Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 11:20 AM by Pablofajita.)
Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
New to PSP emulators, most recently I've been playing my old Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin which oddly worked flawless, basically seemed like it was in HD compared to my Wii.

Anyhoo, after that I realized I wanted to go back and play MHFU but I couldn't do it on my PSP, not after playing Tri on my PC, I couldn't go back to the PSP.

So after some research I came across PPSSPP and JPCSP. I've tried them both and after some messing around, I found out PPSSPP just flat out runs better, looks better, and is simpler to use. Only negative was the lack of straight out gamepad key mapping that JPCSP.

Although he biggest issue, for me at least, is the lack of any sound. I'm weird like that, I enjoy playing games with sound, mostly for the feedback and partially because it keeps me actually focused and immersed.

Anyhoo, I did some more research as to the no sound in the game and that's where I got confused.

I tried reading those github(sp?) things, I tried scouring through forums of anything emulator related.

I'm just confused...

I've tried JPCSP and then installing SonicStage or w/e, and while you get music here and there for the most part there is no sound still. Even if the sound worked perfectly I don't think I could use that emulator do to how poorly it runs the game on my somewhat decent rig.

i5-3570k
EVGA 670 FTW
8GB @ 1600
Windows 7 Home Premium

So I'm back here and while I try to play through the no sound on PPSSPP I can't do it, maybe I have OCD but I just can't do it. And I just can't play it on my PSP either, again prolly OCD knowing I can play it on my PC and it looks 100x better and through tweaking I can actually use a Dual Shock and not have to "claw grip" the PSP for camera movement.

Anyhoo... If someone could maybe explain the sound issue in "layman's terms" for me, because I can't really follow the "technical" stuff, at least related to w/e.

From what I've gathered and this is just guessing from what I can make sense of, the sound doesn't work because whatever audio the PSP uses isn't available or hacked or w/e? I don't know I don't understand what that means or what not.

So sorry for all that, if anyone could give me a run down that would be great. Is this just an issue for me, is it something that might be "fixed", if so is this something that is months/years away?

Just curious, cause last few months I got this Monster Hunter addiction for some reason. And I'm at crossroads, I really want to play MHFU again but not on my PSP(obvious reasons), but if I can't do that then my addiction is trying to convince me to drop a few hundred dollars on a Wii U and MH3U. I'd have done that in a heartbeat if I didn't despise console gaming at this very moment and wasn't broke as hell.

Any info would be great, thanks for reading that rant Smile
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 11:48 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: Few Questions about PPSSPP and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
If you want to remap the keys on your gamepad, you should read my tutorial here Wink

For the sound problem, our developers are working on it, so it will be implemented soon : in version 0.8 Wink
Keep using the latest version available here Smile
You can take a look at this if you want to know more about their work on the sound problem Smile
The main problem is that we can't decode the ATRAC3+ codec...

Moreover, I'm a big fan of MHFU too, take a look at this thread ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
(05-10-2013 11:45 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  If you want to remap the keys on your gamepad, you should read my tutorial here Wink

For the sound problem, our developers are working on it, so it will be implemented soon : in version 0.8 Wink
Keep using the latest version available here Smile
You can take a look at this if you want to know more about their work on the sound problem Smile
The main problem is that we can't decode the ATRAC3+ codec...

Moreover, I'm a big fan of MHFU too, take a look at this thread ! Wink

Thanks for the info Smile
05-11-2013, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 05:38 PM by Pablofajita.)
Could someone let me know when the sound is working?

I keep trying all the new versions on that one page whenever I see one that has something listed on it saying something to with audio or atrac. I don't know what that stuff means, but I keep hoping it means the sound will work on one of them Smile

Might be easier on me if someone just replies here saying "This version the sound works".

Would save me checking that version site 15 times a day and trying new ones lol.
05-12-2013, 06:34 PM
(05-11-2013 05:38 PM)Pablofajita Wrote:  Could someone let me know when the sound is working?

I keep trying all the new versions on that one page whenever I see one that has something listed on it saying something to with audio or atrac. I don't know what that stuff means, but I keep hoping it means the sound will work on one of them Smile

Might be easier on me if someone just replies here saying "This version the sound works".

Would save me checking that version site 15 times a day and trying new ones lol.

The sound problem will be fixed in 0.8 version Smile
But we don't know when it will be released, you just have to be patient Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-12-2013, 09:43 PM
hello, im new to the forums and i played MHFU on the ppssp on the galaxy s3 since yesterday and was working normal. But when i got to the jungle it crashed in the same spot like 4 times and i want to know if it is normal or the game file is corrupted
05-13-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 02:41 AM by Pablofajita.)
Have another related question...

Is the sound effects, you know attacking, clicking people, storing items, combining items, wacking monsters, carving, yadda, yadda, yadda... Related to this atrac3+ codec?

I mean like I'm holding off playing because of sound effects. No music/cutscenes are really not much of concern to me, but sound effects in combat/carving/etc, are.

So just wondering are they related?

Is it possible to get those currently or is it all or nothing? Like is everyone completely without any sound whatsoever?

Like I mentioned earlier, I do get music playing in the options screen in game, but that's literally the only place I've heard any sound at all. Scrolling menu's nothing but silence but that Options Menu music just loves to start playing.
05-13-2013, 06:58 PM
(05-12-2013 09:43 PM)dutter Wrote:  hello, im new to the forums and i played MHFU on the ppssp on the galaxy s3 since yesterday and was working normal. But when i got to the jungle it crashed in the same spot like 4 times and i want to know if it is normal or the game file is corrupted

You should post in the game's thread here.

(05-13-2013 02:39 AM)Pablofajita Wrote:  Have another related question...

Is the sound effects, you know attacking, clicking people, storing items, combining items, wacking monsters, carving, yadda, yadda, yadda... Related to this atrac3+ codec?

I mean like I'm holding off playing because of sound effects. No music/cutscenes are really not much of concern to me, but sound effects in combat/carving/etc, are.

So just wondering are they related?

Is it possible to get those currently or is it all or nothing? Like is everyone completely without any sound whatsoever?

Like I mentioned earlier, I do get music playing in the options screen in game, but that's literally the only place I've heard any sound at all. Scrolling menu's nothing but silence but that Options Menu music just loves to start playing.

I really think that the problem you describe is related to the ATRAC3+ problem Smile
You just have to be patient until the developers fix the problem Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Alright this is a pretty old thread but I thought that my issue was the same issue that was present in this topic.

I read through the posts and it had been said that the sound issue would be fixed in version 0.8...
Well I tried playing MHFU on version 0.8.1 but the sound still didn't work. In fact there was absolutely no sound.
The game seemed a little bit laggy in some spots as well.

I just wanted to know if there was something that I was doing wrong or if the issue just had not been resolved yet?
I really want to play but I feel as though playing with no sound was pointless.

I was playing Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley a few hours before and the sounds on that seemed to be working just fine.
I'm really not sure if the problem is just with this game or not ...
08-17-2013, 06:35 AM
(08-16-2013 10:57 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  Alright this is a pretty old thread but I thought that my issue was the same issue that was present in this topic.

I read through the posts and it had been said that the sound issue would be fixed in version 0.8...
Well I tried playing MHFU on version 0.8.1 but the sound still didn't work. In fact there was absolutely no sound.
The game seemed a little bit laggy in some spots as well.

I just wanted to know if there was something that I was doing wrong or if the issue just had not been resolved yet?
I really want to play but I feel as though playing with no sound was pointless.

I was playing Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley a few hours before and the sounds on that seemed to be working just fine.
I'm really not sure if the problem is just with this game or not ...

The sound fix from any monster hunter game came after the official 0.8.1, download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds"), for further questions I suggest you to post in the respective game's thread EUR and US since this thread is old.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-17-2013, 12:53 PM
This thread is outdated, so I close it.

Closed.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed