Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help cant get crisis core to work!
05-03-2013, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:15 AM by muffintop.)
Please help cant get crisis core to work!
Hi im very new to this. I just got an iPhone 5 32g, and it is my first smart phone/touchscreen. im so used to being stuck in the stone age with throw away phones. Anyways i finally got the ppsspp emulator working took me a few tries couldn't find one on cydia that works, and i got a a few games running. dragon ball z and tenchu. But im a huge final fantasy 7 fan. I remember when the original 7 came out i beaten it at least ten times lol...yes i know i have no life lol. but anyways the whole reason for me to get the iPhone 5 was for me to play crisis core on it. i got the game to run like it starts up and then it just goes to black screen when i press start it just give me an option to load a game and then when i press new game it just sits on a black screen. my question is if i wait will the game load if not then what do i do? i read up that i have to have a save file for it to work. i don't know how to do this can someone please tell me step by step on how to do that. i do have winscp and openscl on my phone. sorry for babbling but id figure i should explain whats going on and why i want it. i would really appreciate and love anyone who can help me getting this up and running ill be forever in your debt. xoxo =)

PS i have the usa version....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Please help cant get crisis core to work!
You should download savegame (for me worked save posted in ff7 cc thread in commercial games section(just before ifrit battle)). Download it and put into ppsspp directory(i have an android so i dunno where it is on iphone). Just load the game and have a nice day!
05-03-2013, 02:04 PM
What he said. Alternatively you really can just wait for about 10 minutes (turbo key is recommended), and the blackscreen will vanish. That is because the game thinks that the (unskippable) intro video is playing, but it actually isnt because of no video support in the emulator. It could take a while until they get the videos running on mobile devices.
Oh and disable fast memory in the options. Crisis Core doesnt like that.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 09:59 PM
(05-03-2013 02:04 PM)kevke96 Wrote:  What he said. Alternatively you really can just wait for about 10 minutes (turbo key is recommended), and the blackscreen will vanish. That is because the game thinks that the (unskippable) intro video is playing, but it actually isnt because of no video support in the emulator. It could take a while until they get the videos running on mobile devices.
Oh and disable fast memory in the options. Crisis Core doesnt like that.

thanks a lot i guess ill just wait and what is turbo key? and do you have any other suggestions for good games on the emulator and how come i cant get any sound?
05-04-2013, 06:18 AM
For a few ideas on good games you can look at this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...urite+game
Im not good at recommending non-pc games.
The turbo key is the key on the left of the select button. On Windows you press and hold the left analog stick or the TAB key to activate it.
The sound problem... No offense but I hope the developers implement support for it soon, so I can stop answering questions about it. You cant get anything that has to be decoded by media engine on mobile devices right now, simply because its not yet supported.
We got an experimental build for Wndows that adds support for these things, but its really, really hard to set up: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

05-04-2013, 08:20 AM
(05-04-2013 06:18 AM)kevke96 Wrote:  For a few ideas on good games you can look at this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...urite+game
Im not good at recommending non-pc games.
The turbo key is the key on the left of the select button. On Windows you press and hold the left analog stick or the TAB key to activate it.
The sound problem... No offense but I hope the developers implement support for it soon, so I can stop answering questions about it. You cant get anything that has to be decoded by media engine on mobile devices right now, simply because its not yet supported.
We got an experimental build for Wndows that adds support for these things, but its really, really hard to set up: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

ya i tried waiting for the game to load thru the black screen i ended up waiting like an hour and it still didnt go thru it just ended up freezing im sorry for bothering you i noe this is probably getting old because alot of people ask about this but ive been trying to get this to work for two months meow. ive been trying to find a save file for the begining of the game and i cant find one and even if i do i have no clue where to put the file.do i put it in the same folder as ff7 cc or do i dump it somewhere in the ppsspp emulator because for some reason i accidentally put all the roms in the psx roms folder and the games still load but the ppsspp folder is on a completely different area. if it helps ill make a video of what i set up on the phone and if you where up to it take a look at the video and help me out. just let me noe and ill do it.. and just to let you noe even if u decide that's to much work i greatly appreciate the help u gave me so far just so u noe i do appreciate everything u did so far for me.
05-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Damn. I just noticed youre using an iPhone. This is bad, but it should work anyways. Are you sure youre using the newest build? Its shown on the home screen of PPSSPP right under the name. What I said definitely works on Android.
You can post a video of course as this might clear things up, but mind that I dont know anything about the iOS builds. I dont even know what Cydia is...

05-07-2013, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 09:37 AM by muffintop.)
ok sory that i took a min i couldnt get a video but i did take pic im uploading them now just wanna know which folder should i place the save file in?and where can i get a save file from the first save for an ios ff7 cc usa version. and im trying to put the pics up but i cant how do i upload the pictures lol.

(05-04-2013 08:52 AM)kevke96 Wrote:  Damn. I just noticed youre using an iPhone. This is bad, but it should work anyways. Are you sure youre using the newest build? Its shown on the home screen of PPSSPP right under the name. What I said definitely works on Android.
You can post a video of course as this might clear things up, but mind that I dont know anything about the iOS builds. I dont even know what Cydia is...

ok sory that i took a min i couldnt get a video but i did take pic im uploading them now just wanna know which folder should i place the save file in?and where can i get a save file from the first save for an ios ff7 cc usa version. and im trying to put the pics up but i cant how do i upload the pictures lol.

(05-04-2013 08:52 AM)kevke96 Wrote:  Damn. I just noticed youre using an iPhone. This is bad, but it should work anyways. Are you sure youre using the newest build? Its shown on the home screen of PPSSPP right under the name. What I said definitely works on Android.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles does this work to because i alse experiance the same problem as ff7 cc it tell me theres an auto save and then goes straight to black screen.
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm currently trying to get CC to work on my note 2 running ppsspp v0.7.6-484-g5c1425f which is the most reliable build I've found so far. I've downloaded a save game to get past the first video which is like 15 minutes long or something and things run really smoothly even in the combat missions you can do, but when I talk to the guy to progress the game it just black screens and won't do anything else. Is anyone else having this issue? Cheers