Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues on note 2
05-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Issues on note 2
Hiya I'm currently running on a rooted note 2 ( not overclocked ) and I've tried multiple gsmes now on PPSSPP and they all do the same thing. They will run absolutely fine for about 2 to 3 minutes and then just freeze up and force close. Now I've tried loads of different things on the forum like disabling / enabling buffered rendering and turning this on and turning that off in an obscene amount of combinations and nothing seems to work. While playing dissidia 1 and 2 I even tried saving the game save in the second slot because of some backup thing it does but still no joy! Just wondered if anyone knew what to do. So far I have tried LBP , GT portable, Dissidia 1 and 2, Fifa street and kingdom hearts, all with the same issue. Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Issues on note 2
Dissidia always crashes when playing story missions. Try playing arcade instead.
Kingdom hearts is also not known for stability.
To see if there's actually a problem with your setup, try playing games that have higher compatibility. For example, I've completed nearly half of crisis core and Daxter on my phone.
05-10-2013, 11:04 AM
which build are you using?
any build after v0.7.6-472-g529e2f5 crashes quite quickly(for me most of the time it's before the ppsspp menu is even loaded)
05-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Yeah i tried little big planet which is said to be pretty highly compatible judging by the ppsspp website, but still getting lots of crashes n stufd. I'm using the latest build available on the play store, do you think I'd grt better results by trying an earlier version? Cheers guys
05-10-2013, 06:51 PM
You should try one from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Sweet I've tried an older build specifically v0.7.6-484-g5c1425f and it works pretty well with dissida 012. Even managing to play through the story mode unlike others. Still freezes for a second or two when the attack effects gets a bit too much but is definitely playable Smile cheers for your help. Gunna try crisis core now Big Grin
05-10-2013, 08:00 PM
You're welcome, crisis core has got quite unstable lately, good luck with it.

Glad to know I'm not the only who's playing Dissidia without crashes, everyone says it does crash but it hasn't for me, not even once lol.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah its nice to be able to play the game with only minor hiccups. I hope crisis core works cus I havnt played it in about 4 years since my PSP got stolen D: was so close to completing it aswell lol.