Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
12-22-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 10:40 AM by RobsX2.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Using the github builds for android on my s4 on android 5.0.2

(i am aware this may just be a problem with lollipop)

When i get to "harbor" i can play through most of the mission, but just after the cut scene and then after the codec call, ppsspp crashes back to the home screen..

Has anyone else had this problem? might be just me ^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2015, 02:52 AM
(01-20-2014 11:50 PM)stodag Wrote:  I think he means sensitivity.. fine as it is IMO..

PS: if your having sensitivity issues, ppsspp is not the problem.. maybe your firmware.

Edit: lag could be the cause..
Sorry for been a huge ignorant, but... i have the sensitivity issue, and i'm using ppsspp v0991 and a ps3 controller.. can you help me u_u
03-05-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 11:05 PM by dayman.)
I've been playing this on v1.0.1 on a good PC.

It has run very well for most of the game until the final boss, Gene, who does a special charge attack. This seems to have a 50/50 chance of causing PPSSPP to crash. As he does this move often, it basically makes it impossible to finish the game.

I've been fiddling with the settings, disabling enhancements and trying to increase compatibility with whatever is causing the problem, but so far I haven't had any luck.

I have a screenshot if anyone is interested, but the forum won't let me include it in my post. It's at: i.imgur.com/j7IAu0Y.jpg
I can also provide a saved game/state if it would help.

The last thing in the debug console is:
e[G3D]: GPUCommon.cpp:226 sceGeListEnqueue: can't enqueue, stack address 08A545D0 already used
Just an update, that this doesn't seem to happen when I test on android with my Nexus 7. As expected it's too laggy to be playable, but it doesn't seem to crash from that charge attack.
03-07-2015, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 04:09 PM by dayman.)
I was finally able to test on another computer. The problem did occur there as well.

For future reference, I was about to at least save scum my way through the fight by saving state after every time I hit him or he charged without causing a crash, to slowly work my way through it.

Here are the save states and saved files just before the fight if anyone wants to work on or test this issue in the future:
dropbox.com/s/yme9a7ns02m9vzf/PortableOpsGeneFight.rar?dl=0
03-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Help with METAL GEAR SOLID PORTABLE OPS, ppsspp version 1.0.1
It happens that I have a nexus 7 second generation tablet, and the game lagea a bit and the sound also goes as 70 ℅ fluid, and gets something slow, as could configure it to run me better?
03-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-19-2015, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 03:28 PM by vnctdj.)
زي ما قال

Edit by vnctdj : Please speak in English when you are not in the international sub-forum.
04-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Mgs Portable Ops problem
Hi. I was playing mgs po and I accidentally clicked trade button in manage menu. After i clicked X button while PSP was looking for other player to trade with me, controlls stopped working, although the game did not nor the emulator and is still running properly. I even tried the onscreen controls to make sure the controllers works. The game just does not react. Has anybody experineced this problem before? The emulator seems like it is trying to fetch adhoc status and the adhoc is not responding.
04-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-05-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 02:46 PM by eghost355.)
Started to play this game (EUR version) and found the character unlock password this. However, I cannot find the equal sign "=" on the input interface at all. Is this the problem of PPSSPP? (I suspect the right upper corner should be "=" as of regular keyboard but both two stages of keyboard remain a plus sign "+".

The code is here, two character are with passwords content "=", and for Ursula, the game always said I got it already, which I am not..... :-(
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/932978-metal...ops/cheats

Please help! Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-05-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 05:21 PM by vnctdj.)
The on-screen keyboard is indeed far from perfect...
Here is a workaround :
Go to "System" settings then click on "Enable Windows native keyboard" in order to enable it.
Afterwards, launch your game, but not in fullscreen.
When you will try to enter text in your game, a small window will pop up which will allow you to type the text with your real keyboard, instead of using the on-screen keyboard Smile
You can then press your "F11" key to switch to fullscreen, if you prefer it Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-14-2015, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 01:41 PM by Trokinos.)
(05-05-2015 05:21 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  The on-screen keyboard is indeed far from perfect...
Here is a workaround :
Go to "System" settings then click on "Enable Windows native keyboard" in order to enable it.
Afterwards, launch your game, but not in fullscreen.
When you will try to enter text in your game, a small window will pop up which will allow you to type the text with your real keyboard, instead of using the on-screen keyboard Smile
You can then press your "F11" key to switch to fullscreen, if you prefer it Smile
Thanks for mentionning that.
Never thought this was a feature of PPSSPP, as there are lots of games that have those onscreen thing, that's great to learn about this as just typing with your keyboard is so much easier and faster !
05-15-2015, 08:52 PM
You're welcome Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Hi guys.Can anyone help me.
Whenever i launch metal gear solid portable ops it starts up fine but when I get to the title menu and try to open anything like new game,load game options etc it keeps on taking me back to the press statt button prompt.I tried using multiple versions of the game but still it didnt work and same thing as before happened.Please help
09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
(03-05-2015 08:59 AM)dayman Wrote:  I've been playing this on v1.0.1 on a good PC.

It has run very well for most of the game until the final boss, Gene, who does a special charge attack. This seems to have a 50/50 chance of causing PPSSPP to crash. As he does this move often, it basically makes it impossible to finish the game.

I'd like to confirm this bug - I've had the exact same thing (1.0.1). Sort of disappointing after playing the whole game bug-free till the very end - only to find it crashes during the final boss fight!

Ah well Sad

It happens specifically after the boss does a charge-run attack thing, just as dayman said.