Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Play Downloaded App
06-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Google Play Downloaded App
Hey People :3 .. I have an google play and a samsung galaxy s4 octa core version ^_^

When I download games ,, its 230mb/500mb .. then suddenly I cancel it .. so where is the 230mb goes ? are they will be delete automatically ?? because when I press install again ,, google play continue download it from 230mb .. so if i never want to download it back ,, are the 230mb will be delete automatically ??

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S4
Console : Playstion Vita
PSN ID : Merivex95<<<[Add me!]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Google Play Downloaded App
Dunno, but some apps could refuse to resume DL and will start over from the beginning instead.
06-09-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 10:37 AM by Poo-Tang.)
The new download method from Google now has its own Zip file type of package which contains the games data called an obb file. When you download these games it will download the obb file, then switch to the Apk. When both are downloaded then Android will install the package.

If the download you wanted to cancel has downloaded the obb file completely, the obb file in a containing folder will remain (Untill deleted manually or by un-installing the application) in /storage/Sdcard/Android/obb/"Game data here". If resume the download again Google will check and see you have the data already and download just the remaining Apk.

If the download you wanted to cancel has NOT downloaded the obb file completly, the obb will be half a temporary file and the device will delete it automatically after a period of time or when a total loss of connection to Google servers occurs. If resume in this case, the games data (Obb file) and Apk will all have to be downloaded again from scratch.

So basically the answer to your question is located in /Storage/Sdcard/Android/Obb/Smile Hope this helps.
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 11:07 AM by Merivex.)
(06-09-2013 10:03 AM)Razorback Wrote:  Dunno, but some apps could refuse to resume DL and will start over from the beginning instead.

1st its 230mb/500mb .. then i cancel it .. then i download it back and it's start from the begning .. yes .. its 0mb/500mb .. but after waiting for about 1 minutes ,, it goes to 0mb/270mb .. its like the google play download the remaining file .. ^_^

(06-09-2013 10:23 AM)Poo-Tang Wrote:  If the download you wanted to cancel has NOT downloaded the obb file completly, the obb will be half a temporary file and the device will delete it automatically after a period of time or when a total loss of connection to Google servers occurs. If resume in this case, the games data (Obb file) and Apk will all have to be downloaded again from scratch.

thank you 4 ur answer .. but where did u get this information ? I just need a prove but i'm not saying that u're lying :3 haha ..
when i download games ,, my phone memory is 2.6gb free .. after download the games 230mb/500mb ,, Then i cancel it back because i change my mind . . then I go to the phone memory and see its 2.4gb free although I've already cancel the download .. OMG ^_^ !!!
''After a period of timer'' = how long it's ? 2 hours ?? 3 , 4 or 1 day ?? Big Grin

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S4
Console : Playstion Vita
PSN ID : Merivex95<<<[Add me!]