Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there an actual proper tutorial on how to create (HD) tesxture packs?
11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Is there an actual proper tutorial on how to create (HD) tesxture packs?
I've looked pretty much everywhere I could and it seems to me like there isn't a single actual tutorial out there for creating texture packs for PPSSPP.

For starters, non of the threads or "tutorials" even mention how to export/get the texture files from the game ISO. I know, there's the method where you save state then export with PPSSPP, but that's hardly an actual solution since you'd need to do that a ridicilous amount of times to replace the majority of textures in the game.

Then everything about what you have to do after you have your textures is pretty badly documented, with some information in a "tutorial" section on GitHub, but others just randomly mentioned on threads on the forum. Is there really no simpler way to organize and explain all this properly?

Am I just really bad at looking for tutorials or is the documentation of this is actually this horrible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2020, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020 06:55 PM by AkiraJkr.)
RE: Is there an actual proper tutorial on how to create (HD) tesxture packs?
Moved this to the proper subforum. (The Texture Packs subforum is only to post projects, not discuss them.Though you can still discuss about the each pack there...)

------------------------------------------------------

PSP ISO modding is kind of pain as it is, and I believe that extracting textures directly from the ISO would be even more painful for a plethora of reasons, but the MOST important one would be.

You will not know where the texture belongs to, the context, if it looks appropriate or not, if it'll be properly scaled. If it HAS to follow the Aspect Ratio or not.But it's nearly impossible you need to change the AR.

Even if it sounds dumb when I say it, in practice, everything makes sense. It's better if you make it in a area-by-area base than just go dumping and replacing everything without checking if you left a mistake here and there.

...Like I did with my own texture pack. A stain of the mistake of dumping everything in a go. (This is still there, by the way.)

An example I took through the rest of my project:

Do NOT go dumping and replacing textures as you go. Go area-by-area. Once you're done with area A, go to area B. Same goes for characters. Weapons, etc.
Legend says I'll never find what broke that effect...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply