Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
PPSSPP Blackberry Port
05-21-2013, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 09:45 PM by CRJMichiels.)
RE: PPSSPP Blackberry Port
So far I have gotten

Little Big planet (30-35 fps)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (15-20 fps)

Loco Roco (45-50 fps) slight texture glitch on character model

Burnout Dominator I can navigate the menu but when I try to enter word tour I just get a black screen.

Edit* This is on build: v0.7.6-741-gdde85e5

Also I was wondering if there is a way I can config the gamepad, the way the wii mote hooks up with this app is silly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 11:05 PM by xsacha.)
Can you suggest a better keymapping for the Wiimote?
I'll change it to what you suggest.
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 04:23 PM by alessandrobugiani.)
Hello xsacha. Listen I'm desperately seeking help here. I recently downloaded ppsspp for my playbook and z10 so I can play gta. I downloaded versions 0.8 and 6.8. I believe and tried both. Tried liberty city and vice city versions. On 0.8 ive managed to get get to the part where it shows the rockstar logo then it goes black on both. I Google and found you considered someone your settings and I've also tried that with no success. I would do ANYTHING to get a gta on one of my blackberry... I'd like to add I'm a bit of a noob. If you could help me solve this. Tryed turning off jit and fastmem too... X'(

Sorry to double post but, if it means anything, I found a compatibility list and it says it should work. Is there a plugin or something I need to to make this work?Sorry for being so annoying I haven't slept yet this is driving me crazy! Need gta for my blackberry!
08-31-2013, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 12:38 AM by xsacha.)
For GTA, I would suggest running the Android app on Blackberry. It runs natively at full speed.
08-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Thank you so much for the response Smile well I just took your advice and googled android app for blackberry. but I get a million sites saying "download android apps for blackberry" sorry, to trouble you but would mind sending me a link or confirming that this link is what I need.https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/ and do I download the Android version of ppsspp after? as I am relatively new to this sort of thing. If u could just link me the. Bar file and give me a quick summary of what to do, would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again Smile
08-31-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 04:25 AM by xsacha.)
No, this is not related to PPSSPP. Blackberry comes with an Android Player pre-installed.
However, I suggest installing OS10.2 to get a better Android (4.2.2) Player.

I don't recommend installing any Android emulators (like PPSSPP) because they will always perform worse than a native emulator.
Instead, I am recommending to install the GTA3.apk (as in the actual game).

You can contact me via email for further help as this is not related to PPSSPP.
08-31-2013, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 06:38 AM by alessandrobugiani.)
So updating to os10.2 won't increase my chance of running my blackberry pppsspp. Are you telling me there's no way to run to run vice or liberty city stories, on my bb. (they are much better) is there nothing I Cando to get ppsspp to work. seems to be working for others.... I'd prefer to get this emulator working cuz from my experience, sideloading apk files never seem to function properly. Sad

Are u saying there's no hope for my ppsspp :/ come on man ur the master. U practically created it. There's gotta be something I can do to run it. It shows the logos n stuff at the beginning. And it worked for crjmichels... Is it possible I didn't uninstall the isos properly? They came in 001. 002 format. But I managed to make them into an iso so I dunno... Really want ppsspp to work instead of sideloading an apk file

Maybe a certain version of ppsspp would help?...
08-31-2013, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 07:23 AM by xsacha.)
I'm saying that vice city stories and liberty city stories are quite buggy in PPSSPP, regardless of what phone you use.

GTA3 and GTA3:VC for Android are much better than the PSP games and I would suggest playing them on your Blackberry instead. They work flawlessly.
Here's a video of what I mean (using OS10.1 and Android 2.3.3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35LShlr-VY
It's even better on OS10.2 (with Android 4.2.2). I haven't made a video of it yet.
08-31-2013, 08:29 AM
K thanks bro Smile seeing as my next (hopefully last) question does not pertain to ppsspp anymore. I sent you a private message to respect the forum. Thanks again for all your help. You've been a huge help!! I can't thank u enough. I can practically smell the air in vice city Big Grin 5 stars. Soon as this done Gunna subscribe to ur youtube channel too! Thanks again bud! Ur the best!