Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARMv6 Optimization Build?
04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: ARMv6 Optimization Build?
(04-29-2013 04:37 AM)Livy. Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 01:47 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, that's weird. It's like it's drawing the FBO with the wrong stride or something. What device is this?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300). Its specs are almost identical to the Galaxy Y (GT-S5360). I have had this bug from the early days of PPSSPP along with a system freeze on load bug. The two bugs occurred in all games and all versions of PPSSPP, not just the test elf. In 0.7.6, the freeze bug is gone, but the above bug persists. I asked a forum member who had a Galaxy Y, and he told me that he did not have the same problem.

I know my phone is low end and I bought it as a development device -- I started studying Android programming recently. Besides, I am not interested in playing any kinda game on Android so I don't want to complain about the bug here. But if you can fix it, it is a good thing. Seeing a spinning cube is somewhat fun to me. Wink

I thik the above bug will gone if you turn off bufring render i used the have that problem in my phone in it's fix now so good chance^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 12:59 PM by Livy..)
Thank you Slamandar. With Buffered Rendering off it is now running perfectly. Angel

From what I have heard, turning off Buffered Rendering is considered a hack. Since I got serious graphics bug, I always tried safest settings. I never thought doing so can get rid of the bug. It is the first time I see a perfect cube on my phone. Heart

I remembered when I reported this issue, Henrik said it was probably because of a bad GPU driver. But now it is likely compatibility issue of the Buffered Rendering option. Perhaps this should be documented, so some programmer can fix it someday when all major tasks are done?
04-29-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 04:48 PM by slamandar.)
No problem Livy !

Just i wan the say that i tray many games and all work great except puzzle bubble poket it show a blue screen but it work you need just the press circle

for monster hunter , lord of arcana ,dragon ball Sin budokai , .... Work great need just some optimisation , so the issue not important but its weel be a good thig the documented . Its so cool seening game work with no bug ^^

And sorry for my bad english i'm fransh
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
The bug on puzzle bobble i see success without buffered rendering

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/768

i think buffered rendering is very experimental because
- bad driver
- implemented differently nonstandard propitary libs.

For example in my one device armv6 have vivante gc600
cube.elf running fine 55-58fps with buffered rendering enabled
Reflection.elf very poor perfomance with buffered rendering enabled 1-3fps but if disabled working to 45-50fps
05-07-2013, 02:35 AM
just something to contribute to this thread I have a LS670 a.k.a LG Optimus S and alot of my games (PoPoLoCrois, MMPU, Blade Dancer, and PSP2) run very well well on it . That phone is a 600mhz Armv6 with the Adreno 200 GPU so it does run fairly well not as good as say as the Galaxy S3 but it is usuable if you can get it if you want I can test your games on it and show the results if you want.