Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confusion on Devbuilds?
04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Confusion on Devbuilds?
Just a suggestion, Can we exclude those language commit/edit/revert from the devbuilds? It's kind of hard to check which version games start to broke or which version games start to work because all of those spamming language devbuilds. Angel

------
My Devices :
• Sony Xperia Z1, 2.2GHz QuadCore, Snapdragon 800, Adreno 330
• DG41RQ, Core2Duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9500GT 1GB
-------
Find all posts by this user
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: Confusion on Devbuilds?
These changes will not last forever you know ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Can't get rid of them, but as the UI stabilizes over time there will be less of them.
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
It's not that hard actually to check the changelog.
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Those who translate in different languages should be at least advice to try sending more complete pacthes then ("french language" "update language" "fix typo" "add 2 more words" ) and so on
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I dont have any problem with all the language commits. The more languages the better. Smile
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 01:12 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(04-22-2013 12:52 PM)livisor Wrote:  Those who translate in different languages should be at least advice to try sending more complete pacthes then ("french language" "update language" "fix typo" "add 2 more words" ) and so on
Well, right now, after the strings got shortened there is a typo on Greek Translation and it's not something I did (the mistake is done by somebody else) but the one who edited the lang file. It's not a big deal but enough to break the line of 2x resolution. Instead of 2X = it says 2x = , which is something the emulator doesn't recognise and leaves that string untranslated. Now I come with the deal, should I push a pull request or should I leave it for later or should I tell somebody else to do it and leave it out of the changelog? I don't like to spam the builds but I did my work correctly on the translation part but it was somebody else who did the mistake and I noticed it. Leaving it as is is a bit silly and defeats the idea of offering the best you can on a project.
The best solution would be leave the Translations pull requests open for like 2-7 days open and pull them alltogether in a single commit.
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 03:35 PM by Kyousuke.)
(04-22-2013 12:52 PM)livisor Wrote:  Those who translate in different languages should be at least advice to try sending more complete pacthes then ("french language" "update language" "fix typo" "add 2 more words" ) and so on

I think that in a couple of days there won't be any more commits about translations, the emu is like 90% translated already. I'm always trying to make only needed changes, atm I've just 2 commits (1 pending), the first one when the ini file was created:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1397/files

The second when more than 20 lines were added:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1433/files

Probably that's the last commit about it_IT.ini because it's remaining almost nothing to translate in the emu interface.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 3072MB RAM DDR2 | NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1024MB | http://github.com/KyousukeKyaa
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
What is the problem with many commits?
you don´t need to download the builds with only new translations added.
And for testing: the translations shouldn´t cause any trouble with games so just test the new build and if somthing causes issues search for the last commit that wasn´t translation Smile

@Virgin KLM i would suggest you to fix everything as soon as you see it as later on it might be forgotten.

The only thing I thing could be a conclusion for this is to make a new branch for translations and send the translations to that branch and in the end if everybody is satisfied with the translations we could merge that branch.
04-23-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 09:22 AM by ket_kul.)
(04-22-2013 06:38 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  What is the problem with many commits?
you don´t need to download the builds with only new translations added.
And for testing: the translations shouldn´t cause any trouble with games so just test the new build and if somthing causes issues search for the last commit that wasn´t translation Smile

@Virgin KLM i would suggest you to fix everything as soon as you see it as later on it might be forgotten.

The only thing I thing could be a conclusion for this is to make a new branch for translations and send the translations to that branch and in the end if everybody is satisfied with the translations we could merge that branch.

I like this idea if possible...

Sorry for my rudeness to all devs, it's just a suggestion. maybe I will not confused with new recent build because its contain "commit logs" .

But what if after two weeks from now i trying to find and test old build, maybe to find some games that was work before and didn't work then, it will be hard because the "commits log" will not showing anymore on devbuild. It's just showing commit number and download links and they're not even sorted, like this...

------
My Devices :
• Sony Xperia Z1, 2.2GHz QuadCore, Snapdragon 800, Adreno 330
• DG41RQ, Core2Duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9500GT 1GB
-------
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
(04-22-2013 06:38 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  The only thing I think could be a conclusion for this is to make a new branch for translations and send the translations to that branch and in the end if everybody is satisfied with the translations we could merge that branch.

I'm supporting this idea if it's possible to do it, probably it would make things easier for everyone.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 3072MB RAM DDR2 | NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1024MB | http://github.com/KyousukeKyaa
04-24-2013, 04:43 PM
(04-23-2013 12:36 PM)Kyousuke Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 06:38 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  The only thing I think could be a conclusion for this is to make a new branch for translations and send the translations to that branch and in the end if everybody is satisfied with the translations we could merge that branch.

I'm supporting this idea if it's possible to do it, probably it would make things easier for everyone.

Okay Henrik found a even better solution with the submodule, so I´m closing this now.
Thread Closed