Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Droid Razr issues
05-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Droid Razr issues
First off, I apologize if this issue is supposed to be in another section of the forum. Second, thanks for the quick response on activating my account Smile
So, I got the emulator for my Droid RAZR (first gen, will dump out specs in a moment) and I'm trying to run the persona 3 portable. All I get is a black screen, I've fiddled with the settings with no luck Sad
Here are the phones specs
System chip:
TI OMAP4430
Processor:
Dual core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A9
Graphics processor:
PowerVR SGX540 @ 304 MHz
System memory:
1024 MB RAM
If you need more info I'll do my best to provide it Smile
Thanks for your time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Droid Razr issues
uncheck buffered rendering from the settings-graphics-buffered rendering
enjoySmile

device: HP TouchPad
cpu: Qualcomm snapdragon s3 at 1.8ghz OC
GPU: adreno 220 at 320mhz OC
Ram:1gb
display: IPS 1024x768p

device 2: Samsung Galaxy Y
CPU: broadcom 832mhz armV6
GPU: video core iv HW
Ram: 290mb
display:TFT 240x320p
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 08:36 PM by kenny43.)
PowerVR GPUs are experiencing issues for some reason, turning buffered rendering off might solve it, but have in mind that you still might still experience issues due to your GPU, as well as the emulator is still on early stage of developement so not all games work very well and you might find glitches here and there depending on the game, welcome to the forums and enjoy!

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-09-2013, 08:44 PM
The buffer rendering did not change anything Sad
So just starting on a clean base with everything unchecked, what should be checked? Its not letting me add the screenshots of my settings to this post sadly.
I do get that the app is still growing, just curious if its just me not having the correct settings or just its not gonna happen on my phone for a while
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
You can try to download the latest emulator build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
Question: Does the game work on your pc?
05-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I do not have ppsspp running on my PC because it was a free netbook and my phone has more power sadly lol
The newer build did the same thing of going black screen when I load the iso. I kept the default settings on, then unchecked the buffer rendering and restarted the application, getting the same black screen. It looks like it wants to load it, but I only get the on screen controls.
05-09-2013, 09:20 PM
You may have a corrupted iso and need to be sure the game is working in another platform,i test games on my psp first then on windows
05-09-2013, 10:04 PM
(05-09-2013 09:11 PM)basssan Wrote:  I do not have ppsspp running on my PC because it was a free netbook and my phone has more power sadly lol
The newer build did the same thing of going black screen when I load the iso. I kept the default settings on, then unchecked the buffer rendering and restarted the application, getting the same black screen. It looks like it wants to load it, but I only get the on screen controls.

Contrary to popular opinion, PPSSPP can run really well on even older and weaker PCs.

I've seen folks running it on Pentium Ds (made in the era of the Pentium IV before Core 2 Duo). Unless your netbook has an older Intel Integrated card which doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 at the minimum, you should be able to run it.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
05-09-2013, 10:07 PM
I'll do some tweaking around in a while an post results. Heading out to run some errands. I'll be back as soon as I can with some results Smile