Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
10-30-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 06:31 PM by TheDax.)
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
I think you're referring to his signature. Anyway, the point he was trying to make is that you should be able to bind your volume keys to whatever you want, like any other buttons, under Settings -> Controls -> Key Mapping. IIRC there was a bug with the volume buttons still adjusting your device's system volume, so you might want to check into using a recent development build or wait until Nov. 1, when 0.9.5 releases (though to be honest it won't be much different than current development builds except for the version change).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 07:55 PM by panumart.)
i want ppsspp have 175% Alternative speed setting -.-

when i play some game 150% is too slow but 200% is too much

thank you *-*
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Idea...

Add PostProcessing Shader Combo.

Examples:

- FXAA Antialiasing + Cartoon Shader
- Bloom + Sharpen + Scanlines
- Cartoon Shader + Bloom + Sharpen

Select more options in PostProcessing Shader.

Smile
10-31-2013, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 08:40 PM by Butcher696.)
ADD:

Why in PPSSP windows isnt added piority selector to aplication ,when use high piority to PPSSPP ads soem fps in games . I always use my own .bat file created but can do this manulay in ALT+CTRL+DEl and in bookmark piority ads menualy high ,but why cant give this option to program defoult to select High ,normal ,small ?
11-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Sorry if it's already requested or add(wasn't able to update ppsspp for quite some time)but how about backing up the current save state before saving...I loose my save states couple of times because ppsspp was crashing while creating a save state which leads to 0 bytes ppst file)

I added that feature to my saves manager but it will be good to have it as an option in ppsspp.

This is how it can be done(it's really simple)
1.If no save state exist for the current slot,just save
2.If save state exist,rename it to for example "the game code_b.ppst" and then save
3.If every time you try to save in a slot which have a save state,it will delete the backup save state,rename the current and then save.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi, new here. And running android. And suggesting a quick & dirty fix.
Because the PSP runs at 30 fps, and most devices run at 60hz, I suggest simply duplicating each frame. As far as I can understand, this will solve most of the black flickering every other frame (or almost every frame if out of sync). I don't think you need to render more frames, just display every frame twice - so it won't impact performance, be quite easy to implement, and can be toggled on and off.

BTW, to the development team - great progress on PPSSPP. I've been following the project since 0.5 and using it since 0.7.5, and each new version has a shitload of improvements and, as of now, runs flawlessly on my PC. I applaud you.
11-03-2013, 01:13 AM
(11-02-2013 04:58 PM)Made in China Wrote:  Because the PSP runs at 30 fps

But PSP actually runs at 60 fps. If you want games to run at 30 fps, you can enable frame skipping, and set it's value to 1.
11-03-2013, 09:04 AM
(11-03-2013 01:13 AM)xM132x Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 04:58 PM)Made in China Wrote:  Because the PSP runs at 30 fps

But PSP actually runs at 60 fps. If you want games to run at 30 fps, you can enable frame skipping, and set it's value to 1.

Most of the games I've tested cap their fps at 30, so it doesn't really matter at what rate PPSSPP runs - it only matters that half the frames are blank on those games. But, setting the frameskip to 1 does fix the flickering my end, although it isn't as smooth as using auto frameskip. Simply duplicating frames once or twice (to fix the odd game that runs at 20fps) will allow to benefit from both the auto frameskip and the constant frameskip.

Another option would be to have an algorithm that matches the frameskip to the game's fps cap. Meaning each game that runs at 30 fps will have a frameskip of 2n+1, 20 fps games will have a frameskip of 2n, etc. It won't be as fool-proof, but it won't be as hackish as the former fix.
11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Since I was redirected here I might as well try. My feature request is for the touchscreen android version

Anyways I was hoping if it's possible to have new buttons that act as pressing two buttons simultaneously, for example instead of the regular four buttons, you can add new buttons that act as pressing triangle and circle at the same time, so which means there's like 5 or more buttons on the screen instead of 4 and so on?
11-03-2013, 10:14 AM
(11-03-2013 09:41 AM)tao63 Wrote:  Since I was redirected here I might as well try. My feature request is for the touchscreen android version

Anyways I was hoping if it's possible to have new buttons that act as pressing two buttons simultaneously, for example instead of the regular four buttons, you can add new buttons that act as pressing triangle and circle at the same time, so which means there's like 5 or more buttons on the screen instead of 4 and so on?

Yup already be request just design thing Smile
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/4285

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-03-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 12:50 PM by xM132x.)
(11-03-2013 09:04 AM)Made in China Wrote:  Most of the games I've tested cap their fps at 30, so it doesn't really matter at what rate PPSSPP runs - it only matters that half the frames are blank on those games. (...)

It happens because of bug in multithreading that redraws screen even if frame hasn't been generated yet. Auto frameskipping has similar bug. Try disabling multithreading/frameskipping and see if flickering still happens. Also frameskipping is duplicating frames.

Sorry for my bad English.
11-03-2013, 08:04 PM
cheatmaster fusion plugin like seplugin thats the thing i would love to have.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Some more requests:
1.Add a menu option to enable\disable FrameSkipUnthrottle
2.Can something be done about this...for example on KHBBS if you go to the arena and accidentally select online,that will be the end of your unsaved progress...probably other games suffer from the same thing too if you try online.
3.A hotkey plus existing hotkey will select the previous option...for example pressing F7 will select to skip 2 frames and pressing that key plus F7 will select to skip 1 frame.
4.If you accidentally click(or want to see what were the defaults keys) on "Clear all" or "Restore Defaults" in the keys,to have a way to abort the change...currently the only way is to set controls.ini as read-only and then restart ppsspp.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
i dont know if this will be good or not but..
add "Help Menu" which contains..
* App Introduction
* Game Setting Explanations ( How options work )
* FAQ
etc, etc..

it will serve as an offline guide, for new users so that they wont ask the same questions again & again here in forum..
or simply just a Guide. Smile

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
ADD:

In windows ,linux etc ,change piority in menu to high ,normal ,small (Changing to high ppsspp piority increase speed ) I do this menualy bay batch exe to run ppsspp in hight piority but can this function niece have to change in program