Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheats not being disabled
10-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Cheats not being disabled
Playing FF4 on PPSPP, enabled the "no encounters" cheat from here: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=11961

Forgot to save state, and died, so I used that to quickly get back to where I was. However, it seems that I can't disable the cheat. Here's what I tried:

unchecking "enable cheats" from the menu
unchecking the cheat itself in the cheat menu
resetting

I can still get random encounters by holding down square (mapped to X on xbone ctrlr), but that isn't ideal. I'd rather not have to hold down square the entire game.

any solutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Cheats not being disabled
If the cheat doesn't come with special "disable" cheat, then restart the game with the cheat disabled and reload it from normal in-game save.

Savestates KEEP everything, from changes done in memory by cheats to all kind of other bugs and glitches, you should NOT depend on them soo much or at some point your game will break and you'll not have a savedata to continue from.
Games are NOT perfectly stable and will often get buggy if the game on a real console is never restarted and loading a savestate each time to continue basically simulates such situation, so this is a real problem pretty often affecting savestate abusers.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-20-2020, 03:03 AM
(10-12-2020 06:17 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If the cheat doesn't come with special "disable" cheat, then restart the game with the cheat disabled and reload it from normal in-game save.

Savestates KEEP everything, from changes done in memory by cheats to all kind of other bugs and glitches, you should NOT depend on them soo much or at some point your game will break and you'll not have a savedata to continue from.
Games are NOT perfectly stable and will often get buggy if the game on a real console is never restarted and loading a savestate each time to continue basically simulates such situation, so this is a real problem pretty often affecting savestate abusers.
Thank you for your help guys.
11-04-2020, 10:44 AM
I make sure it the check next to Disable Cheats is there. But, it's still not working. Using Plus, some cheats cannot be disabled. You must disable Whether they're unchecked or if they've even been deleted! Save Share.
11-04-2020, 10:45 AM
(10-20-2020 03:03 AM)changagnon Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 06:17 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If the cheat doesn't come with special "disable" cheat, then restart the game with the cheat disabled and reload it from normal in-game save.

Thank you for your help guys.
I make sure it the check next to Disable Cheats is there. But, it's still not working. Using Plus, some cheats cannot be disabled. You must disable Whether they're unchecked or if they've even been deleted! Save Share.