Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Digimon Adventure
08-13-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Digimon Adventure
Last test: v0.8.1-1315-g2f39c8c Status: same issue

Well the 0.9 is coming soon, so maybe in a short in a short lapse of time this and other issues will be fixed, i hope.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2013, 02:51 AM
(08-13-2013 05:43 PM)Blackwargreymon Wrote:  Last test: v0.8.1-1315-g2f39c8c Status: same issue

Well the 0.9 is coming soon, so maybe in a short in a short lapse of time this and other issues will be fixed, i hope.

does the rest of the game work fine in PPSSPP after that particular part?
08-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Heart RE: Digimon Adventure
(08-15-2013 02:51 AM)bogey_j Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 05:43 PM)Blackwargreymon Wrote:  Last test: v0.8.1-1315-g2f39c8c Status: same issue

does the rest of the game work fine in PPSSPP after that particular part?

You can play "Our War Game, End" (the battle against Diaboromon) with out any problem (there's no internet dungeon, just a few dialogues and the cutscene), the rest of the game works fine. I played the crossover and part of new game+ with any crash.

So if you want to play the rest of the game, play "Our War Game, beg, & mid" chapters in your psp or jpcsp (sucks Confused), and then import the save and continue in ppsspp.

Last test in: v0.8.1-1378-g664d74a Status: -
08-18-2013, 02:16 AM
UPDATE:

I decide to upload the save from "Our War Game - beg." The second save is the first checkpoint, you can't access to the next area.

For some reason there's no v1582-1608 on windows so i can't check the progress for the issue. I think we need more feedback because i don't know about emulators, maybe the Tag Force saga (4-6) share the same loading problems, idk.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Save_DIGIMON_AD.zip (Size: 771.61 KB / Downloads: 620)
08-19-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 09:47 PM by LPatamon.)
I checked with v0.8.1-1647-g61d2042 and the problem is still there. So no change yet.

On that note I want to point something really positive on PPSSPP about this game. The slowdowns we get on some parts are almost gone. I finally get no slowdowns on battle mode at all. And while moving on the maps that before I got slowdows, now I get a very smooth moving, and on parts where the digidestined had dialogs, in a good number of them I get smooth sound Big Grin

I enabled to see the speed and where I get a bit of not smooth sound the speed lowers to just 90% (87% at most, except for the part where you are infront of the gate to the real world where you have to use the cards Gennai gives you. Only on that part (except the fight against Dokugumon which that one is at full speed) the speed goes down to 65%), that is just 10%-13% slowdown only, but the movement in the game isn't jumpy at all.

For example on a new game other that a tiny slowdown when the camera does the paning up to down showing that small building where the digidestined hid during the sudden snowstorm, I got full speed on that part when before I got quite a slowdown there. Tai even moves now smoothly there too and even the voices sound clear with no cracking sound at all which before happened due to the slowdowns ^^

So I have to say you got a good advance on the emulator towards a better emulation and I thank you for it because to achieve that I get full speed in most of this game despite my PC being a few years old, it sure shows you know what you're doing with the programming of this emulator.

So keep up that great work! Big Grin

Progress report about Our War Game issue.
Last tested version: v0.9-2-gd9cd0d1
08-21-2013, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:24 AM by Blackwargreymon.)
(08-19-2013 08:47 AM)LPatamon Wrote:  I checked with v0.8.1-1647-g61d2042 and the problem is still there. So no change yet.

On that note I want to point something really positive on PPSSPP about this game. The slowdowns we get on some parts are almost gone. I finally get no slowdowns on battle mode at all. And while moving on the maps that before I got slowdows, now I get a very smooth moving, and on parts where the digidestined had dialogs, in a good number of them I get smooth sound Big Grin

I enabled to see the speed and where I get a bit of not smooth sound the speed lowers to just 90% (87% at most, except for the part where you are infront of the gate to the real world where you have to use the cards Gennai gives you. Only on that part (except the fight against Dokugumon which that one is at full speed) the speed goes down to 65%), that is just 10%-13% slowdown only, but the movement in the game isn't jumpy at all.

For example on a new game other that a tiny slowdown when the camera does the paning up to down showing that small building where the digidestined hid during the sudden snowstorm, I got full speed on that part when before I got quite a slowdown there. Tai even moves now smoothly there too and even the voices sound clear with no cracking sound at all which before happened due to the slowdowns ^^

So I have to say you got a good advance on the emulator towards a better emulation and I thank you for it because to achieve that I get full speed in most of this game despite my PC being a few years old, it sure shows you know what you're doing with the programming of this emulator.

So keep up that great work! Big Grin

Last tested version: v0.9-2-gd9cd0d1

I agree with you friend. I like the improvements on v.09 Smile, well the issue is still there, now waiting for v1.0 lol :

UPDATED: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3014

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-21-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 08:31 PM by LPatamon.)
I'm sure the issue will be fixed sooner or later (hopefully sooner lol). They're doing quite a great work, I have to say that with the improvements I get full speed easily on 98% of the game. The slowdowns aren't much at all now. I have no slowdowns at all in some of the missions (as in from beginning to end on a mission I get full speed).

So I have faith in that they will find what's wrong with the glitch in our war game and will fix it ^^

Last tested version: v0.9.1-5-ga904d17
08-28-2013, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 04:14 PM by Blackwargreymon.)
The team made a great progress in this issue.

Improve some scheduling issues, deny many waits inside interrupts
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/3452

Digimon Adventure:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3014

Apparently now it's random.

I can't test in v.0.9.1 237 (no build)

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

But I test in v0.9.1-245 the last save updated by me, same problem.
(pd: tested in Our War game - beg & mid parts)

ISSUE PROGRESS: RANDOM test in v0.9.1-245

Recommendation: Use save statesExclamation

In the game, keep running (pressing "X" button) and keep pressing the TAB key (for unlimited speed) you have the 25% - 60% approx. of chance to load some areas in the game. If you fail, load the previous save state and repeat.

Well, the problem is still there but is a great improvement making the "Our war game parts I and II semi-playable.Wink

Our War Game, Beginning

Our War Game, Middle

09-05-2013, 01:01 AM
UPDATE: Stuck in "EXIT" space.

ISSUE PROGRESS: RANDOM test in v0.9.1-502-gffae887

My personal recomendation:

1.- Anisotropic Filter - off
2.- Fast memory - on
3.- Change CPU clock -(100-200)

Run the game:

1.- USE save states.
2.- Keep pressing the TAB key while running with agumon and you have 25%-60% chances to load the next area
3.- If you fail, load and repeat.

By the way, the in v0.9.1-502 the "blur effect" of the introduction of the battle is now emulated.

pd: The Hollyangemon's sword & helmet transparent "glitch" is present in a real PSP, so is not a problem from PPSSPP (but still looks weird):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqR_2g7yj1Y
09-07-2013, 02:56 PM
(09-05-2013 01:01 AM)Blackwargreymon Wrote:  UPDATE: Stuck in "EXIT" space.

2.- Fast memory - on

Run the game:

1.- USE save states.
2.- Keep pressing the TAB key while running with agumon and you have 25%-60% chances to load the next area

By the way, the in v0.9.1-502 the "blur effect" of the introduction of the battle is now emulated.

pd: The Hollyangemon's sword & helmet transparent "glitch" is present in a real PSP, so is not a problem from PPSSPP (but still looks weird):

do you know what the TAB key is mapped to on the 360 controller? what does the TAB key do in PPSSPP anyway?
09-09-2013, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 02:02 AM by Grumps.)
I need help running this on my Galaxy S3. I'm using the v0.9.1-698-g59bd524 build for Android, and I've used the Maximizing the Performance for PPSSPP guide, but the main game keeps running at 10% - 55% max speed. Any suggestions? I can run the cinematic cut scenes (where there is no text boxes) and the very first scene at like 80% - 100% speed. But that's it.
09-10-2013, 05:19 AM

2.- Fast memory - on

Run the game:

1.- USE save states.

Hey! it worked. I managed to pass from the first area thanks to your suggestion Big Grin

Hopefully it will get fixed soon ^^
09-13-2013, 01:21 AM

2.- Fast memory - on

Run the game:

1.- USE save states.

PPSSPP v0.9.1-811-gfad9720 (Agumon is still stuck in the exit space.)

I would change the recommended CPU clock to 113 or lower before starting the game. I left the CPU clock at 111 and Agumon seems to pass the exit space to fight Infermon (100% ?) of the time without using Unthrottle (tab).
10-01-2013, 07:11 PM
This is a question that i already read, but still i have no answer. The thing is about the sound, i'm using the last version of ppsspp, the option of download atrac3+ i can't clic it, i guess that i already have it. I don't know what to do, there is something at least?

PD: english is not my first language so if i have some mistakes, my bad.
10-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Hello bothered to help me with a problem I have when I try to play with my PPSSPP Digimon!
I can play, listen and others. But what I can not do is go to the "Menu" to see the list of objects, objects charge my digimon and others.
I got tired of pressing all the keys on my keyboard and I do not see the menu, you could help me? Sorry for the misspelling, but speak very good English! I would greatly appreciate you can help me!