Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Builds (Their purpose)
04-19-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 12:56 PM by Swifty.)
PPSSPP Builds (Their purpose)
Hello there!

I was browsing around the internet mostly on Youtube and Google for a chance to find some kind of a proper or atleast an acceptable emu and ran out to this

First of all congratulations on making one of the best PSP emulators today,i would like to thank all the staff behind the hard work to make this emu better and better everyday.

One thing thats been playing on my mind is,whats the real purpose of these "Builds"?,appreciated if you could answer my questions in order please.

1-Do they have any effect on Glitchy/non-playable games so that they become playable or atleast go from very glitchy to just simple graphical glitches

2-is it neccesary to have them downloaded?

3-whats the very main goal of "builds"?

last question is when do you see PPSSPP 1.0 getting a release? not trying to make you predict anything but just a slight and quick date that you think it can be possible

Thank you and have a nice day. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: PPSSPP Builds (Their purpose)
1. Yes to all. But sometimes they become more glitchy. They are just the latest changes.

2. Up to you. You don't have to, you can stick with the stable releases.

3. Testing. Me and the other developers don't have every possible game, so when we fix something, add logging, etc. git builds enable other people to try it out and report how it worked.

Sorry, dates are hard. But it's making good progress.

-[Unknown]
04-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank for you for the response,good to know builds do affect games,one of the reasons i'm using PPSSPP is to play my fav' game that is Smackdown vs RAW 2006/07 and kick it off with season mode BUT looks like both of them are not yet compatible with the emulator and hopefuly they will in the near future

one last question,do you think PPSSPP could ever reach a level where it can run all the PSP Games? i know its praticlly impossible for the moment but is it?
04-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Hmm, I think it's possible, but perfection is very hard, it may be a ways off yet.

-[Unknown]
04-20-2013, 10:01 AM
hello, i have a question for the builds. by what order should i install the releasing builds? or doesnt it matter? and second question: when i install the builds on android it says that the application isnt installed? should this be happening?
04-26-2013, 03:33 AM
No matter the order.
The problem is the installation because the builds are different from the version released on the official website or Google Play. You need to uninstall it and install the build downloaded.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro