Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARMv6 Optimization Build?
04-27-2013, 11:11 AM
ARMv6 Optimization Build?
Well, is possible to make a special ARMv6 optimization build fix? There is people that have ARMv6 phones that playing PPSSPP emulator too, but din`t get the great experience as the ARMv7 users.PES 2013 and Mortal Kombat Unchined (Fix the flickering please) seems to be atleast good playable with 20 vps.Even in Dragon Ball Evolution i get 11 FPS. Please fix that if it`s possible, i dont have more money to buy a new phone Sad . Thanks

ZTE Blade with EliteBlade Rom 2.3.5
Overclocked to 710 MHz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: ARMv6 Optimization Build?
ARMv6 CPUs are old by now, and are usually single core at low clock speed (<1 Ghz). They're mostly used in low end, budget devices.

The programmers do their best to improve the emulator, but doubling the performance is kinda impossible. You should accept your reality.
04-27-2013, 04:33 PM
(04-27-2013 03:21 PM)Livy. Wrote:  ARMv6 CPUs are old by now, and are usually single core at low clock speed (<1 Ghz). They're mostly used in low end, budget devices.

The programmers do their best to improve the emulator, but doubling the performance is kinda impossible. You should accept your reality.

hi livy,you're here.how're u?
04-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah. I'm looking forward to playing GoW games someday when PPSSPP is more stable, but not on Android. I, too, have an ARMv6 device, and I know it will never run PPSSPP at an enjoyable speed. The cube.elf is the prettiest thing to look at. But in fact, it is not pretty at all:

[Image: SC20130428-013516_zps25e0c43b.png]
Running on PPSSPP 0.7.6
04-27-2013, 07:17 PM
(04-27-2013 03:21 PM)Livy. Wrote:  ARMv6 CPUs are old by now, and are usually single core at low clock speed (<1 Ghz). They're mostly used in low end, budget devices.

You need to turn off buffring

render and it well run fine i have an armv 6 and it work some games in playbal speed like

lord of arcana 28~42fps ; digimon re 45~60 fps; ..some 2d games and i tink that speed

my increase in the future in some games like persona and dragon ball z SB

and sorry for my bed english ^^
04-28-2013, 01:29 AM
(04-27-2013 07:17 PM)slamandar Wrote:  

You need to turn off buffring

render and it well run fine i have an armv 6 and it work some games in playbal speed like

lord of arcana 28~42fps ; digimon re 45~60 fps; ..some 2d games and i tink that speed

my increase in the future in some games like persona and dragon ball z SB

and sorry for my bed english ^^

u mean bad not bed english lol Tongue

yeAH untick buffered rendering helps vey much in speed.also turn on frame skipping.u'll get playable speed Wink
04-28-2013, 02:17 AM
armv6 is not really bad,it just need optimization,people always talking armv6 phone is too low and 'just buy a new phone',but i will said that before ppsspp exist people talking about playing psp games on armv7,then i will say 'are you kidding,you must be out of your mind',but now ppsspp has show that even on this low end phone it can run better than other psp emulator out there,you just need to think positive,that all.even i don't really trust there are emulator out there can run psp games on low end phone,'my thoughts about that really change',then here i'm at ppsspp website.thank to the people who improving this emulator.Armv6 is not dead yet.Wink

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2013, 03:23 AM
For this, need of much optimization general on emulator. And a developer that optimize the part of ARMv6.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
04-28-2013, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 04:42 AM by xsacha.)
I did a lot of optimisations for the Symbian platform that required optimising ARMv6.
ARMv6 is already heavily optimised.

As there are no features in PPSSPP that make use of ARMv7, the performance should be roughly the same between the architectures (negating actual architectural improvement).
04-28-2013, 05:07 AM
(04-28-2013 04:41 AM)xsacha Wrote:  I did a lot of optimisations for the Symbian platform that required optimising ARMv6.
ARMv6 is already heavily optimised.

As there are no features in PPSSPP that make use of ARMv7, the performance should be roughly the same between the architectures (negating actual architectural improvement).

maybe hacking will do,but i doubt there's no such thing yet.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2013, 10:08 AM
(04-28-2013 02:17 AM)aki21 Wrote:  armv6 is not really bad,it just need optimization,people always talking armv6 phone is too low and 'just buy a new phone',but i will said that before ppsspp exist people talking about playing psp games on armv7,then i will say 'are you kidding,you must be out of your mind',but now ppsspp has show that even on this low end phone it can run better than other psp emulator out there,you just need to think positive,that all.even i don't really trust there are emulator out there can run psp games on low end phone,'my thoughts about that really change',then here i'm at ppsspp website.thank to the people who improving this emulator.Armv6 is not dead yet.Wink

+1
04-28-2013, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 12:58 PM by kamengtaiv.)
The most highest fps on my Device i get on Mortal Kombat Unchined (15-30 FPS Smile ) , but the big issue is the flickering, please fix that

I have seen a video that a guy playing The 3rd Birthday on Symbian Nokia Phone, and runs pretty well, but i dont know if this phone is ARMv6 or ARMv7.xsacha i agree with you, these nokia phones running symbian i guess maybe are more low-end devices than mine, but the games runs pretty well.

ZTE Blade with EliteBlade Rom 2.3.5
Overclocked to 710 MHz
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
And yes ppsspp still improve and and increase speed

you can notice the deffrence every week if you try the last build

i think 1~2 fps ^^
04-29-2013, 01:47 AM
(04-27-2013 06:02 PM)Livy. Wrote:  Yeah. I'm looking forward to playing GoW games someday when PPSSPP is more stable, but not on Android. I, too, have an ARMv6 device, and I know it will never run PPSSPP at an enjoyable speed. The cube.elf is the prettiest thing to look at. But in fact, it is not pretty at all:

Running on PPSSPP 0.7.6

Hmm, that's weird. It's like it's drawing the FBO with the wrong stride or something. What device is this?

kamengtaiv: just be warned, one thing Symbian devices (as I understand) have going for them are good GPUs, even when they're armv6. But a lot of budget devices may not have good GPUs.

I'm sure there are more optimizations to be made, both in CPU and GPU, but there are certain realistic limits.

-[Unknown]
04-29-2013, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 04:53 AM by Livy..)
(04-29-2013 01:47 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, that's weird. It's like it's drawing the FBO with the wrong stride or something. What device is this?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300). Its specs are almost identical to the Galaxy Y (GT-S5360). I have had this bug from the early days of PPSSPP along with a system freeze on load bug. The two bugs occurred in all games and all versions of PPSSPP, not just the test elf. In 0.7.6, the freeze bug is gone, but the above bug persists. I asked a forum member who had a Galaxy Y, and he told me that he did not have the same problem.

I know my phone is low end and I bought it as a development device -- I started studying Android programming recently. Besides, I am not interested in playing any kinda game on Android so I don't want to complain about the bug here. But if you can fix it, it is a good thing. Seeing a spinning cube is somewhat fun to me. Wink