Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
05-02-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: Ratchet and Clank Non buffered rendering problem.
Think about this for a second. Buffered rendering which doesn't use much more cpu power than Non-Buffered rendering is slower and your cpu does not heat up? What does that tell you? (hint: you're likely GPU-bound)

And no PPSSPP on ARM CPUs is not just a dumb cross-compilation but has its own dedicated recompiler for the platform.

As for "updating non-buffered", non-buffered rendering is not expected to ever be without artifacts and errors, since it is essentially a hack to help out systems with weak GPUs.

You can try to play around with frameskipping and lower the rendering resolution to get acceptable results with buffered rendering
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Well so far on the latest version the game works fine without graphical problems or crashes. The only problem I have is that sometimes (happened maybe 3 times so far and I just finished Techonomites planet) after a cutscene there is a horrible screeching noise during a level. The way I get around that is by loading my last save and the noise just disappears.
06-14-2016, 03:39 AM
There's an issue with depth processing of some effects. For example in the factory level (like 3rd or 4th planet) a smoke effect in a location is seen a mile away (as in it doesn't get blocked by all the object before it). Forcing depth in the hacks kinda erases it, but not nearly enough to make it unnoticeable.
07-05-2016, 03:07 AM
(06-14-2016 03:39 AM)Avatarass Wrote:  There's an issue with depth processing of some effects. For example in the factory level (like 3rd or 4th planet) a smoke effect in a location is seen a mile away (as in it doesn't get blocked by all the object before it). Forcing depth in the hacks kinda erases it, but not nearly enough to make it unnoticeable.

I just noticed this too. The easiest place to see it is in the first area, at the waterfall.

I know what causes it, but AFAICT there is currently no setting to fix it.

It specifically happens for effects that are rendered in lower-resolution (a fill-rate optimization for large particles, I think this game uses 1/3rd x 1/3rd size). This effect is implemented like so:
1) Render the scene normally.
2) Copy the scene depth buffer to a lower resolution depth buffer.
3) Render low-resolution particles to a lower resolution color buffer, testing against the low-resolution depth buffer.
4) Add the low-resolution color buffer back to the scene.

It would appear all the steps are working, except for #2 where it copies the scene depth. Without the scene depth, the low-resolution particles show up through geometry, as if with disabled depth test.

Read-from-depth is a relatively common technique, so if it's not working I could see this being a graphical problem with several games.
08-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Is it fully playable ?
09-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey, i couldn't bother going through all these 6 pages, so i'll just throw it here. I am playing on my Android device with PPSSPP version 1.2.2. The game plays normally, but it lags with "Disable Slower Effects" unchecked. When i check it, the game runs nearly smooth and is playable, but the screen is filled with glowing colors and it's very annoying.
05-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Yes I have that problem too except it was jak and daxter tlf it was black screen so I checkedchecked disable slower effects and it worked but the screen is blooming its so irritating please help and also If I off the buffering the game is fast but when I break stuff or something explodes it goes black for a second so I tried buffering yet its still blooming please help