Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
09-10-2016, 02:56 AM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Make it possible to access network shares on the Android version of PPSSPP. My device doesn't have that much storage and thus I keep all my games on an external hdd which I have access to via a Ravpower RP-WD03 but I am unable to access the drive from within ppsspp I can access the drive just fine using something like ES File Explorer but that doesn't help me access the games via ppsspp. PPSSPP on windows has no problem access these games via the network since windows has the ability to do just that while android does not seem to prosses said ability without a thirdparty app like es file explorer. The only thing I can do right now is to copy 1 game at a time onto my phone before I have to switch it out for another one since I am so limited in space.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2016, 06:47 PM
I saw a bit from 2013 stating that audio interpolation was on the eventual to-do list. Any progress on that so far?
10-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Eyepet support =D
10-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Change Background Support

-Aleck
PsP 3001
Pro CFW 6.60 C2
Oppo A37

GPU Renderer: Adreno(TM)306
Hardware and Board:msm8916
Ram:2

Im 13 years old!
10-11-2016, 07:39 PM
One feature I would like to see is a "Shell" of PSPPSP that can be installed onto an actual PSP via custom firmware and plugins. For instance, being able to use those 60 FPS "cheat codes" on 30 FPS games such as WipEout Pure.
10-12-2016, 12:43 AM
You can just use cwcheat. But the PSP hardware may not be able to run those games at 60 FPS.

-[Unknown]
10-12-2016, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 02:43 AM by Lycanphoenix.)
Does CWCheat actually support PPSSPP cheats, though?

As for the framerate, I've been doing various performance optimizations and am even looking into overclocking (although cautiously). Thanks for the reply.
10-12-2016, 10:40 PM
PPSSPP cheats ARE in CWCheat format, the differences are we store cheats in game specific ini files and keep _S and _G lines only for legacy reasons without requiring them where psp plugins store them all in one cheat database and require _S and _G lines to identify the game. There's a possibility that some more complex code types might also differ, I find them useless - much more limited than assembly and actually very confusing, never saw practical examples of other people using them either, but recall they might work differently on different plugins due to some bugs and/or bad documentation, unsure how they actually should work.
In general most(if not all) PSP cheating plugins eventually supported "CWCheat" format since it was always most popular one and those more complex code types really were unpractical, so you should have some choice in which cheating plugin you want to use.

Some of the cheats might not work between real hardware and emulator, or even between different emulator versions, but that's caused by imperfection of emulation and it can't be solved without changing the addresses in cheat itself, luckily affects only some games. Also many "fun" cheats(including fair amount of 60fps patches) are changing game code and those are usually compatible even in affected games.

So yeah performance will be your biggest problem, AFAIR there are suprisingly few games which required overclocking for 60fps patches on PPSSPP, but real hardware might be limited by much more, even running cheats themselves might cause additional performance drops.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-24-2016, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 05:58 PM by CrimsonAwakening.)
#Add description when you tap and hold the game image on the home screen (Description for downloaded games)

#Add description when you tap and hold the game image on the home screen (Description for downloaded games)
#Add Frameskip scale so user can decide what exact Frameskip they desire (ETC. 2.4 Frameskip)
#Add gui scale so you can decide how small or big the home screen/buttons are

This is a signature.
10-24-2016, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 07:18 PM by Lycanphoenix.)
(10-12-2016 10:40 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  So yeah performance will be your biggest problem, AFAIR there are suprisingly few games which required overclocking for 60fps patches on PPSSPP, but real hardware might be limited by much more, even running cheats themselves might cause additional performance drops.

So, CWCheat actually causes my PSP to crash when I actually enable the cheats, but the games do seem to run fine at 60 FPS (when they want to, looking at you WipEout Pure) without patches. Overclocking the processor to 333 MHz did actually help out with WipEout Pure, since that game has a poorly optimized overall framerate.

One thing I would like to see, though, is the ability to actually patch an ISO with a CWCheat, if that's possible. (That way, it will retain those changes, or at the very least remap the target addresses, even when you make changes to (or compress) the ISO later down the road).
11-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Hey guys,

Been trying to figure out what's going on with particular games (like Dissidia) which have problems with diagonal input.

Essentially, it's been covered in this post and several others, but it's been two years and nothing's been resolved so far:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13300

The problem is as thus:
My particular gamepad (Gamesir G4s) has an analog stick, and the stick's input limit is a circle (so when you push it to the directions and go all around, it'll make a circle on the Analog Tester in PPSSPP).
Analog in PPSSPP actually uses a square to measure the limits.
What this means, is that my gamepad's analog circle limit does not reach PPSSPP's analog square's limit. Subsequently, in games like Dissidia, where it requires the furthermost edges to be reached, I cannot move diagonally.
In games like Kingdom Hearts, the diagonal does not cause as much problems, because it still registers diagonal input that doesn't reach the corners of the square, but in some other games this diagonal problem is an issue.

Apparently EXPSE also had the same issue, and had this to say about it:
Quote:Physically, the stick rotates in a circle. Driver wise, the stick can move in a circle, or in a square. API wise, it does whatever the driver tells it. Application wise, it does whatever the api tells it(unless otherwise scaled differently in the applications code)

Programmatically on the actual hardware game console (and the emulator), it expects that pushing the stick diagonally will be able to hit the max postive or negative value for the combined axes which are -127 - 128 between X and Y.

Currently, the released version of espxe takes the range as provided directly from the driver with no scaling up of the value, so when you push the stick in the diagonal's the most you can get is a combination of -93 - 93.

So basically, when the console expects to see X-127 and Y-127 (Down-Right) it only sees X-93 and Y-93 instead and the game either ignores this input depending on its deadzone, or simply walks instead of runs.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this, other than just playing with the D Pad?
Thanks
11-12-2016, 06:53 PM
@xiiilence I belive for a workaround in ppsspp, you should be able to just set Analog mapper mode to X+Y and set analog mapper high-end to a higher value.

The problem is we only have those settings for dinput/xinput api's meaning windows. Apparently nobody who uses other platforms was interested in porting those options as of now. For this particular problem even a simpler solution would be enough as the affected games aren't actually taking advantage of analog input in the first place. They use thumbstick in analog mode treating is as digital and only detecting max values - #japanese_logic.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-13-2016, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2016 01:50 PM by xiiilence.)
(11-12-2016 06:53 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @xiiilence I belive for a workaround in ppsspp, you should be able to just set Analog mapper mode to X+Y and set analog mapper high-end to a higher value.

The problem is we only have those settings for dinput/xinput api's meaning windows. Apparently nobody who uses other platforms was interested in porting those options as of now. For this particular problem even a simpler solution would be enough as the affected games aren't actually taking advantage of analog input in the first place. They use thumbstick in analog mode treating is as digital and only detecting max values - #japanese_logic.

Hey LunaMoo, thanks so much for all this information.
Do you think you could provide me a bit of a guide on how to do this? I'm a bit unsure as to how to do what you've said and I've tried to scour the settings to do this.

Did you mean this was only possible on Windows? Unfortunately I am using Android at this moment.

EDIT: Ah, yes I see now that it was for just Windows. I guess hopefully they can provide some sort of solution for Android as well? Smile Luckily this was posted in the feature request page, hope it gets seen!
11-13-2016, 03:59 PM
#Add a quick button or custom option for your specified settings for ppsspp (like what u did on combo key, that applies the settled settings on the quick option quickly then restarts the app)(especially when you can't do the ppsspp.ini shortcut method in PC on android )
11-15-2016, 06:47 AM
Would it be possible to add a built in machine translator function to the emulator? I'm thinking that when activated, a transparent overlay appears over the text box with the translated text appearing in it.