Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
10-19-2013, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2013 10:21 PM by TheDax.)
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Quote:23#Add a control layout editor for Android [req. by ppssppftw,hsark,droidforwwver]

This is fulfilled for all platforms for touch controls as of today, and if it meant control binding/mapping, that's also been done for ages.

Quote:29#???Add an option to swap Analog and D-Pad??? [req. by NoExisteLink]

Not sure what's meant by this, but if it meant to move the touch controls around, it's also fulfilled. Otherwise, please clarify.

Quote:43#Add support for positioning the controls [req. by wrkingclass_hero]

This was a duplicate of 23, which is also fulfilled.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2013, 06:32 AM
add reverse landscape
since it good for most android phone that have volume key on the left(volume key for control L1+R1 button manual mapping button)

sorry any english mistake..please go easy on me i'm still learning
10-20-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2013 02:10 PM by dark_zer0.)
How about the combo button for on screen pad? I think it will help while playing disidia and other game who need pressing multiple button at the same time. It's so hard when using aerial dash (R1+triangle) and climax hero ultimate attack (square+cross) with on screen keyboard. Thanks, I hope my idea will be considered for ppsspp next build.
10-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:30#Add an option for the touch devices to use to transport the L/RTIGGER to VOL+/- instead of blocking the screen partially

I believe this one is also fulfilled since you should be able to bind almost any buttons to physical keys at this point, not to mention you can now hide any touch controls except for the Pause button(iOS, Symbian, Blackberry).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
10-20-2013, 03:27 PM
(10-19-2013 10:20 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  
Quote:29#???Add an option to swap Analog and D-Pad??? [req. by NoExisteLink]

Not sure what's meant by this, but if it meant to move the touch controls around, it's also fulfilled. Otherwise, please clarify.

here...
(06-06-2013 12:59 AM)NoExisteLink Wrote:  I don't know how to explain this, but in Xperia Play case, it would be really nice if there is an option to swap or alternate the D-pad and the Analog, an example will be in God of War Games to walk and navigate with the pad.

Marked the rest.and congrats!2000+ builds for 0.9.1!

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
10-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh, so use the dpad as an analog stick? I wonder how easily that could be done..

10-21-2013, 02:48 AM
(10-18-2013 06:13 AM)arg274 Wrote:  
(10-18-2013 01:24 AM)Shina Wrote:  I have a request. It's something I saw on Dolphin. They let you dump the game's textures (I'm assuming based on the address or something), then you get to edit those textures and using them in game via an option on the emulator. Basically, I would want a feature like that, but for audio and music. Maybe somehow dump the games at3 or audio in which you can edit and replace. Then PPSSPP will use those instead of the in-game sound.

i've been begging for this one...

Yea, JCPSP can somewhat do this.
10-21-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 03:11 AM by Marcelo_20XX.)
JCPSP supported wavs to replace at3 files by dumping them using a Crc file name system, same as some emulators use the video plugin to load High Res packs (dump the textures using Crc names). Instead of using Hi-res packs my favorite thing to do is getting rid of unwanted textures. e.g disabling annoying HUD elements in games that abuse the screen with them, I second this request, it would be pretty damn useful...

(10-19-2013 10:10 PM)davidkolar Wrote:  Hi, please add these features, if it is possible:

1) Increasing Draw distance (including unlimited if possible)
2) Disable lodification (load full models and textures even on far objects - some games like GTAs looks much worse because of lod objects very near by player)

I will appreciate at least information if this is possible and if you consider implementing this in future updates, so I can look forward for it :-).

Thanks a lot

Dont know if this can be done on the PSP versions but I already did this with the PS2 and PC versions of the old GTA games (Vice City and Liberty City), you need third party tools to edit and patch the ISOS though and btw is a LOT harder than it seems.

The file format is almost the same between them because they share the same engine. Also as a plus I disabled the loading between islands on both games though in the real PS2 I get crashes but not when playing on PCSX2
10-21-2013, 08:05 AM
just checking if worth to include a window size box w x h like in pcsx2 config and maybe a stretching to window option too
usually i use predefined sizes through the screen depending what im running and have been setting directly in WindowWidth/WindowHeight on .ini file
btw keep up the great work
10-21-2013, 12:20 PM
(10-21-2013 02:55 AM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  JCPSP supported wavs to replace at3 files by dumping them using a Crc file name system, same as some emulators use the video plugin to load High Res packs (dump the textures using Crc names). Instead of using Hi-res packs my favorite thing to do is getting rid of unwanted textures. e.g disabling annoying HUD elements in games that abuse the screen with them, I second this request, it would be pretty damn useful...

(10-19-2013 10:10 PM)davidkolar Wrote:  Hi, please add these features, if it is possible:

1) Increasing Draw distance (including unlimited if possible)
2) Disable lodification (load full models and textures even on far objects - some games like GTAs looks much worse because of lod objects very near by player)

I will appreciate at least information if this is possible and if you consider implementing this in future updates, so I can look forward for it :-).

Thanks a lot

Dont know if this can be done on the PSP versions but I already did this with the PS2 and PC versions of the old GTA games (Vice City and Liberty City), you need third party tools to edit and patch the ISOS though and btw is a LOT harder than it seems.

The file format is almost the same between them because they share the same engine. Also as a plus I disabled the loading between islands on both games though in the real PS2 I get crashes but not when playing on PCSX2

Thank you for your message - I know lod mod exists on PC versions, but III and VC is not same like LCS and VCS (city map is about 90% same though). But I think this can be interesting for more games. I think draw distance and/or disabling lods can be done on emulator level ... maybe easy hack, maybe hard hack, but I think at least there must be some workaround.

BTW, today, I found out, that playing on 10x PSP resolution results in sharper and nicer graphic than Auto. I play on FullHD. Maybe 20x PSP can be even better ... what about make option to input custom n-times value?
10-21-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 01:00 PM by Arnkell.)
I would like to ask an internal clock for the emulator. So we can cheat games like Dissidia easier. D:
10-21-2013, 01:27 PM
since the custom layout is there,
maybe an option for

- Custom Layout/
* add/remove screen buttons (like HIDE DPAD, HIDE L/R BUTTON)

* custom button size (pinch or zoom to resize) by group
example : (dpad) resize dpad alone, ( cross,circle,square,triangle) resize it alone.
understand what i mean?
so that we can resize buttons INDEPENDENTLY not THE RESIZING In GENERAL.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
You can hide them already, try "Visibility" in the layout editor.

Yeah, pinch resize would be nice, maybe in the future.
10-21-2013, 02:18 PM
i tried it.. its nice!
just the "independent resizing of buttons" function should be added, then the customization will be PERFECT.

i cant ask for more, i'll just wait & support & wait & wait.. haha..
its not yet in v1.0 but it already has many functions..
you really got a great team there henrik..
my highest thanks for all the efforts ! very much..

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
First.... PPSSPP is just awesome. There's only one Future missing for perfection

- Remote Play. If it could be connected with the ps3 as remotplay device that you can play in remote play and still can controll your ps3 and do anything with it.

Don't know wether it's possible, or realy hard, I just think many Users would like to use ppsspp for ps3 controllingSleepy