Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it safe to run games at increased speed for long periods of time?
11-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Is it safe to run games at increased speed for long periods of time?
I'm playing a couple of games that I dumped recently from my PSP, and some of them have painfully slow animations and cutscenes that can get really frustrating when playing for a long time.

I recently found out that I can increase the emulation speed with PPSSPP which would help make it more tolerable, but one thing that makes me worried is that if I play for an extended period of time using increased speed emulation will game corruption or save corruption or anything like that occur, or is it safe to do it?

Also, I'd like to know if it's safe to use save states? Will they corrupt my saves if I keep using them?

Thanks in forward.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2020, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2020 10:07 PM by Henrik.)
RE: Is it safe to run games at increased speed for long periods of time?
Yeah, it's safe. Maybe some game cares about the real time clock but generally it's perfectly fine.

Go ahead and use save states but don't count too much on them - always make regular saves from time to time so you have a backup.
11-24-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: Is it safe to run games at increased speed for long periods of time?
Safe, using PPSSPP will not affect the game itself in any way , it will not be damaged and Yes, it is safe!