Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows)
04-18-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 03:29 PM by Nezarn.)
[Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows)
I know cloud saves are planned, but this is a nice temp. solution. (on windows for backup purposes.)

0.Register on dropbox and install the client. (if someone doesnt have dropbox account yet and wants +500 mb ref link: http://db.tt/FpQJM3vC )
1.Move your Memstick folder (temporarily) to somewhere else. (to another drive\folder)
2.Open up the command prompt (fastest way is to press windows button+r on your keyboard and type in cmd and press enter.)
3.Type in : mklink /j <your path to ppsspp memstick (original location)> <your dropbox folder> Example: http://i.imgur.com/Z9vIJOC.jpg
4.Move the PSP folder from your Memstick(that you copied to somewhere in 1.) folder to your dropbox folder (what you used in 3.)
5.When you overwrite your save in ppspp, dropbox will automatically sync it.

If this is hard to understand i can make a tutorial video for it.

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 12:37 PM by kevke96.)
RE: [Tutorial] How to auto-backup your savegames using Dropbox. (Windows)
Wow. I didnt know you could do this on Windows. This is useful far beyond PPSSPP.
I thank you.
Edit: You can post the referral link for dropbox right here. Wouldnt be selfish anymore, now that Ive asked for it.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Added ref link.

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 01:18 AM by riley.)
If you're like me and go between Android and PC you can also sync between the Dropbox folder and Android with the free versions of apps like Dropsync and Foldersync which are available in the play store. Setup the PC from Nezarn's instructions above. Then on Android setup a folder pair between the save data folder in dropbox and on your device. The documentation for the app you chose should explain how. On my Android I sync the /psp/SAVEDATA/ folder from the internal memory.

I expect this only works for the actual in-game save data and not the emulator's save states, but I may be wrong. I only sync the SAVEDATA folder because it's less data anyway.

I've been playing Persona 3 Portable like this for a few days without issue.

I recommend making a save backup before trying in case something goes wrong. It's also worth noting that dropbox saves previus versions of a file. If you accidentally save over the wrong file in a game you can go into the directory in windows where the save is located, right click on the file, choose the dropbox menu, and then view previous versions to get it back.
04-29-2013, 11:10 AM
This is great. Now I got everything synced between Windows and Android.
Dropsync doesnt do it the way it should be, but Foldersync works great. Syncing the savestates does work, too.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user