Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
10-21-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
(10-21-2013 06:58 PM)pwarz Wrote:  First.... PPSSPP is just awesome. There's only one Future missing for perfection

- Remote Play. If it could be connected with the ps3 as remotplay device that you can play in remote play and still can controll your ps3 and do anything with it.

Don't know wether it's possible, or realy hard, I just think many Users would like to use ppsspp for ps3 controllingSleepy

I don't see how a PS3 remote play interface client has anything whatever to do with a dedicated PSP emulator...

I agree that such an application might be useful for PS3 owners/users, but it has nothing in common with PPSSPP.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:37 AM by dark_zer0.)
(10-20-2013 06:32 AM)the end Wrote:  add reverse landscape
since it good for most android phone that have volume key on the left(volume key for control L1+R1 button manual mapping button)

+1 for reverse landscape. I think this is a great idea, many phone out of there had volume button at the left side like my epic 4g touch.
10-22-2013, 01:29 PM
This is a very long shoot but I hope that JPCSP could somehow support ITH (Interactive Text Hooker) which is often used by visual novel reader who can't read moon rune in conjunction with tools like chiitrans2 to play strictly japanese games (or any language really).
10-22-2013, 11:24 PM
(10-22-2013 01:29 PM)naoan Wrote:  This is a very long shoot but I hope that JPCSP could somehow support ITH (Interactive Text Hooker) which is often used by visual novel reader who can't read moon rune in conjunction with tools like chiitrans2 to play strictly japanese games (or any language really).
If it really is the JPCSP emulator that you want that feature in, then you need to contact the people involved with that emulator.

This forum is dedicated to PPSSPP, which is a PSP emulator not related to JPCSP.

As for using the ITH code in PPSSPP, that would require 'borrowing' the source code it uses, and somehow merging that into the PPSSPP sources, and that would require some consent from the ITH developers.

Simply using the existing ITH binary as-is would not work, since PPSSPP is a multi-platform project, while ITH is just a Windows DLL.

Also, from your description it appears that the emulator would also have to interact with other software for the translation (that 'chiitrans2' you mentioned), and I really don't think this is applicable for non-Windows platforms. (Though it could be done as a set of Windows-only options.)

10-23-2013, 08:35 AM
restore olds option for analog stick
weither show/hide anolog kontrol like on the latest build from google play

sorry any english mistake..please go easy on me i'm still learning
10-23-2013, 08:57 AM
the end, what old option for analog stick? I don't think there's anything you can't do now that you could before with the controls...
10-23-2013, 12:41 PM
If possible I would like to request a button under "Cheat" menu to refresh/reset JIT or even refresh every time cheat menu is exited.

Not sure if it's clear what I mean;o, so let me explain. Codes rewriting assembly, so pretty much all cool ones that aren't about changing variables, require restart to work because the game continues to use earlier code. This makes the cheat menu toggle kind of useless for them and more importantly most people have no clue that has to be done to begin with. In some older versions for examples savestates could be used as workaround for that, but such solutions are hidden from the majority and not always possible so a "refresh" button under cheat menu or automatic refresh on exit cheat menu would be something more available for everyone.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Ah, that's a very good point. I'll add something like that.
10-23-2013, 01:02 PM
^_^ Thanks Henrik!

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Okay, it now clears the JIT whenever you click Back in the cheat dialog.
10-24-2013, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 09:47 PM by dlanor.)
(10-23-2013 01:12 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Okay, it now clears the JIT whenever you click Back in the cheat dialog.
And here we go again... Wink
That JIT clearing is an excellent idea, but it needs to be triggered another way.

Triggering a cheat-related action by the explicit use of the GUI's on-screen 'Back' button would be valid only if that were the only way to exit from the cheat menu, but since that's not the case you need to trigger all such actions by the actual exit from the menu, not the GUI button use that leads to such exit.

We had the same problem some time ago, when all cheat activation would fail when exiting the menu by pressing a gamepad 'back' button or a keyboard 'Esc' key instead of using the on-screen GUI button. And since this was fixed for that feature it should be possible to do the same again.

Btw: I have noticed similar incorrect responses to some other toggles and settings in other menus unrelated to cheats, where changes made also give different results depending on the method used to exit from the menu. This needs to be fixed not just for one specific feature, but for all of them, so that exit from any menu has the same effect regardless of what method was used to make that exit.

I believe the best method to handle this would be for all exit methods of a menu to pass through a common code section, or invoke a common function, designed to finalize all actions selected in that menu.

NB: I'm opening a github issue on this matter too.

10-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Is an option to have multiple profile settings possible? For example Game A only works with certain settings; instead of manually changing the settings, a profile would be very nice.

Then Game B has a separate profile and so on.
10-25-2013, 06:23 AM
@zackfair17
yeah, that would be convenient.. Big Grin

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-25-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 09:11 AM by Henrik.)
dlanor, you're absolutely right and as I said in the issue I will fix that shortly.

Planned for the future, having problems coming up with a usable and non confusing design though...
10-25-2013, 01:10 PM
(05-06-2013 05:52 AM)arg274 Wrote:  14#Add texture dumping and custom texture loading support (like Dolphin) [req. by Afinda,Nezarn,FanBoy]
Any news on this?

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64