Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
08-21-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
I was wondering if anyone has been able to load a savefile that was originally saved on a real PSP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 11:26 AM
(08-21-2013 12:02 AM)Fuzaki Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone has been able to load a savefile that was originally saved on a real PSP.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, this feature doesn't work with every game at the moment, god eater burst and kingdom hearts seem to suffer from this issue, making the save not properly recognized on PPSSPP, your best bet is to try and see the result.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
11-10-2013, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 11:52 PM by vnctdj.)
Can anyone help me? I'm having a problem. Sad

So, I have an ISO for ZHP (English) that I downloaded from [censored]. I extracted it from the RAR and all without a problem.

When I try to run the ISO in PPSSPP, though, it gives me a black screen (with a small box of white for a few moments before it turns black). I have an avi movie of myself going through the process of trying to open the game, if needed. I could also collect screenshots if that is preferred.

Also, if I press Z on my keyboard (PSP's X button) I start hearing sound effects. Unfortunately, I cannot record them. Confused Sorry about that...

Though I probably should keep my personal inferences out of this, the SFX I hear sound kind of like menu selection sounds, or maybe a "PRESS START!" sound on a title screen. Just throwing my opinion on it out there in case it helps. Undecided

Please help, I really want to play this game but I'm at a loss. Huh
11-10-2013, 11:31 AM
(11-10-2013 04:12 AM)The Breeze in the Shade Wrote:  Can anyone help me? I'm having a problem. Sad

So, I have an ISO for ZHP (English) that I downloaded from emuparadise. I extracted it from the RAR and all without a problem.

When I try to run the ISO in PPSSPP, though, it gives me a black screen (with a small box of white for a few moments before it turns black). I have an avi movie of myself going through the process of trying to open the game, if needed. I could also collect screenshots if that is preferred.

Also, if I press Z on my keyboard (PSP's X button) I start hearing sound effects. Unfortunately, I cannot record them. Confused Sorry about that...

Though I probably should keep my personal inferences out of this, the SFX I hear sound kind of like menu selection sounds, or maybe a "PRESS START!" sound on a title screen. Just throwing my opinion on it out there in case it helps. Undecided

If you pirate the game we won´t help you here!
We only support legaly bought games.
Please read the forum rules next time before you post.
11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
(11-10-2013 11:31 AM)Apology11 Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 04:12 AM)The Breeze in the Shade Wrote:  Can anyone help me? I'm having a problem. Sad

So, I have an ISO for ZHP (English) that I downloaded from emuparadise. I extracted it from the RAR and all without a problem.

The game isn't pirated. I have purchased it but I no longer have a PSP. I can't buy another one so I need to emulate...
11-10-2013, 07:10 PM
(11-10-2013 06:32 PM)The Breeze in the Shade Wrote:  

The game isn't pirated. I have purchased it but I no longer have a PSP. I can't buy another one so I need to emulate...

If you download something on web it basically pirates stuff..

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-10-2013, 07:14 PM
(11-10-2013 07:10 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 06:32 PM)The Breeze in the Shade Wrote:  

If you download something on web it basically pirates stuff..

But, if you've already purchased a game, ROMs/ISOs are legal to have. But only if you've purchased the game you're downloading already.
11-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Let's not have that debate here.
12-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Agreed. Wrong place.

Anyways, I'm having a sort of odd issue: Continuing audio stuttering. I've tried ripping it from my UMD, grabbing an ISO off of [REDACTED], and even converting it to a CSO.

I have no issues running Disgaea 1, and I've tried going through all the settings one by one and enabling and disabling everything in turn, including low latency audio, and no dice.

I know it isn't a hardware issue (AMD 6-core 3.3 GHZ CPU, 16 GB DDR 3 RAM, Radeon 7780 1 GB video card) because I've been running MH Portable 3rd HD, Valkyria Chronicles 2, and Macross Triangle Frontier at very high settings with no noticeable latency in audio or framerate.

Anyone have any ideas? Something I missed, perhaps?
12-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Is it in any specific area, just from the start...?

-[Unknown]
12-10-2013, 02:13 PM
It starts off right from the Nippon Ichi splash screen.
12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Does it change if you alter the volume settings to max?

-[Unknown]
12-10-2013, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 11:58 PM by mr.chya.)
Also what version of ppsspp are you using? Is it the official 0.9.5 release or one of the development builds? I ask because the official release had known audio issues which have now been mostly fixed. I am using the latest ppsspp-v0.9.5-1039 windows x64 build and I do not have any issues with audio. you can find the latest builds here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
12-11-2013, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 01:34 AM by arizth.)
(12-10-2013 10:13 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Does it change if you alter the volume settings to max?

-[Unknown]

Holy crap, that fixed it.

And I have no idea why.

Thanks a lot, mate.

Edit: OK, now maybe this one (I'm not abusing your kind tech support, honest!) can also be resolved.

I'm getting this odd text underlining effect in ZHP and Disgaea, and I'm not at all sure what's causing this. I'm using the official 0.9.5 build.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-11-2013, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 02:20 AM by TheDax.)
Use 1x resolution or change texture filtering to nearest (and optionally a texture scaler after that, to reduce the sharpness that nearest brings, if you don't like it, or FXAA shader, or perhaps the 4x HQ GLSL shader, or if you like scanlines, the CRT shader might do nicely too).

It happens because you're likely trying to run the games above 1x resolution, and they weren't designed for such a screen resolution, so glitches like that are common. Nearest will solve that, at the cost of more sharpness (or pixellation as some might call it).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.