Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
opengl runs better than d3d11 on intel hd 4000?
06-11-2022, 10:28 PM
Smile opengl runs better than d3d11 on intel hd 4000?
is it just me, or does anyone else also have the same expirience? i usually go with d3d11 as it is the one that default actually, and have been like that for along time. the last time i use opengl, the performance on games that i played at the time is just inferior to d3d11. basically any game run slower on the former, if not the same. and then out of nowhere, i just have an idea to change the backend again recently. and i got surprisingly stable performance compare to d3d11. the most notable thing proabably when i played fftype0 recently. using opengl give me better and stable run, even with some shaders enabled. fxaa and crt scanline. ridge racer also have a better performance, even with the same set of shader enabled while also using 2x texture upscaling. those games barely ran stable even if i am not using any shader when we are in d3d11 mode, especially fftype0 which is really struggle to keep that 30fps.

so yeah, just want to share random info. also if you guys dont mind, i want to know your thoughts and expirience regarding those backend especially you guys that still use intel hd 4000 to play ppsspp.

btw, sorry for my english. i hope its still understandable. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply