05:22 PM by CobraSA.)
RE: Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles US
(01-08-2014 03:03 AM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 12:46 PM)CobraSA Wrote:  there is still some issues remaining, on sotn at least, emu will freeze at the end of any streamed cut-scene, for example in sotn, at the end of the opening konami logo stream, or at the end of the first stream when you start a new game, it's possible to skip these cut-scenes though so the bonus game remains playable, however there might be some unskippable streams later in the game, not sure.

I beat the game without having many problems. As you said, the game hangs after a cutscene tries to finish but you can just skip them.

still worth reporting to devs for a fix, that may not be critical in this title but it could be critical in other titles, if you have a github account, could you file a report? TIA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 08:22 PM by appollo147.)
I'm new to PSSPP and I am experiencing an unusual graphics problem with Dracula X, I will post a screenshot down below. The game runs beautifully until I go into the castle on the second stage and that's when the problem starts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: 2ywct1u.jpg]
03-13-2014, 03:36 AM
May be the wrong section for this, but I have DXC working pretty well on my iPhone except for where saves are concerned. I ported over my PSP save and have been using that, but it keeps asking me to delete my save and says there isn't enough space to save even though I have plenty of space. I'm using 9.7-186xxxxxx which works better than the newer builds. Any ideas on how to get around this?
03-30-2014, 06:31 AM
Boss Rush Mode crashes immediately upon boot!

Running the 0.98 build available for download on the main page. Only changes I made were 5x native resolution and vsync. No speed hacks and I get a solid 30fps that never dips. Only potential error I found was when I got to Shaft at the end of the game, the end of the dialogue gets cut off with no voice acting and I have to press start to get past it. But nothing I would really worry about in the main game. Other than that, awesome job to the ppsspp team.

Anyone try unlocking and running Rondo of Blood in this game? I assume that will most definitely crash.

Win7 Ultimate x64
i7-860 2.8 OC @ 3.8
2x2GB PC1600 DDR3
GTX275 1792MB
04-27-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm new in PPSSPP and I am trying to play Dracula X Chronicles, but at the first stage in the second loading, it won't stop loading.
06-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Im on my Moga pro and it wont move the char at all the Button work but not the moving cursor. the on screen work but not the BT moga controller, maybe its a mogsa issue i dunno havent had any trouble on any other game
07-04-2014, 03:50 AM
PPSSPP will freeze immediately upon entering Boss Rush mode. The rest of the game has worked so far w.o any error.
07-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Is this with the latest git build? Does it happen on Windows and Android?

-[Unknown]
07-04-2014, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 11:23 PM by TheDax.)
It doesn't happen in the latest git build (0.9.8-1545-g7081e7d) for me. It's not necessary to use the adhoc server or have networking enabled, either (it used to be needed).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-12-2014, 10:19 PM
http://imgur.com/8vThJM0,5Lhq5hQ,Nho3z1E

Why am I getting these black bars, or what settings should I be using to run this properly.
07-20-2014, 02:13 AM
The transparency in SOTN works with transfer block, but keep unfinished. Any date to complete this? The save room run very slow and small point appears in background sometimes in the same rooms.
08-06-2014, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 02:49 PM by Beavr.)
Anyone else still having the audio distortions in Rondo of Blood? Also the New Game cutscene audio starts playing without the video. After the audio ends, THEN the video starts playing.

Format: ISO
Version: 0.9.9-68-g404766c 32bit Ver.
Game ID: ULUS10277

I'd link a video but I can't. Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Hello! I recently completed the whole collection, so I decided to write this up as a... uh, Halloween gift? I tried to list bugs based on severity.

Region: US
Format: CSO
Version: v0.9.9.1 (and ~10/05 nightly for Rondo)

DXC - Fully completable.
Bugs:
-Minor, dialogue: I'm fairly certain one of Shaft's later speeches "stops" and requires pressing Start to bypass. It's not the much earlier "fog" one which required fixing and is incredibly minor. Unfortunately I did not particularly test it or note it in any detail.
-Minor, gameplay?: A weird one, but the Boss Demo mode (not the Boss Rush, just the purchasable demonstrations) seems to desync eventually. It seems to have no noticeable effect on the game, even if the character is defeated.

Rondo of Blood - Technically beatable, but not fully UNLESS you use an external workaround. Might be better to source a different copy of it if you are sensitive to the bugs, although the PSP version does have some minor localization differences unavailable elsewhere.
Bugs:
-Major, gameplay: You can beat it getting the bad ending with Richter (which, actually, is up to a vast majority of the game), but the game/program freezes upon loading of cinema when saving hostages (including the playable character Maria). The audio will go but nothing else, and it seems to affect the output. Important Note: You can get around this right now if you use JCPSP which will get past that section fine (although slowly); just swap your memory card save back and forth. Thankfully almost all of the hostages are near the beginning of levels and you don't even have to beat the level after saving them (just quit to the menu or whatever). Please see the bottom of post for a save state example, as this is the biggest bug in the collection.
-Intermediate, sound/video: Cinematic outside of in-level (opening, ending, another story one near the end I think) don't freeze the game, but they do have fairly big problems. The sound will go and finish first, and then the video. The ending in particular won't even load the credit music after, although it doesn't cause any problems besides being a pretty unsatisfying cap on the whole thing.
-Intermediate, graphical: Border corrupts, and it actually can be somewhat distracting in this case. What happens on the right side is that it seems to have a "buffer" corruption, so when say an enemy touches it it will bleed into it. It's largely ignorable to me but I imagine it'd annoy others, especially as it seems to happen largely on boss areas.
-Intermediate, music: Music usually goes through one iteration, and then instead of looping it'll corrupt until it mutes itself. Oddly, loading a save state seems to fix it (if I'm remembering correctly) until it finished that iteration again. If you can ignore it and don't mind playing mainly mute it isn't a big deal.
-Minor, lag: Minor, stuttering lag happens occasionally. I label it "Minor" because it's both interceptable/readable and non-constant. It might have something to do with the music? I noticed it is triggerable in a few places, including, but not always, the Dracula fight.
-Minor, Sound Test: Sound Test (music) seems to freeze the game somewhat similar to the hostage bug. The solution is to ignore its existence as you can find the music elsewhere (including the DXC sound test).
-Besides that, runs pretty perfect. Great speed, I didn't notice any problem with it! I really don't regret doing this version instead of another (well, constant music would've been nice); YouTube has the endings anyway.

Symphony of the Night - Fully beatable (trust me!), just keep in mind the crash bug. The PSP version has exclusive (though not entirely uncontroversial) changes which is why I played this version of it.
Bugs:
-Intermediate?: It had a tendency to crash PPSSPP without warning/cause (or have horrific graphical problems) if I played too long. Some areas, like the elevator generator, seemed to have these more often, and I sometimes noticed a graphical effect on the Faerie familiar often before it happened (odd, I know, but true). Maria mode in particular seemed to trigger crashes more often and sooner. What "fixes" it is simply getting in the habit of quitting to the SoTN main menu after saving and then loading the save (in-game, you don't have to quit the program or anything and it does it fast). Seriously, doing that little thing changed it from "fairly noticeable crashing" to "a few times in a mode playthrough usually if I forgot". I didn't use save states (except, just in case, before quitting in case of save corruption) so maybe try that?
-Minor, graphical: Some other graphical errors but nothing big. Honestly except for that familiar one and some big crashes that affected the graphics but not the program, the most noticeable is on the death animation on Fire Demons. No layer problems (fog, dark) or anything like that.
-Minor, lag: Occasionally I could trigger some small stuttering lag not entirely dissimilar to Rondo of Blood's (more "speed-up" after the stuttering maybe?). Oddly enough I first noticed it replicable during the credits (every ten seconds or so), but not every time nor always when fighting Dracula. Mostly ignorable, minor and inconsistent (just like Rondo of Blood, the speed of SoTN is fantastic as a whole).
-Minor, graphical: Border corruption again. In SoTN's case not only is it much less annoying (no bleedthrough, always black), but various in-game things like saving will fix it.

There you go, hope it's helpful to somebody! To sum it all up: DXC is like perfect now, Rondo of Blood is annoying but beatable (and fully if you use an external workaround for a few parts) with like perfect speed but bad music and cinematics, and SoTN is fantastic as long as you save and reload and don't mind occasional crashes. That's pretty wild, considering where it was just last year! Also I uploaded a save state during Rondo of Blood right before a hostage and potential freeze (press down on the hidden red stairs there):
Code:
depositfiles.com/files/qeen3i1lj
11-15-2014, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 11:26 AM by BouncingBreasts.)
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
The windows version of ppsspp 0.9.9.1 runs fine.

but on Android using Asus Zenfone 5 there are problems :
- Symphony of the Night at title screen that shows me "Press start button" there are black plain squares at the bottom right and upper left corner of screen. They usually be the shadow of tree...
Also, while playing, I found some objects that are plain black squares too.

- **** The game itself (push "game start" at the dxc's title screen) had run with no problem until yesterday. Now whenever I push "game start", ppsspp always crashed while the game was saying "Now loading" and go back to app screen.
I really don't know what happened to my phone. It should run smoothly as before...... Do I need to clear cache or something ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
The problems are still existing in version 1.0

I tried many many ways to post screenshots but the forums refuse me.....
Too large pictures and don't post a click able link
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user