Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question regarding the debug log
04-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Question regarding the debug log
Can anyone clarify the purpose of this line?
user_main E[HLE]: HLE/sceUtility.cpp:366 UNIMPL sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus()

It's constantly appearing whenever I run Dracula X Chronicles, and at an extremely fast rate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 01:00 AM by Kyousuke.)
RE: Question regarding the debug log
It's an error report generated by a function of this code (inside the file ...Core/HLE/sceUtility.cpp at the 366th line):

Code:
364 - int sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus()
365 - {
366 -    ERROR_LOG(HLE, "UNIMPL sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus()");
367 -    return netDialog.GetStatus();
368 - }

Searching in google I found that sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus is a function of the PSP SDK:

http://tinyurl.com/pspsdk-netconf Wrote:
Code:
int     sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus (void)
Get the status of a running Network Configuration Dialog.

I think the game is trying to get some network configuration (maybe the multiplayer configuartions?), but PPSSPP doesn't support any networking at this moment, so since there isn't any network it returns that error (UNIMPL = unimplemented).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 3072MB RAM DDR2 | NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1024MB | http://github.com/KyousukeKyaa
04-27-2013, 02:07 AM
(04-27-2013 12:22 AM)Kyousuke Wrote:  It's an error report generated by a function of this code (inside the file ...Core/HLE/sceUtility.cpp at the 366th line):

Code:
364 - int sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus()
365 - {
366 -    ERROR_LOG(HLE, "UNIMPL sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus()");
367 -    return netDialog.GetStatus();
368 - }

Searching in google I found that sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus is a function of the PSP SDK:

http://tinyurl.com/pspsdk-netconf Wrote:
Code:
int     sceUtilityNetconfGetStatus (void)
Get the status of a running Network Configuration Dialog.

I think the game is trying to get some network configuration (maybe the multiplayer configuartions?), but PPSSPP doesn't support any networking at this moment, so since there isn't any network it returns that error (UNIMPL = unimplemented).
I figured it was something like that, since Boss Rush always crashes and that seems to be a network heavy mode. Why a game like this has networking, I don't know.

Is is possible to create a false signal check or make the game realize there's no wifi? I know PPSSPP has wifi disabled by default, but I don't know why this keeps popping up.
04-27-2013, 05:20 AM
I've noticed some games call sceUtilitySavedataGetStatus() a bunch, for no particular reason. I even tested and verified this happens when they are played on real PSP firmware, so it's not a bug that it's happening.

Possibly it should be returning a different error code, but it may not be what's causing the glitches itself.

-[Unknown]
08-23-2013, 06:57 AM
(04-27-2013 05:20 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I've noticed some games call sceUtilitySavedataGetStatus() a bunch, for no particular reason. I even tested and verified this happens when they are played on real PSP firmware, so it's not a bug that it's happening.

Possibly it should be returning a different error code, but it may not be what's causing the glitches itself.

-[Unknown]

I've personally noticed that in Dracula X Chronicles, this is causing a problem on the latest 9.1 x64 Orphis builds.

Namely that when you are trying to go to the first 'boss' area, it hangs because it isn't getting some sort of 'response' that it needs to keep on going from that.