Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[GUIDE] PPSSPP (Android) Connect to Real PSP (2000/3000) with Pro Online Plugin
12-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Star [GUIDE] PPSSPP (Android) Connect to Real PSP (2000/3000) with Pro Online Plugin
first of all, sorry for my lack of English skill. I honestly come here writing this trying to help anyone from struggling like me a dummy of course.

ima jump straight to the point. since i found a lot of PPSSPP x PC playing together or PPSSPP (PC) x Real PSP but I'm having a hard time finding one with Real PSP x PPSSPP on Android. (i know, im rly bad at english so bear with me im gonna use "x" a lot)

Requirement :
- 2 Android Phones [Might work with iPhone (as long as you can change the hotspot security encryption mode to open or wpa)]
- 1 PSP with Pro CFW (im using Psp 3000 with CFW 660 Pro-C) (Why Pro C? because the Force High Memory Layout feature is available in VSH > Recovery Menu > Advanced )
- Any available PC or Laptop
- Pro Online Plugin

Setup :
- Come HERE to Learn how to setup Pro Online Plugin
- Delete the pspnet_miniupnc.prx inside kd folder
- Open seplugins folder and Edit the SERVER.txt with the ip of your PLAYING SIDE PHONE (ex. 192.168.3.1) and HOTSPOT.txt with your SERVER SIDE PHONE SSID (Hotspot Name) (ex. MYHOTSPOT).
- Enable Force High Memory Layout you can find it by pressing Select button on your PSP and going to VSH > Recovery Menu > Advanced
- In the same Advanced option Disable Inferno & NP9660 Use ISO Cache
[if you need more information on setting up the Pro Online Plugin Please Come Here]

Now With The WLAN / AD HOC on The Android Side
[SERVER / HOTSPOT SIDE]
-Turn On your phone hotspot (act as a server)
-Make sure you have an internet connection over wifi or data (else you won't find IP Address)
-You DONT have to install PPSSPP here
-Make sure the hotspot doesn't have any Security Encryption (usually its WPA2 by default for a modern phone but you can change it) except for WPA or Open (no password) [else your PSP couldn't connect to it (was frustrating for me)]

[GAME SIDE]
- Connect to your server phone Hotspot
- Start PPSSPP, go to Networking settings :
- enable networking
- enable the built-in ad hoc server
- write the IP address of your Phone [The Phone You're Gonna Playing With] (you can find it at Settings > About Phone > Phone information / Status) on the Pro ad Hoc Server Ip Address.

[REAL PSP SIDE]
- Turn On WLAN Switch on top of your PSP
- Open Game with Available Multiplayer WLAN Feature (ex. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite)
- Wait till PLAYING SIDE PHONE Create WLAN Lobby (Entered Online Gathering Hall)
- Then Join In

There Are RULES
ON PPSSPP: create or host the game
ON PSP: join the game

MAPPED VIEWS ON HOW EVERYTHING WORKS

SERVER SIDE PHONE (Hotspot) (Wifi/Data ON)
| |
V
PLAYING SIDE PHONE + Function as Host with PPSSPP
| |
V
PSP 3000 PLAYING TOGETHER with your PLAYING SIDE PHONE

(I know its weird why PLAYING SIDE PHONE cant Become SERVER at the same time right???)

*TIPS: Try Changeing Rendering Resolution in Graphic Setting on PPSSPP to Auto (1:1) and anti-aliasing to x16 it puts my PSP 3000 to shame, 700mb MHFU now looks AMAZING!

*NOTE: in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite online gathering hall other player may seems laggy, but when youre entering mission its not laggy at all, its just like playing PSP x PSP.

Please Correct me if you spot a mistake, again I write this as a guide to those who seek how to pair up Real PSP and Android PPSSPP to play together.

May This Tutorial Helps, Thankyou
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2020, 12:15 AM
RE: [GUIDE] PPSSPP (Android) Connect to Real PSP (2000/3000) with Pro Online Plugin
It sure is a good guide but there is just one problem and its that some game require for Android to use a port offset above 1024 however, port offset need to at 0 to be compatible with real psp so basically that mean there are few games that can be played between real psp and Android ppsspp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply