Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Topic for discussion
12-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Topic for discussion
Some people say the simulator needs ten times the function to normal operation, this statement is correct. Is it right?
Thank You!

请大家遵守论坛制度,谢谢
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: Topic for discussion
not exactly.
this is usually the case, but it also depends on how different the devices are.

the Nintendo DS for example has no more than 3 times the power of a gba but can still emulate it quite well(I'm talking about actual emulation, without making use of gba mode)
01-05-2013, 08:28 AM
should be easier to emulate ppsspp as it uses mobile components,arm architecture etc.
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
I wonder if PPSSPP can Emulate aa3 (ATRAC) , Mpeg files someday Without decoding !

I think Mpeg might be possible .. But Let's see what will Henrik hide in his sleeve Tongue .
01-07-2013, 02:59 AM
(12-14-2012 03:30 AM)zzq920817 Wrote:  Some people say the simulator needs ten times the function to normal operation, this statement is correct. Is it right?
Thank You!

Is only a general rule, it is generally pretty accurate and can be used to summarize in general terms, but it is only a general rule

everything is relative, depending on the architecture to emulate, and the hardware for this task, if is very different, so you need an interpreter, I am not an expert, but there are architectures that are very unique, not only emulate a CPU, usually there are more parties involved, sub processors vpu, chips to accelerate the sound etc, all that should be emulated by software, the graphics etc, you lose a lot of resources to each task

ps2 hardware has a hard arquitecture and complex, yet today there are still far superior pcs and stil some problems for emulated. is relative, depends greatly on the hardware to emulate and involucrated parts.

but this, a genius like Henrik, can tell you first hand much better

Sorry for my bad english